PDA

View Full Version : The Wave?

Leighler
04-14-2009, 02:43 PM
I haven't seen much about The Wave at the Contemporary. I have heard a few good things about it but would love to hear from people who have eaten there- loved it/hated it? I haven't seen enough positive about it to be convinced to use one of my 7 TS credits for it but it does look like a neat place.

pox24
04-14-2009, 02:54 PM
We ate there last year was disappointed. My wife normally isn't picky but she left most of her pork tenderloin on the plate. My filet was under cooked and tiny. I had celery infused mashed potatoes which were gross. I hate giving any bad reviews at WDW, but this place, unless they made some dramatic improvements won't be visited by us again.:ack:

hel5165
04-14-2009, 03:38 PM
We ate there last year. I had the beef tenderloin which was very good but you can get a good steak just about anywhere on Disney property. The one thing I didn't like was that there are no windows so it's very dark; I felt like I was in the basement. I don't think it would be worth going back to.

Maleficent_vf
04-14-2009, 03:52 PM
We were there in March and had the pork tenderloin and the beef tenderloin. Both were very good and cooked to our liking. The celery mashed potatoes were unexpected but tasty as were the roasted vegs. that came with the pork. We were disappointed with the desserts as all except the sorbet had nuts and nuts allergies are a problem. Since dessert was included we had the sorbet, but given the chance for a re-do, we'd probably skip it. The theming is kind of lacking - I was expecting a strong water theme, but aside from the lounge there's no hint of water or waves.

Overall, I was nervous about dining there because after making our ADRs I'd only seen bad or so-so reviews, but I have to say we were pleasantly surprised by our entrees. Seems as though we're in the minority, so I guess everyone has different tastes.

Don't know if we'd go back...we tend to move around and try different things. This trip the Wave was one of those new things. Hope this helps. :)

Disney Crazy
04-14-2009, 04:29 PM
We ate there last year in early June. I have to say that we were not impressed!:( Overall the food wasn't great, the prices were way too high for what you got and the overall feel of the place was lacking something. We are not typically a picky family but this was just an overall bad expereince. We are headed back in late May and will not be returning to the Wave! :ack:

Hull-onian
04-14-2009, 04:30 PM
My niece and nephew ate there in October and really liked it!!!:thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
04-14-2009, 05:50 PM
I have to say the due to previous postings about this restaurant, my wife and I hesitated eating there. However, on our last trip, we decided to give it a try, and we were very pleasantly surprised. The service was very good, and we enjoyed the food a lot. I can't say that we'll go there to eat every trip, but I would not hesitate to return or to recommend it to others thinking about it.

LandFan
04-14-2009, 08:33 PM
The theming is pretty boring. The entrance and bar are nice but the dining room is blah. The food is kind of blah too. The chicken pot pie was awful (and two different people had it). The sustainable fish of the day was just OK. The lamb shank was pretty good. The best part was dessert. I would go back for dessert and coffee but that is about it.

Guinness
04-14-2009, 08:35 PM
I thought that while there were some things that could have been implemented a little better the meals that we had there were on the good side. We went for a breakfast and a dinner and enjoyed both. I thought that the desserts could have been better, but they weren't too bad. I do plan on returning in the future.