PDA

View Full Version : Crowds for September

Stich8818
04-14-2009, 12:06 PM
I know this question has been asked before but...How are the crowd levels for September. We have been going late in the year.Granted Sept is still kind of late but earlier then when we usually go.

So I guess what I am asking is

* How are the crowds?

* Is it still very hot?

* Do we take the risk of hurricanes?

I think the week we would be going would be like the 3 week of September?.

Any help would be great..

marlaine
04-14-2009, 12:20 PM
This is our 4th year in a row to go in Sept. The first 3 years we went Labor Day Monday and left on Friday. This year we're going the 3rd week of Sept.
I must tell you--the crowd level is NONE! We were never in any lines for more than 10 minutes at each park! It's PERFECT!!!
Last year we rode Splash Mountain 5 times in a row with no wait. We also did Tower of Terror 2 times in a row and Kali River Rapids 3 times.
It was very hot and humid all 3 years. Perfect for an end of the year summer vacation!
Last year, we worried a little about hurricanes-the week before we went, they had to close the parks for a day. But it was all clear for our week. After all, you can always reschedule in case a hurricane is forcast for your time.
Have a wonderful time! I'm sure you'll love it!:thumbsup:

Duchess99
04-14-2009, 02:24 PM
This is our 4th year in a row to go in Sept. The first 3 years we went Labor Day Monday and left on Friday. This year we're going the 3rd week of Sept.
I must tell you--the crowd level is NONE! We were never in any lines for more than 10 minutes at each park! It's PERFECT!!!
Last year we rode Splash Mountain 5 times in a row with no wait. We also did Tower of Terror 2 times in a row and Kali River Rapids 3 times.
It was very hot and humid all 3 years. Perfect for an end of the year summer vacation!
Last year, we worried a little about hurricanes-the week before we went, they had to close the parks for a day. But it was all clear for our week. After all, you can always reschedule in case a hurricane is forcast for your time.
Have a wonderful time! I'm sure you'll love it!:thumbsup:

That's great to hear :)
I'm going down for my honeymoon the last week in September...can't wait!!!

dephenn
04-14-2009, 02:28 PM
I would have to agree. We went four years ago in Sept. and never used our fast passes. At one point I counted 5 empty log boats go down splash mountain in a row, during the after noon. Since then we have gone in June, November, October, and none can compare to the enjoyment of Sept. when it come to going on the rides and moving through the parks. Next trip is scheduled for Jan. and we are hoping that the crowds will be like Sept, both are value seasons. You'll probably get a rain/thunder storm every day, but they pass quickly, three times through it's a small world should service.

pattigmiller
04-14-2009, 02:32 PM
September is a wonderful month to travel to WDW! The crowds are light... often called a preschool season due to most children being in school during this month and not at WDW.

It is HOT during September but the lighter crowds make it more pleasant. You spend time MOVING in line instead of STANDING in line!

You also have the free dining option in September which makes everyone happy!

Hurricanes are a concern but WDW tries their best to be flexible and assist you with reservation changes due to hurricanes. If you are VERY concerned, consider vacation insurance to give you peace of mind.:mickey:

jakeofwildwood
04-14-2009, 03:53 PM
This is the first time we are going in September. Our previous trips were always October and December. My biggest worry will be the free dining plan. I wonder, in September, how many folk will take advantage of the savings and go? :confused:

MickeyandTink
04-15-2009, 11:34 PM
This is the first time we are going in September. Our previous trips were always October and December. My biggest worry will be the free dining plan. I wonder, in September, how many folk will take advantage of the savings and go? :confused:

This will be our third year in a row to go during Free Dining. A lot of folks do take advanatage of it, which means it can get very crowded in the restaurants and difficult to get good ADR's. However, the parks themselves are pretty light during the week (but can get a bit crowded on the weekends with the influx of local traffic). Overall, we think it's a great time to go.

yjgirl32
04-16-2009, 08:33 AM
This is wonderful to hear- we are going for the first time in Sept. I was very nervous at first but i'm sure we will be fine. Thanks for all the great replies.

Going2HeavenRU
04-16-2009, 06:53 PM
we went in September last year to take advantage of the free dining. The walkways seemed to be really conjested but the rides didn't have long lines. The weather was beautiful as well. Luckily the hurricane heading for Orlando headed to the Gulf!

TiggerD
04-16-2009, 07:04 PM
We have gone in September and other times of the year to WDW and we love September the best. The crowds are thinner, it is still very warm but we split our times in the park go early morning, go to pool for the afternoon, and then back to one of the parks at night. We are going from the 10-19th of Sept, this year and we cannot wait.:mickey: