PDA

View Full Version : Have you stayed at POR lately? How was it???

tinkerddeedee
04-14-2009, 07:38 AM
I read in another post that they weren't happy with the mouskeeping and I was wondering if this was a trend over there :nono:
Other than that, how was your stay?
We're leaving in 25 days and I am BESIDE myself! :yay: My babies :trio: are talking about it ALMOST as much as me! Of course I'm not looking forward to driving down from NY :car: with a 3 year old, but that's what DH wants to do!!!:geek2:

:balloon:

dephenn
04-14-2009, 09:02 AM
We stayed there about 4 years ago and I remember the first night we were there I stepped on a piece glass from a broken mirror from the previous guess. Our two kids didn't want to get off the beds with out any thing on their feet and we wouldn't let them. The cut wasn't bad but, if House Keeping had done better the whole thing could have been avoided. The worst part was I had to fight with them to change our room. That was the first night and once we got moved the rest of the trip was very nice and the room was cleaned daily. Not sure how well they vacuumed every day as we never broke anything and don't live or vacation like out of control slobs.

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
04-14-2009, 09:34 AM
I've stayed at POR twice and at POFQ once, and we've never had a problem. The rooms were always clean and I never noticed any difference between these resorts and any others.

cheeky monkey
04-14-2009, 09:43 AM
We just got back on Saturday. We had no problems. Room was clean and housekeeping was very prompt when we needed things like extra towels and bed rails.

2lilboys
04-14-2009, 10:15 AM
We were there last August during Tropical Storm Fay and also free dining and had some problems with mousekeeping. :( We were staying in the Alligator Bayou section. Our room was not cleaned for several days, but once I addressed the issue with the front desk, it was resolved and we had no further problems.

My parents were staying in the same building as us and had no problems. Their room was cleaned each day and they got towel animals. My sister and her family and my brother and his family were in another building in Alligator Bayou at the same time and also experienced absolutely no problems.

Overall, we loved the resort and will go back in the future. It is beautifully landscaped, we loved the quiet pool that was close to our building, and thought the food court was great.

#1donaldfan
04-14-2009, 11:59 AM
....we've never had a problem with mousekeeping ever, at POR....!!!

...we just got back in Jan, and all was well.....we plan on being back in 60 days, so I hope (I'm sure) the trend will remain the same.:mickey:

missymouseworld
04-14-2009, 12:39 PM
We just got back on Sunday from a week stay (4/5-4/11) at the POR. This was our 3rd time that we stayed there and we also drove down from NJ.

We stayed in building 16, and paid for a water view of the pool. We requested (a week in advance)18 or 27 with a view of the lake, but didn't get it. We were OK with that because the South Bus Depot wasn't a far walk.

The room was clean and the mousekeeper made my children towel animals almost everyday and they were excited to see what was coming up next....she made a turtle, a easter basket with a rabbit, a teddy bear and 3 ducks in a pond. (A quick question to anyone out there who might know....are you suppose to leave them when you checkout or are they for you to take?)

I did happen to notice that the inside of the room was kept clean, but I think it is time for a spiffying up....it is getting a little drab. Maybe it is just us and it is because we have been staying there for the past 6 years....but they could do with a redecorating.

The outside and grounds were beautiful as usual. We enjoyed walking around the lake and they redid the children's playground area by the main pool and my 6 year old enjoyed that. However, we went there early evening around 8pm and they don't have any lighting at all...they could use a little lighting so the children could see on the equipment.

The food court was good and we never could complain about the meals.

Have a ADR at Boatwrights, it was OK, I wouldn't say I would have to go back again...I miss them serving breakfast though.

If you arrive before normal checkin time and they give you a card to call after 3pm for room assignments, call right away....we did and our room was ready by 11:30am.

I think you will be happy with the resort.

Have a nice trip.

georger
04-14-2009, 01:33 PM
We stayed there last September during free dining. It is a beautiful location! We did the carriage ride one night and had a great time! I would stay there again. The only complaint we had was the bus service. When we left the parks at closing the lines for the buses were terrible! I often saw numerous Pop century buses passing us by as we continued the long wait with 2 very tired grumpy children! For the price difference I think the bus service there should be better. This August we opted for Pop again since we don't need the extra space (only 4 in our party) this year!

rkwctw
04-14-2009, 08:39 PM
We have never had a problem and will be there again in June. I think if there would be a problem I would call the front desk to get the issue resolved.

tinkerddeedee
04-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Thank you guys! I love love love hearing about this resort. It is our first time at POR, first time on property for that matter! :woohoo:
:tink:

tjstrike
04-15-2009, 02:00 AM
We stayed there a few years back, the only complaint we had was the room was too small for 5 people. Mouse keeping was very good though.

tinkerddeedee
04-15-2009, 09:07 AM
We stayed there a few years back, the only complaint we had was the room was too small for 5 people. Mouse keeping was very good though.

We sort of have 4.5 people ;). My 3 year old is pretty small, so hopefully she won't take up too much space! I am worried about the double beds though. My DH and I are used to a king! Oh well, are they comfortable at least???