PDA

View Full Version : In Disney Right Now, April 15th, 11:59 pm

disneyboy98
04-16-2009, 01:15 AM
So falling asleep at the computer tonight, so I will do the best that I can to get through it! Ha ha ha!

We had another wonderful day today here at WDW. To start off with we had an ADR for Chef Mickey’s where we got to eat some really good food, and Miss Chloe got to visit with her good friends Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto. She had an amazing time, and as you can see from the pics, she was not scared of a single one of them.

After breakfast we kind of roamed around the Contemporary for a bit and even took a look at the Kingdom Tower that they are just starting to finish up. Wow! I can’t believe that it is even the same place as last year. We even saw a few people up in the windows of the rooms cleaning and getting some furnishings in there. It will be open before you know it.

Now, next, well we thought that we would take a hop skip and a jump over to the MK to try and get in a few attractions. However, when we walked in there we were met with a wall (I kind you now, a wall) of people. Rookie mistake! If it is rainy and windy the day before people are not likely to go to a theme park. But, when the next day is nice and sunny (like today) everyone will decide to flock to the theme park. Well we had just got into Tomorrowland when we saw Buzz had a 50 minute wait, Stitch had a 45 minute wait, Space Mountain was over two hours, and there was a rather large line up for the COP (yes, the COP!). Plus, the TTA had broken down just when we got into Tommorowland and it was still broken ten minutes after we decided to leave.

Well, what to do, what to do!? Beckie, Kevin, and I decided to head to DTD Westside for a look around while mom and dad took Chloe to the pool. We got to look in the Harley Davidson shop and then we went into the store (can’t remember what it is called) that house all of the movie and music pariphanalia where you have to pay through the teeth in order to get someone’s autograph poster or guitar.

After that we took a bus back to the Swan and relaxed until we decided to head on over to the AK and get in the two walking paths that we did not get in the other day. When we got there, the first thing we were thankful for was that we were able to walk around the park, not like the MK. So, we then decided, on the spur of the moment, was to go over and look around Rafiki’s Planet Watch. It was very cool and Chloe loved it; especially the petting zoo! We saw lamas, donkeys, and goats, all things that we are used to having around at home. Chloe, however, did not care and she loved all of them.

Well it was right after I washed my hands at the petting zoo that tragedy stuck. Yes, when I went to grab my camera it slipped out of my hands and landed flat on the ground! Yikes! Luckily, Beckie brought hers along so I can still use that. There are still pictures, yay! My camera works, but I just can’t change any of the photo options on it (it’s stuck in landscape mode) so I will just use Beckie’s till I can get mine fixed!

Well after taking the tain back to Harambe and went around on the two paths. One sad thing though was that we had just missed the gorillas going in for the night. That was OK because the tigers made up for it. The two tigers were very active, which made it all worth while.

We then decided to grab a quick snack at the Yak and Yeti counterservice before heading over to the studios for EMH. We had two orders of the Honey Chicken to share, and while I will say that I am not an expert on this type of food, it honestly tasted like something that I could have picked up at my local malls food court. It was definitely not something to write home about and I really doubt that I will have it again. However, you live and learn, and now that know I don’t like it, I don’t have to have it again and second guess myself.

We then headed over to the studios and we decided to meet up at the Playhouse Disney Dance Party at 10:00. Kevin, Beckie, and I then headed around to look for a place to actually get some food (the yak and yeti was just not cutting it). We tried the Prime Time, Brow Derby, with no availability for three people. We then checked at the Sci Fi and got in. I was not super hungry so I ordered the spinach and artichoke dip, Beckie ordered the onion rings, and Kevin had the chili. Now, we had tried this place once, along time ago and I think there is a reason why we have not been back. The real reason we wanted to go was to let Kevin see what the place is like (remember, it is only his second time to Disney). The ambience receives and A+. It’s very cool and I like the idea that you can watch the movies while you eat. However, as for the eating part, we all gave it a C-. The food was livable but definitely not what I would consider Disney standards. Plus, what is with all the plates breaking left right and centre. I don’t know if it has happened to you while you are there, but twice, while we were eating, a waiter or waitress dropped all of there plates on the grand with a huge crash. Once, I can see. Twice, wow! For me, I am very much a “find the silver lining” type person, but I cannot see myself going back there again for many years. It just didn’t cut it with me. Again, this is me, you may love it!

Well after that, we decided to end the night on a high note as we headed over to the Playhouse Disney Dance Party. If you have never done this and you have young children or children that don’t mind having a blast with a ton of Disney characters, dancing to Disney (tween) music (High School Musical, Miley, Hanna Montana, and Jonas Brothers), having bubbles come down from the ceiling, getting free balloon animals and hats made by professionals, and dancing in a place that has lights flashing all over the place, then this DEFINITELY is the place for you. We actually stumbled on this dance party a few years ago during the studios EMH. It is held at the Playhouse Disney Live on Stage set and there is a DJ cranking out all the tunes and everyone has an absolute blast. The best thing for us though, was the you get to see the characters away from the lines, the time limits, and the really quick interactions and photo ops that you get during your time in the parks and at the breakfasts. For those of us that can remember, there was a time when you could go up to a character at anytime without them having their “bodyguards”. Well at the dance party, it is like those old times are back!

The characters come out in two to three shifts. When we got there at the start of the party it was JoJo and Goliath, and of course everyone sort of stormed them to get the autographs and the pics. But, as the music kept playing, the characters just became part of the dance party. As the kids (and parents) danced away, there was opportunities to just go up to the characters to get your pics. Eventually, the kids just kept dancing and the characters got to roam around the room and see the kids. Then, Mickey and Minnie showed up together and of course the entire room just swarmed them. But after about twenty minutes or so, Mickey and Minnie were still out there with the kids but they were able to go around the room freely and they were not getting mobbed. We kind of hung out at the back of the room with Chloe (she was dancing up a storm) and she was kind of off by herself (with us) dancing and doing her own thing. We were kind of on our own and the characters just kept coming back with her and dancing and having a great time. We got the photos that we wanted, we just had to wait for the character to come to us. Goofy stayed by us for about 10 minutes just playing with the kids and making sure that Chloe was having a good time (which she was). All in all, we had Mickey and Minnie, JoJo and Goliath, two of the Little Einsteins, Goofy and Pluto, come by and see us. So here is the tip, stay at the back of the room and find a place all to yourself. The characters WILL come to you, you just have to be willing to wait for all the other kids to have their fill of them and get “bored” with them. The characters will then move all around the room and they will find your little ones! Trust me! It works!

Well after Chloe had seen all the characters of the evening we decided to pack it in for the night and head back to the room.

Tomorrow, we have an ADR at Le Cellier for an early lunch which we are looking forward to. Then, we will either head back to the outlets for a bit of shopping or we may just stay at Epcot or we may try and tackle the MK again and see if we can actually get on the TTA without a huge wait (there’s a sentence I never thought I would say)!

Have an awesome Disney day!

To see today’s pics, please click here (http://picasaweb.google.com/brettyoung8864/WednesdayApril15th2009#)! Because of the camera incident today, some of the pictures may be out of order as they come up in the album. I am sure you can figure it out!

SBETigg
04-16-2009, 07:07 AM
Ah, seasoned Disney travelers always ready with a backup plan. Too bad the MK was so crowded, but you had a great day, anyway. Very cool. I especially love Chloe with Minnie in their matching dresses- so cute! Sorry about the camera. Thanks for the report!

yjgirl32
04-16-2009, 08:09 AM
I love the pictures from Chef Mickey's! Chloe is so cute in her Minnie dress. Thanks for sharing and for your opinion of the Sci-Fi- my dh is dying to try this place- I will just order a milkshake and possible an appetizer. Have a great time.

Tinkerfreak
04-16-2009, 08:16 AM
OK is it me or does Chloe just keep getting cuter and cuter? She is absolutley adorable.

I think out of all the trip reports I read, yours are my all time favorites every year. I actually get on Intercot just to read your daily post. I actually look forward to reading yours every year. I think it is because you almost make us feel like we are there.
I'm glad you are having a good trip and Chloe is lucky to have such a wonderful Uncle and family.

DizNee143
04-16-2009, 10:30 AM
what a great day!! so sorry to hear about your camera..hope you can get it fixed or that it magically fixes itself (hey you never know!!..lol) :mickey:

g8rgirl29
04-16-2009, 10:31 AM
It looks like you guys are having a Magical Vacation!!! Thanks again for sharing your trip with us and the great photo's too!!!! I have really enjoyed reading about your trip!! It is making me really anxious for ours to arrive, only 152 days to go! Sorry about your camera, I hope you can get it fixed.

divinedi
04-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Looks like you're having a great time!! Chloe is very cute, love the picture of her hugging Mickey! Hope the rest of the trip goes well, sorry about your camera!

MOJoe
04-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Your report gives "flying saucers" at the Sci-Fi a whole new meaning.

We haven't done Playhouse Disney in 5 years. Our youngest is 10 now. But you make it sound very tempting.
Thanks for the report.

Hull-onian
04-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Enjoyed your trip report and photos!! Thanks:thumbsup:

faline
04-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Sorry about your camera! Otherwise, it was a fabulous day (once you got out of the Magic Kingdom)!

Bethis26fan
04-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Other than the camera it sounds like a fun day. Thank you for sharing.

RocknBev
04-18-2009, 09:50 AM
-sorry about your camera...hope you get it fixed!
-sorry about Sci Fi...we love the atmosphere too but as for the food...it always depends upon WHAT you order...which is definitely not Disney standard!

Chloe is as cute as she can be....love the picture with Minnie in her matching dresses! OMG....couldn't be a better Kodak moment!:mickey:

pdrlkr
04-26-2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: