04-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Cast of Characters:

Me: Julie
DH Fred
DD#1 Morgan (8)
DD#2 Madison (7)

Resort:POFQ
March 21-28

It's our last full day in the parks...always so sad to me! It's been a great trip, and we meet our friends at the bus stop at 8:30am for a full-out Magic Kingdom and Epcot highlights kind of day!
Weather is perfect...bright blue sky, low 80's. We hit the ground running... take the train right from Main Street over to Frontierland and do a few rounds of Splash and Big Thunder before any crowds starting over this way. It is the girls favorite, and I was a little sad when we were finished riding on these attractions. I think we did three times on each ride (Fred and I wore ponchos... good reason why we could do this so many times). Morgan and Madison's all time favorite memories of Disney are of these attractions. Our first family trip in 2005 when they were 3 & 4 years old riding on these big rides!
From Frontierland we did another round of the Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, and Mickey's Philharmagic, the rest of Fantasyland was crowded!! Grabbed some fast passes for Space Mountain, and enjoyed some Comedy at Monster's Inc. This is a good addition to tomorrowland! It's around 11:30 now and the park is getting crowded, so we decide to eat at the Launchpad(?). Great food! Fred enjoyed the ribs, I had grilled chicken, and the kids had burgers. All was excellent and we got a nice table in the Sonny Eclipse lounge. Beat the crowds which was good. After lunch the girls really wanted to ride on the Indy speedway, we haven't done this in a while because the wait is so long, but we gave in. 30 minutes. Morgan could drive herself, so I got a car behind hers. The girls enjoyed this. They also went on the Teacups. I pulled a fast one on M&M. I waited in line with them, put them on the ride, and waved and ran over to the exit. No teacups for me!! The girls enjoyed their ride. Over to the TTA... where I enjoyed three lovely rides on this peaceful fun ride! A nice rest for me.
It was time for our fastpasses on Space, one last time on this ride. The wait for stand-alone was now 90 minutes.
Sadly, we make our way to Main Street. Stop in the Rose Garden for a few pictures, and make one more stop in a shop. I got a new baseball hat and towel, as we make our way out of the park I get teary. The Main Street band is playing some great American tunes. I just love being in the Magic Kingdom. The sights, sounds, and the beauty of the castle. I take it all in for the last time of this trip.
We hit the monorail for our trip over to Epcot. We get to ride in the front car. Never have done this before. It is awesome and a great view of everything. I love how the monorail circles Epcot and you get a great view of everything.
The girls want to do Soarin' for a last time and Test Track. We fast pass Soarin' and do stand alone for Test Track. After enjoying Test Track it is time to head over to Teppan Edo for our reservation! Party of 9! This was a great, fun meal for everyone. The food was delicious, and enjoyed by all!! We have never taken our girls to Hibachi style dining. They thought it was great!!
We again strolled through the world showcase as a group, hitting China, all of the girls got pretty umbrellas, the Malestrom, Mexico did the boat ride and had some :marg:.
It was a little early for illuminations, so we decided that we have never done Spaceship Earth with the girls, as it was closed during our last two trips, that we would check it out. We all enjoyed it. The new enhancements were great. We spent some time doing the interactive stuff as well. The girls really enjoyed it. They didn't think there was an attraction in there. We walked back over to the world showcase and tonight it was crowded in Epcot due to the Extra Magic Hours. The crowds were heavy! Found a good spot, and enjoyed the show. It's our last night in Florida.
We make our way out of the park, and the girls are working Fred to go into the pool when we return to the resort. The lines weren't too bad at the bus "terminal" as it was EMH.
I am sad to leave the parks.
Once back at the resort, we all made it over to the pool and had some fun over there. We don't have to be out of our room until 11am so I will pack up in the morning.
It was a wonderful day.
Final thoughts to come.
Julie:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-14-2009, 02:36 PM
I've really enjoyed your trip reports! Sounds like you had another great day!

The last day is always hard, isn't it?

BluewaterBrad
04-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Always sad on the last day!! I have enjoyed all Your reports Julie!!:mickey:

faline
04-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Julie, thanks so much for your reports! That last day is always so bittersweet! You certainly made the best of it!

vizsla
04-15-2009, 05:28 AM
Thanks for the report.

yjgirl32
04-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Great report- thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
04-15-2009, 09:09 AM
what a great last day in the parks!! :mickey:

Hull-onian
04-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Last day sounded like a good day:thumbsup: