PDA

View Full Version : favorite concierge resort on property

tinkerted
04-13-2009, 05:36 PM
please help i can't decide doesnt matter the price please help thanks:confused::confused::confused:

mousefan76
04-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Our favorite concierge on site is the Yacht club. We have stayed there on club level 3 times now and just love it. We usually go 2 or 3 times a year and going this often gives opportunity for them to get to know you and especially on the concierge level where they put special effort toward making you feel at home which is something they do really well at the Yacht club in general.

The Yacht club has always been our favorite since we honeymooned there so naturally when we were ready to go concierge we stayed at the Yacht Club. It location to the boardwalk and walking distance to the back gate of Epcot and a boats ride to HS is a big plus. Try it and see. We like it and so do our DS7 and DS5.

PixieMagic
04-13-2009, 07:44 PM
As you can tell, we're partial to Poly....ha ha - PM me with any questions you have! BTW - the concierge lounge in Hawaii is great and has huge windows overlooking MK....just a fantastic way to start the day :cloud9:

Ed
04-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Animal Kingdom Lodge. :thumbsup:

We stayed on the concierge level before the DVC conversion began, and it was great! Our hosts/hostesses in the club were the best. They took great care of us, and worked a few miracles to accommodate our wishes. And a perk at AKL is that concierge guests were entitled to go on the Sunrise Safari in the AK park; outstanding experience!

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
04-13-2009, 08:28 PM
We love the Boardwalk,Inn Inkeepers Club. We have stayed there for the last 7yrs. They are all like family and we can't wait to get back next Feb. for our b-day. The lounge is so inviting and the staff is always there to do what ever they can to make your trip evenmore "magical".
And.. instead of chocolates they leave taffy and old fashion postcards on your pillows, for turn down service. We love being able to walk into Epcot and hearing the "friendship boats" whistle. It makes you smile to hear it.
Whatever you choose, you surely won't go wrong. :mickey:

Dawn,Denise&Diane :wave::wave::wave:

mouseketeer mom
04-13-2009, 08:30 PM
The Polynesian. I would move in if I could.

PixieMagic
04-13-2009, 08:42 PM
The Polynesian. I would move in if I could.

Ha ha! ME TOO!!!!! :cloud9:

TammiMcMan
04-13-2009, 11:21 PM
I've stayed at a few in Disney and if price is no object, I'd have to go with the GF main building (just my personal preference though).

Here are some pro's and con's I've found from each, if that helps:

CR ~ 2 levels, Atrium Club and Tower Club. The Tower Club has a small number of rooms on the 14th floor. Most of them are suites and only a few are standard club rooms. Makes for a very intimate and exclusive feeling. The Atrium Club has a choice of MK view rooms and Bay Lake view rooms. Recently (within the past few years), they've completely remodeled and added a full service lounge with balconies that overlook the MK.

BC/YC ~ I'll kind of lump these two together, because they have a lot of similarities. Great pre-planning department (at least in our experience), but teeny, tiny lounges (compared to the other resorts). YC lounge overlooks the parking lot, BC lounge is a little bit smaller than the YC's.

BWI ~ Lounge is on the small side, IMO feels a little more adult oriented. Nice Illuminations view in the evening from the lounge.

AKL ~ With the DVC construction, all the standard club level rooms have been moved down to the 4th floor. This makes lounge access a little less convenient, as you have to go down the hallway and then up in the elevator. 99.9% chance that a standard club level room here will overlook the savannah. Nice open design lounge which overlooks the main lobby. Afternoon tea service, only available here and at the GF. Nice food offerings.

WL ~ Very casual styling. Another resort that underwent renovations and now offers a full service lounge. Seating is available around the balcony which overlooks the lobby.

Poly ~ Very large, open, two level lounge with outstanding views of the castle and Wishes. Private building, drawback is that the 2nd floor rooms don't have a balcony. Pretty good food offerings, especially in the evening.

GF ~ Offers two club levels, Sugar Loaf Lodge and Main Building Royal Palm Club. Sugar Loaf reminds me of a victorian bed & breakfast. The lounge is on the small side and can get crowded. You can't see the castle (although you can see the fireworks from a few rooms) and room views are not guaranteed. There are 3 larger, lodge tower rooms available by request at no additional charge. Main Building club level has a spacious, open lounge that overlooks the main lobby. Late afternoon and evenings, you can look down upon the piano player and GF orchestra. Room views include castle, garden and lagoon, but they are request only. Afternoon tea, champagne and a little more gourmet food offerings.

DawsonAR
04-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Our favorite is the Poly!

ThanxForNoticin
04-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Animal Kingdom Lodge. :thumbsup:

We stayed on the concierge level before the DVC conversion began, and it was great! Our hosts/hostesses in the club were the best. They took great care of us, and worked a few miracles to accommodate our wishes. And a perk at AKL is that concierge guests were entitled to go on the Sunrise Safari in the AK park; outstanding experience!

Ditto. AKL is easily our favorite concierge, especially with the chance to do SS.

DisneyDoug2
04-14-2009, 01:12 PM
We like the WL!

Kerry
04-15-2009, 07:32 PM
I am partial to the BWI myself. We just returned from there last wee with our grandaughter. This was the first time I saw so many families. I will be going again on May 15th for my ladies only trip and then again in Oct for F&W with my husband. The cast members are the best. They go above and beyond to make your saty magical.

I have stayed at most of the club level resorts and just find the Innkeeper's Club more inviting and comfortable.
Good luck with wich ever resort you choose.

javamama
04-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Poly:thumbsup: My room will be ready in almost 8 days:mickey: