PDA

View Full Version : In Disney Right Now, April 13th, 2009, 11:59 pm

disneyboy98
04-14-2009, 12:22 AM
Well, we are back in the room again after another busy day (although only a few pics) here at WDW.

The day started with Beckie, Kevin, and I, getting up early this morning to get to the MK for our 8:30 am Keys to the Kingdom Tour. This was mine and Beckie’s second time doing the tour and Kevin’s first. Now, if you have done the tour before, awesome! If you have not done the tour before, and don’t want to know about all the “behind the scenes” stuff, don’t worry! I am not going to get into much detail as Brick, our AWESOME tour guide told us today, “don’t go running out and posting everything that you have seen today.” I totally agree with him!

I will tell you the highlights though:

1. Went on the Jungle Cruise (just the tour group to the boat)
2. Went to see the parade floats
3. Got to see behind Splash Mountain
4. Talked about the stages of guest service for Disney expectations
5. Columbia Harbor House for Lunch where we had a really good conversation with Brick about his 19 years with the Disney Company
6. Went on the Haunted Mansion
7. Went through the utilidors and got to see the really long tunnel right under Main Street

There were a few other things, but those were the main ones. The one thing that I really appreciated about taking the tour again was to just get a refresher on what it takes to make a place like WDW (especially the MK) run! All the little details that one may take for granted is all mentioned and while some may think that a tour like this might “ruin” the magic for them, for me, it just made me appreciate it that much more. From the design of the rides (and the care that goes into them) to the art of customer service that Disney prides itself on, I think for many people, this would definitely be a tour for you to try out. Again, you do go “backstage” and that’s just what it is and there is a reason that you don’t see it. You have to think about it like you are watching a play. You have the stage part, which is the stuff we see all the time. Then, you have the stuff that is just offstage that you can’t see but still makes everything that is on the stage run smoothly.

After the tour, we then headed back to the Swan to relax for a bit until it was time for our ADR at Boma. This is one of our favorites and tonight, it did not disappoint! It was wonderful as always. Yes, it is a unique place to eat with many kinds of “different” options, but you can always find something you like. If you can’t, load up on the desserts. The pastry chef actually said to all of us in line, “TRY EVERYTHING!” and that is how he emphasized it! I found it really cool that he was so confident in everything that he was serving that that is what everyone did….they tried it all!

After eating ourselves silly, we then headed outback to see the animals for a bit and then headed over to the AK for EMH. While we were there we hit the following attractions:

1. Kilimanjaro Safaris: We laughed, and so did the tour guide that there were hardly any, and we do mean that, animals out (it was about 10 minutes before the attraction closed so I don’t blame the animals for heading in for the night). We did, however, get to see the hippos out of the water (all of them), we saw the Lion up close and personal, and we also saw the illusive cheetahs that sometimes are very hard to spot. In fact, we actually saw three of them running around, which was very cool!
2. Expedition Everest: There was a 25 minute wait (which was really 15) and we also got a baby swap pass that we used as well. Now, the rumors are true that the Yeti is not moving because of his structure in the mountain, blah blah blah! Tonight, even though he wasn’t moving, they sure did make him look like he was moving! The position they have him in is the one where it looks like he is reaching right for you, the strobe lights are hitting him, and the wind machine that makes his fur move, definitely gives you the illusion that he is still reaching right for you and is going to grab you right from your car. I hope they can get him moving again soon, but it is still an awesome ride in my books
3. FOTLK: Caught the 9:00 pm show and it was awesome, as always!
4. Dinosaur: Still as bumpy as ever and it was great (it said a 10 minute wait and we walked right on)
5. Triceratops Spin: Chloe called it “Dumbo” and we laughed. She went on it twice and loved it!
6. Primevil Whirl: Dad, Beckie, and I rode it! I really like the ride but why does it have to throw you around so much? My ribs still hurt! Ok, no more wining!
7. We looked around the shops until 11:00 (when the park closed)

We are now back at the room and just getting ready to go to sleep.

Tomorrow, well we are planning to hit the Studios right when it opens in hopes of obtaining that golden FP for Toy Story Mania. I guess we will join in the stampede that we here happens almost daily for these tickets. Oh well, we want to ride it! Also, we would like to catch the American Idol Experience and go and see Playhouse Disney Live Onstage for a certain niece of mine that cannot get enough of Mickey Mouse. Plus, we want to hit the classics like TOT and RRC.

Until tomorrow, have an awesome Disney day!

There are very few pictures today as this morning I was not allowed to take pics of any kind on the tour and, as most know, the AK is quite a dark park at night, so I didn’t get to take many “after dark” pics. I’ll make up for it tomorrow! To see today’s pics, please click here! (http://picasaweb.google.com/brettyoung8864/MondayApril13th2009#)

P.S. Chloe, yesterday, received a stuff Sully and some clothing items from her parents. From her grandparents she received a stuffed Annie from Little Einsteins and a interactive sucker (those ones that move and it is Nemo) and the build-a-dinosaur was also part of her Easter gift. From her uncle Brett she got a sandpail that looks like Nemo, a stuffed Tinkerbell Minnie (Minne dressed up like Tinkerbell) and a stuffed Mike Wazowski (she is Monsters Inc. obsessed as well). She made out like a Bandit. I think she is already up to nine stuffed animals for this trip already and she has five days left!

the other micki
04-14-2009, 12:37 AM
Wow! Keys to the Kingdom Tour and then AK at night! Those are 2 things I haven't done, but would love to do! Glad you had such a fun day! Chloe must be in kiddie heaven with all that Disney merchandise!

Earnhardt321
04-14-2009, 01:10 AM
Hi I think I have caught up on all the trip reports. Not going on line for 4 days almost made me crazy!
Sounds like you are having fun. I look forward to hearing all about it when you get home! Say hi to Chloe for me (and Uncle Lew and Auntie Kathy, Beckie and Kevin to.)

Your pictures are great can't wait to see more!

Sunshine1010
04-14-2009, 03:38 AM
Great reports. Everytime you go on a trip to WDW, I look forward to your trip reports. You are sooooo enthusiastic!

Questions:
-Now that Easter is done...have the crowds lessened?
-Also, what is the weather like?

DizNee143
04-14-2009, 09:48 AM
of course another great day!!
glad you enjoyed the tour again..i wanna be able to take it again one day!! :mickey:

moe513
04-14-2009, 10:18 AM
What is the golden fp at toy story mania??
Thanks

NJGIRL
04-14-2009, 10:25 AM
I love reading your trip reports every year. Thanks for posting them!

moe513
04-14-2009, 01:33 PM
How is the crowd level.
Compare it to the other Easters you,ve been at Disney

KylesMom
04-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Nice job, Brett! I agree, you did two things today that we haven't yet done - Keys tour & AK at night. Sounds like another all-around great day.

Thanks for confirming about the Yeti, too!

Hope you have good luck acquiring your FP for TSM at DHS! :mickey:

P.S. - How are you guys gonna get all of Chloe's stuffed animals HOME?!!! :D

BluewaterBrad
04-14-2009, 03:22 PM
5 more days? Means 5 more great reports! Awesome pix of Pride Rock Brett!:mickey:

Hull-onian
04-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Great report!! Enjoyed reading it!!!

joannep2bc
04-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Brett, you are sincerely, my trip report hero. I have loved reading yours since the day you started contributing to the board. Your niece is sooooo adorable and I can imagine you are a fantasitic uncle. Most of all, I love the photos you take the time to share. To be honest, I spend the longest staring at the food pics.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the great reports. They are the highlight of my day.

dtootsie42
04-14-2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks for another day of great reporting!

Bethis26fan
04-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Sounds like another fun day. My cousin & I are thinking about doing the keys to the kingdom tour this nov when we go.

BriarRose0708
04-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Brick is awesome!!! I had him as my tour guide in June and he is such a fountain of knowledge. Glad to hear you all enjoyed the day and Animal Kingdom at night.

faline
04-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Someday, I will get to evenig extra magic hours at Animal Kingdo! Terrific day!

sleepingbooty
04-17-2009, 06:20 PM
How cool that you've gotten to do that tour twice! I wonder if you heard a lot of different things the second time around, or if it was essentially the same tour?

pdrlkr
04-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: