PDA

View Full Version : Which value resort is the best?

Minniefan68
04-14-2009, 11:24 AM
So due to finances, our stay at Wilderness Lodge this fall may have to change to a value resort.

Which is the best? Meaning, least noisy, least crowded, best food court, best pool etc..

Many thanks for your input.

disneymom15
04-14-2009, 11:30 AM
We've done all 4 values. Our favorite is POP, 2nd choice would be Movies, and 3rd and 4th choice would be a toss up.

Strmchsr
04-14-2009, 11:37 AM
I've stayed at all of them at not really noticed a difference. I think it terms of noise levels it depends more on where your room is than the resort itself (i.e. facing a pool or, like at All-Star Sports facing a major kid play area like the football field). All of them are nice and you won't go wrong no matter what. Just pick your favorite themeing.

DANAM
04-14-2009, 11:37 AM
We love POP but we stayed at a newly remodeled prefered room at Music and it was very nice as well. We have also stayed at Movie and were not impressed. If you decided on an All Star make sure you get a prefered room. I feel like the other rooms are way to far from the bus stops and food court.

Any room at the POP is okay. We always stay in the '80 close to century Hall. This hotel has a better layout than the All Star's in my opinion.

Wrigley
04-14-2009, 01:52 PM
The only value we have stayed at is POP and we really enjoyed our stay. We did do a preferred room simply because I was 5 months pregnant and it was July-I figured I was going to be walking enough in extremely hot weather! The room was clean, the food court was excellent, and the pools were nice as well. The only thing we didn't like was the busy bus stops-but with that many people staying at the resort it's bound to happen! We would definately stay here again!

wire0monkey
04-14-2009, 01:59 PM
I've stayed at ASM and Pop, and I prefer Pop because it has a more central location. We have a car while we're they're and it's a little easier to get around from Pop.

brownie
04-14-2009, 03:35 PM
The only we've stayed at is All-Star Movies. I'd like to give Pop Century a try.

hel5165
04-14-2009, 03:44 PM
We've stayed at all the value resorts. We prefer PoP because it's so much larger. The housekeeping is great at all of them. The restaurant at PoP is much larger but then so are the crowds. I don't think you'll be disappointed no matter which you choose.

Mousemates
04-14-2009, 04:18 PM
1st 1a. Pop
1b. Movies
2nd Music
3rd Sports

BluewaterBrad
04-14-2009, 04:48 PM
We have stayed at them all also. I think all are just fine. Honestly, I like sports the best. Just my opinion.:mickey:

TheVBs
04-14-2009, 04:57 PM
We've only stayed at ASMu and have had great experiences there. The rooms are nice, the staff is friendly. The food court is nice, but when it's busy - it's BUSY! The bus lines can get busy too, but mostly we've had no problems.

Hull-onian
04-14-2009, 06:04 PM
We have stayed at them all also. I think all are just fine. Honestly, I like sports the best. Just my opinion.:mickey:

:ditto: Sports does it for me, any day of the week.

Disnamic Duo
04-15-2009, 08:35 AM
We've stayed at POP & ASMu. We preferred ASMu. We liked POP, but I think the grounds and theming are nicer at ASMu. POP is very *bright*.

E-OR
04-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Our family has stayed at all the values. We were the most dissapointed with POP. The place was huge and the food court was always crowded. We really like ASmovies and Music. My boys like Sports-but I think that that is because it was our first resort we ever stayed at and they are a bit sentimental towards it.

1. ASmovies
2. ASmusic
3. ASsports
4. POP

megustamex
04-17-2009, 03:06 PM
We've stayed at all 4 as well. Pop is our least favorite - it just doesn't seem to have the pure Disney themes that our favorites, Movies and Music, have. Sports would be our 3rd choice. I'd go with Movies or Music and request a room in the back if you want quiet. The rooms around the pools and close to the food court are always the noisiest. Music has been recently rehabbed and the rooms were nice. Movies has the best food court. We like all the pools at the All-Stars.

Dopey's Girl
04-17-2009, 03:16 PM
The 4 resorts are pretty similar. The rooms are all pretty standard. I like Pop best because it doesn't share buses. I did stay at Sports in December, and I wasn't impressed. It felt kinda dated to me, but I wasn't there for much more than a bed to crash in, so it all worked out just fine.

Good luck choosing!

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
04-17-2009, 04:01 PM
It always amazes me, whenever someone asks a question about preference, the variety of answers you get- for instance, some people love POP way more than the All Stars, while others put POP at the bottom of their list. I guess thats why WDW has so many options to choose from! There's something for everyone.

I can't give you much info comparing all of the values since I've only stayed at ASMu and ASMo, and ASMu was 14 yrs ago so I don't remember too many details about that location. However, we've always liked ASMo, and my kids loved it! (Except the Mighty Ducks buildings- I have girls, and on our first stay here, when they were 8, we were in one of these buildings and they were afaid of the giant duck hockey mask.) It seems to me to have more Disney theming than the others, what with the icons and pictures from Disney movies everywhere. If you decide to stay at ASMo I would recommend one of the Toy Story buildings. Its very whimsical, and quieter than other locations. My daughters loved the 101 Dalmatians buildings.

TheMartellFamily
04-18-2009, 05:46 PM
POP is our first choice. It is a great place to stay. Our favorite in our family.

Daisy'sMom
04-19-2009, 09:13 AM
We have stayed at all of them. The only one we refuse to go back to is Music. Of course, that was before the refurb. Our favorite is POP, can't give you a real reason. We have always liked the others, but POP just gives us a great time everytime.:mickey:

kakn7294
04-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Well, I think they are all crowded and noisy but my choice is by far Pop Century. We LOVED it and that's coming from someone who never wanted to stay at a value resort again. For some reason, this resort actually seemed a step above a value to us, even though it has the same-sized rooms, the same single bus stop, the same type of food court and the same ammenities (or lack thereof, depending on your point of view). I do think the food court is the best on property and we loved the frozen cokes - refillable mugs anyone?