PDA

View Full Version : Concierge Folks inside please....

javamama
04-13-2009, 06:43 PM
here's my questions
So we stay at the Poly in Tonga so were away from the main building, so we have the the small lounge upstairs which I really love. I sent them a request for some small things to have in our room, mind you we're in the most expensive building there. I asked for a few cans of root beer, some powerade, diet sprite, and a trial size of dish soap to wash sippy cups. The drinks are all Coke products, and the dish soap the maids have I got one last year they want to charge me for this stuff:mad:
Mind you we have two fridges in the room that already have tons of drinks in them...I really don't think I'm asking alot here am I? Last year I needed plain soy milk for my dd, they got us an entire case of it. I just don't understand how they can stock the stuff, but now I need to pay for it all or walk to Hawaii and take what I want. My parents are really upset after paying almost 15k for the trip w/out the DDP we pay for that for them and a few simple things they nickel and dime you for:mad:

PixieMagic
04-13-2009, 07:43 PM
I'm sorry you had a bad experience! :( We've never stayed in Tonga but in Hawaii we've had nothing but good experiences...I wonder if it has something to do with cut backs or if you simply had a crabby CM that day? Either way I'm sorry!

Catzle
04-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Did you contact the manager while you were there. We stayed in the Hawaii building last year and a lot of things we were used to never happened. My husband spoke to the manager and he was glad we brought it to his attention because those little things we had come to love were still suppose to be happening. He made everything better and he was very glad we spoke to him and sorry for what happened. That's what makes for a great manager!

javamama
04-13-2009, 10:10 PM
We don't leave until the 27th, I was just giving a heads up.

TammiMcMan
04-13-2009, 11:00 PM
I've asked for things to be there prior to arrival and have always given them my credit card info. Sometimes we've been charged, other times it's been complimentary. (For what it's worth, pre-stocking is available in any deluxe resort that we've stayed in, regardless of being on the club level).

Because it's a convenience to you that it's done prior to arrival or saves you from walking, then I'm sorry but I would expect to be charged. If you want to wait and ask upon arrival, maybe it will be done for free. I think private dining charges, while a runner doing it from the concierge staff would be complimentary.

If you are going to talk to management, perhaps a suggestion would be to send out a "grocery" list of available items that could be stocked ahead of time. If they are already putting certain brands of complimentary drinks in the fridge, it would seem to make sense that the guest could select from a list, the items that they prefer. For example, maybe someone would like to have all bottled Dasani water, as opposed to a mix of Coke & Diet Coke.

LoriR
04-19-2009, 11:59 AM
How can you prestock at a deluxe? I never knew you could do this. We have always ordered stuff from Garden Grocer. What can you request to have in your refrigerator? You said this is not just a service for concierge guests? I am a little confused. I know turndown service is also supposed to be available, but even when I have requested it, it almost never happens!

TammiMcMan
04-19-2009, 12:23 PM
How can you prestock at a deluxe? I never knew you could do this. We have always ordered stuff from Garden Grocer. What can you request to have in your refrigerator? You said this is not just a service for concierge guests? I am a little confused.You just go through private dining. Your choices would be whatever they typically stock (i.e. Dasani bottled water, coke products, etc.). Between the limited choices and room service prices, you might be better off using a grocery delivery service.

I have heard of club level CM's going out of their way though to get non-stocked items like Vanilla Coke. Sometimes they'll charge for it on the club level, sometimes they don't.

I know turndown service is also supposed to be available, but even when I have requested it, it almost never happens!Are you saying it doesn't happen on the club level? That's not good. It's supposed to be an amenity on that floor, while it's only a request in the standard rooms (based on housekeepers availability). I think only the GF offers it as an amenity for the entire resort (you don't have to specifically request it there).