PDA

View Full Version : In Disney Right Now, April 14th, 11:59 pm

disneyboy98
04-15-2009, 01:25 AM
We are back in the room, again, after an awesome day here at WDW. Well, not so much weather wise. The temp was cool, rainy, and really windy. However, we were still at Disney and it was great!

We started off the day by heading over to DHS and sprinting to get a FP for none other than Tory Story Mania. When we got closer the attraction we found the the FP line was lined up right beside One Man’s Dream and that it would take about 15 minutes for us to get our FPs. Today though, nothing was going to stop up from getting onto that attraction. So, when we got our FPs they were from 11:45 to 12:45. The nice thing though, and I guess this was a stroke of luck, there was a cast member right at our FP machine. I showed her our tickets and she just punched them right out of the machine for us. Yes, that means that technically we had not used our passes to get FPs yet. So, Beckie and I ran over to RRC and used our passes to get FPs for it from 11:45 to 12:45.

Well, as we were heading back, Beckie said to me, “why don’t you go and try to audition for American Idol?” As most people know, I do love to sing. I lead worship service at my church, I am involved in our high school’s annual musical as an instructor. Music is a huge part of my life. So, I thought, “go for it and try it.” Now, trust me, this ends happily! I made it onto the American Idol stage as one of the three finalists for the 1:00 pm show. It was an awesome experience that I honestly will never forget. For crying out loud, I got to perform “Footloose” (ha ha ha) in front of over 1000 people. That's right, over 1000 people! I can finally cross that one off my bucket list!

For those of you that have not been able to actually experience the attraction (let alone actually performing on the stage which, for me, was an experience I will never forget.) I will try to explain it to you as best as I can:

1. You go to the back of the attraction (across from the ABC Commissary) and go through the audition line. The production crew meet you there and explain that you have to have two 30 second songs ready for the casting person. Also, as you can tell from the pics (link at the bottom) the rest of the family went and did other stuff while I auditioned because I think we honestly felt that the audition would be over in the first round, ha ha ha! So, that is why there is pics of Playhouse Disney and Mike and Sully. I was not there but the rest of the family was!

2. You then go in and sing for the casting person and they say whether or not you are going through. I got to go through!

3. I was then lead to a small conference room with ipods and sofas and tables and was asked to pick two songs that I would sing for the second audition. I chose “You’ll Be In My Hear” (I thought I should at least go with a Disney tune), and “Footloose” (it’s catchy and a different style, plus, I knew it!)

4. I was then lead into the second audition room and sang to my two songs with the help of an LCD screen. The casting director asked a few more questions and then Ryan Seacrest appeared on the screen to tell me that I was “in the show!” Very cool!

5. I then had to shoot a few promo shots for the camera, answer a few more questions that they used in the show, and was told when to show up for make-up, vocal coaching, and a run through of how the show will look so that we knew.

6. My show was at 1:00 in the afternoon. I had to be back at the AIE for 11:50 to get everything done. My parents, Beckie, Kevin, and Chloe got special VIP seats to watch from during the show (still in the audience but they got to come in first). Also, before I went back, we went at around 11:30 and received another round of FPs for Toy Story Mania. The return time was for around 6:10 so yes, the rain did keep the crowds down at there was still FPs available at around 11:15 this morning.

7. I was then presented a lanyard (which I got to keep) that stated “AIE VOTE FOR ME” so I got to where that around the park which was really cool. I then left to meet my family at the back of the building.

8. I didn’t have much time to relax (I did go and ask if our TSM FPs would still be good because we would not get there for our scheduled time. The lady at the FP entrance said it would be no problem, so that made us feel good.

9. After about 50 minutes I returned to the back of the AIE auditorium and was lead into a room with two other contestants (both really friendly girls). I didn’t realize that there was only three contestants during the course of the day and then the final seven at the end, so that was kind of neat to know that there was only three of us.

10. I was then lead into my vocal coaching for a 10 minute warm-up and instruction with Mario. He was awesome and so friendly and gave us pointers of what to work on before going out on the stage.

11. Then it was time for make-up. For me, some stuff on my face (don’t know what), some lip stuff (don’t know what), and then some hair gel which the lady told me that it was the stuff that the High School Muscial performers swear by! Oh good! Ha ha ha!

12. The three of us were then lead backstage to a three person sofa and there was also a LCD TV there so we could watch the show from backstage as we were performing. We were taken through all the cues, how the show was going to work, and then we were hooked up with some kind of remote that was pinned to our shirts that let the spotlights know to move if we moved around on the stage. So if I walked left, the spotlights would know to follow me! VERY COOL!

13. We were then presented with Photopass cards that would allow us to view the pics that the Disney people were going to be taking of us throughout the show! They are online right now, but I have not looked at them so I can’t wait!

14. After meeting the host (it was a girl and I cannot remember her name) we then went through a quick run through on the stage of each of our songs and then we went backstage to sit on the sofa and wait for the show to start.

15. The audience was then let in. We could hear them coming in and making noise, but we could not see them, which was kind of un-nerving.

16. I was number 2 to sing and when I walked out there it was the most amazing feeling in the world. I just let it go and had fun with it. I mean, what else could you do? I don’t really remember even what the judges said afterwards, but it was all good. They do a pretty good job of making you feel good about yourself, and there wasn’t a Simon, thank goodness!

17. Well, sadly, but not too sadly, one of the other girls won our competition and got to come back for the 7:00 finale show. She was awesome, so it was all good! Me? I got to be one of 18 people today, because there are six shows with three contestants (out of however many people at the studios that day) that got to appear on the American Idol stage! In all honesty, I don’t think I could have gotten any farther because I am, ahem, cough cough Canadian, and we aren’t allowed to win that golden ticket that let’s you skip the line at a real American Idol audition.

For me, the best part was after leaving the AIE building, after the show, and having people come up to me and saying “great job” and such. That’s the part where it was like, “oh wow, these people saw me on stage and are calling me by my name.” Throughout the rest of the day, people would still come up and say that they enjoyed the show and say how good it was. I guess today, I got to experience what having your 15 minutes of fame feels like. It was really cool, although I don’t think I would want to have all eyes on me all the time. However, it was still and experience I will NEVER forget! Only at Disney!

Well after the show, we all met up and headed over to use our FPs on Toy Story Mania. I have to admit, it is a very cool ride and well worth the wait. However, it is not worth the 120 minute wait that was posted for some parts of the day. The 3D effect is amazing. The way you play the games is awesome! It is a game that you can just pick up and play. I honestly think has a slight edge on the “easier to play” factor than Buzz because you just do the same thing over and over and you don’t have to have perfect aim to rack up your points. Anyone from 4 years old to 99 could sit down and play it and have an awesome time. I know this is the new ride, and I am glad I got to experience it. However, it is not something that I will line up for unless the stand-by wait time is less than 30 minutes or I can get a FP for it. Again, it is an awesome ride, it’s just not worth, to me, standing in line for more than 30 minutes for me. Everyone needs to try it once and make their own opinion!

**continued below**

disneyboy98
04-15-2009, 01:26 AM
We then backtracked through the park and headed over to RRC to use our bonus FP from this morning and on route to that we picked up some FP for TOT. So, we hopped on RRC. Is it me, or is that launch one of the best things ever? Just my opinion!

We then headed over to Indian Jones. Because of the rain they could only do the first part of the show that can be done under the protection of the stage. They could not do the “plane scene.” It was ok though because it was still cool to watch. We then headed over to TGMR and took a classic ride on that. One pet peeve, again I don’t like to complain, could they please retouch the ending movie. They can update, but I am talking about cleaning up the crackling and stuff on the screen. Come on Disney, you are trying to lead the digital age, clean up the clarity of that movie! Sorry, I’ll get off my soapbox now!

After that, we then headed over to use our FP for TOT. We used a baby swap for this so we got to go again, which was awesome! Love those drops!!

Then, we went back and used our FPs for Toy Story Mania. Dad and mom did not want to go again, so they kept Chloe. Beckie, Kevin and I went and used our round of FPs and then Kevin and I got used mom and dad's. So, today, I got to ride Toy story Mania three times! That was very cool!

We then decided that we had done enough of the Studios for today and ended off our day over at Epcot for EMH. We also used it as an opportunity to kind of snack around the world for our supper. It was really tasty and we got full really fast. Of course, Chloe, as we passed through Mexico pointed at the entrance to the pavilion and said “Donald, Boat” (that’s her subtle hint) so we hopped on the boat ride to go find Donald again. The funniest part though is when you get into the scene that kind of remind you of IASW (with all the dolls), that’s exactly what Chloe says, “Small World”. She is really starting to get the hang of this place and we are starting to notice that she is remembering things now and making comparisons…..it’s getting scary how fast she is growing!

We then headed over and did a quick ride on MS before heading back to the Swan to end the day off by climbing into our beds. It was an awesome day (one I know I will not forget) and I still have four days left, which is great!

Tomorrow, we have and ADR over at Chef Mickey’s for breakfast and then the tentative plan is to go and complete the rest of the stuff we did not get to do at the AK and then end of the day off at the Studios because it is EMH and we want to take Chloe to the Playhouse Disney Dance Party. Again, that’s a tentative plan because, as most of us know, when you are at Disney anything can happen!

Have an awesome Disney day!

To see today’s pics, please click here (http://picasaweb.google.com/brettyoung8864/TuesdayApril14th2009#)!

deedeenmickey
04-15-2009, 07:22 AM
That is amazing! Congratulations! I have been looking at your post each day and it sounds like ya'll are having an awesome vacation. It is so wonderful that your family is making those memories together. I love the AIE stories!!! Children grow up so fast ENJOY!!!

yjgirl32
04-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Good report- as always. I agree that initial blast on RNRC is awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. Congrats for the AIE.

castlelady36
04-15-2009, 09:13 AM
I just love your reports!! And congrats on the AIE!!!

jodijo
04-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Wow, what an awesome day!

Keep the great reports coming.

DizNee143
04-15-2009, 09:47 AM
what an incerdibily awesome day!! that is so cool you were able to have this experience...sounds like a great day over all!!! :mickey:

SBETigg
04-15-2009, 10:02 AM
What a cool day! How incredible that you got to have the full AI experience! So fun! Chloe is getting to be a real Disney expert. :thumbsup:

KylesMom
04-15-2009, 11:31 AM
WOW - what a great experience for you at AI, Brett! Sounds like it's a pretty big production. That took some guts, my friend! :thumbsup:

We feel the same way about TSM - it's a great attraction, but there's no way it's worth a 90+ minute wait. Glad you were able to experience it a few different times today, though!

Looking forward to your report on Chloe's reaction to Chef Mickey's! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
04-15-2009, 04:51 PM
:thumbsup::mickey:

dtootsie42
04-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Wow, what a terrific day! Many congrats on AIE! Looking forward to the next report :mickey:

Bethis26fan
04-15-2009, 09:06 PM
What a wonderful day. Thanks for sharing.

Maryutigger1
04-15-2009, 11:00 PM
First of all~~congratulations on AIE:number1:..VERY impressive to say the least!!!

LOVE the trip report~~looking forward to the continuation of such...Especially love the pic's.

Have a GREAT rest of your WDW vacation!!

Live,Love,Laugh~~
Maryutigger

Next Trip~
4/28-4/30~DH 54th B-Day Celebration SSR&S
10/19-10/23~2 Nights @ BWV,2 Nights @ SSR&S

MOJoe
04-16-2009, 04:11 PM
I have loved reading all your reports, but WOW, getting through to perform on AIE! How cool is that! Congrats, and looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.

faline
04-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Wow! What great memories this day produced!

sleepingbooty
04-17-2009, 06:24 PM
You go, Brett! How awesome that you got to do Idol! You must be quite a singer:thumbsup:

RocknBev
04-18-2009, 09:38 AM
What a wonderful experience for you!
You have helped me determine what to give my niece for her graduation gift. She won the NC state fine art competition in vocal solo so why not take her to the AIE for an opportunity of a lifetime?

Thanks for the report! I would have loved to have been there....especially after reading your reports for years....I would have definitely voted for YOU!

TheVBs
04-18-2009, 02:03 PM
I LOVED reading about AIE! Congratulations! I dearly wish I could sing. It sounds like you will never forget this trip. :mickey:

pdrlkr
04-26-2009, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: