PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about October

mudpuppysmom
04-16-2009, 08:58 AM
This will be our first time going in October. We've been in September into the beginning of October, but this year we're going the week after Columbus day (14-20).

I know it's hurricane season, but I'm not overly worried (it'll be a different story if we are there and one affects WDW I'm sure, but I can't go into this thinking about that!).

We'd like to hit MNSSHP which we have done before

We are thinking maybe a waterpark? We are from the north, so I don't know that weather will affect us -- unless it is really cool!

Crowds -- I'm not sure what to expect -- does anyone know??? Seems that lately the crowds have been showing up in droves!

We're not techincally staying onsite -- SOG, so we won't have total disney immersion. And, we'll have a car, so we can flee if something arises (like a hurricane --if we want to).

Anything else we might need to know?

SBETigg
04-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Nothing to worry about with hurricanes. Disney takes so much care about weather-proofing and they're really good to the guests in the event of one. We had a hurricane during our last October trip, and we couldn't have felt safer. Plus, there were character visits in the GCH (we were at the Poly) and then parks opened to resort guests and had special hours to make up for time lost during hurricane closure. It was really fine.

October is a great time to go. Usually warm enough for water parks. Moderate crowds- used to be low crowds but lately more moderate. World Showcase gets crowded, especially on weekends, due to the Food and Wine Festival. But it's all fun.

RedSoxFan
04-16-2009, 11:39 AM
We were there the 3rd week of October 2008. It was busy; but not too bad. Toy Story Mania, Aerosmith, Sorin' and Test Track were the busiest attractions. The other attractions weren't overly busy. The weather was very nice. My kids went swimming in the afternoon.