PDA

View Full Version : Is there ever an oppourtunity to be a "civilian" in a parade?

tinkerddeedee
04-16-2009, 07:04 AM
I've probably watched WAY to many happy tv shows that depict a "normal" person getting to ride in a float or be part of one of the parades at Disney. Does this ever REALLY happen? :goof:

BigRedDad
04-16-2009, 07:52 AM
Yes, it very much does. My mom, dad, niece and nephew were asked to join the Halloween party parade 2 years ago. They were brought up on the top of one of the buses to wave at the crowds and ride through the entire route.

EyeLuvDisney
04-16-2009, 10:08 AM
My family was picked last year to be one of two families chosen to be the Grand Marshals of the daytime parade at Magic Kingdom.

Basically, we were walking towards the castle on Main Street and realized we did not have a map. So, we found this warm and friendly cast member and asked if he had a map. He kindly replied with a "yes" and asked where we were going. We replied with looking for a place to pick up some breakfast snacks.

While walking with us towards an eatery we joked back and forth. He then invited us to participate as Grand Marshals. We were THRILLED! I have never been chosen for anything like that. We excitedly agreed. This was such an exciting time. The only part of this that was less than magical is that the photographer following us had a camera malfunction so none of our pictures turned out. However, the memories are cemented in my mind and we were able to take pictures with our own camera along the route.

Now, the funniest part of the experience is thinking of all the people taking pictures of us while riding along. I joked with my wife about the fact that once the pictures are viewed, they will ask themselves, "who are those people on the float?"

joanna71985
04-16-2009, 11:19 AM
I've probably watched WAY to many happy tv shows that depict a "normal" person getting to ride in a float or be part of one of the parades at Disney. Does this ever REALLY happen? :goof:

Yes it does. Guests are chosen to be the Grand Marshalls in the parades.

PlutoPlanet
04-16-2009, 12:41 PM
They plucked us right off of Main Street in 2004 to be Grand Marshalls. It must have been a slow day.

wire0monkey
04-16-2009, 01:03 PM
They used to do a "Family Fun Parade" which was all about guest participation in a parade. My oldest son, who was 4, loved it. He was extremely pleased about being in a parade and told everyone.

I wish they still did it.

My favorite parts of WDW are the guest participation stuff for kids. Stuff like the Pirate Tutorial and Woody's Cowboy Camp make my kids really, really happy. The rides and the bling are great, but the chance to participate is what keeps us coming back after we've seen the bling.

We're really, really looking forward to the Jedi Training Academy when we go this fall.

tinkerddeedee
04-16-2009, 03:35 PM
OH, what wonderful memories. One can only dream.......

dmosher
04-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Next time we are there I will just have to make a wish for this!
:pipes:
D

Scott C
04-16-2009, 03:56 PM
dw and I along with our sons were chosen to ride a float in Mickey's jammin' jungle parade a few years back -- had a blast -- but, our arms were worn out from all of the waving and could not get that song out of heads -- had to listen to the same song for the whole route. We had a few glimpses backstage. A fantastic experience overall.

Thanks
Scott C

cindchan
04-16-2009, 09:09 PM
You see them in every parade. And more than one family at that.

But me? I'd rather be on the side and watch the parade go by! More to see that way! :number1:

KEYONNAH
04-17-2009, 11:28 PM
In 2006 we were chosen to be in the Jamin Jungle Parade. I think that Ihad more fun than the kids.

WDWdriver
04-18-2009, 12:47 AM
Your best chance to be selected is at Animal Kingdom. There are 22 seats for guests in Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade every afternoon.

tinkerddeedee
04-18-2009, 10:44 AM
I will make it my mission to get my family in a parade:thumbsup:

TeamJonasSister
04-18-2009, 04:28 PM
My aunt and uncle and their two kid were in a parade once.

motherof4
04-18-2009, 05:01 PM
last year we were asked to be in the famiy fun parade. I played the tamborine even though it was 100 degrees because it was in aug it was alot of fun we took pictures with pluto and marched down main street.