PDA

View Full Version : ME Question

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
04-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Our family will be traveling to WDW in June.I will be leaving with my son and husband but returning home for one day to pick up my daughter and return the same day to WDW:whew:. I am assuming we will be able to use ME to get back and forth but how will I get the vouchers to get on the bus? Thank You!!

peemagg
04-15-2009, 12:53 PM
You need to call and arrange all of it. They will need to know about all the different transfers so they can get you on their lists.

CleveRocks
04-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Each guest is entitled to only one DME bus ride in each direction. If you are using DME on your original arrival day to get from the airport to your resort, and then later take a DME bus to get from your resort to the airport to get home to meet up eith your daughter, then you've used up your DME rides. You wouldn't be permitted another ride from the airport to your resort, and then at the very end of the trip yet another ride from your resort to the airport.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's the way they do it.

It's not just a matter of asking Disney to be nice, assuming it doesn't cost them anything to have another person on the bus. I don't know about the trip from resort to airport, but I know for sure that on the trip from airport to resort, Disney pays a set fee per passenger to the airport and a set fee per passenger to Mears, the subcontractor that provides the buses and drivers. It's the scanning of the vouchers that produces this billing. A Mears employee (not a Disney cast member) does the scanning, looking out for his/her company's bottom line.

04-16-2009, 08:10 AM
WOW! I didn't think getting on the bus would be an issue! After all they do go back and forth all day....many of them....often not full. My daughter, on the way back to the resort should be able to get on....and ride by herself?:confused:. I think I'll have to make a phone call. Thanks for the info!

04-16-2009, 01:10 PM
:)Disney is magical! I called and explained my situation and the wonderful CM explained that you normally would only get a round trip on ME, but they didn't find it necessary for a "legally" minor child to ride by herself. So they put me on a bus on the way to the airport and both of us on the way home. I got the confirmation email just now!:thumbsup:

CleveRocks
04-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Great news! :thumbsup: