PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga room request

Pollack
04-13-2009, 11:59 AM
We are staying at SSR for the first time in May. I put in a request for a room closest to the main pool. Does anyone have any tips on being more specific,I don't want to end up with a view of the parking lot. We've owned DVC for 6 years but never stayed here so we really don't know the set up too well.

sassafras
04-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Don't know about SSR, but am glad to know I'm not the only one who requests not to have a view of the parking lot! I thought maybe I was in the minority or just really weird about that!:blush:

lockedoutlogic
04-13-2009, 12:51 PM
I would request the view outside of any window at Beach Club:mickey:

but seriously....I would try to concentrate on seeing if you can get Congress Park....and don't worry about the view

GAN
04-13-2009, 01:39 PM
I believe that The Springs is closest to the main pool(and Artist's Palette, the main dining area), but Congress Park is only a few minute longer walk. We like Congress Park because it's relatively close to the center of the resort and it's a 5 min walk to DTD. It has its own pool, which is nice because the main pool tends to get quite crowded. My kids are tweens and like the idea of having the pool almost to themselves without a lot of younger children around.

Guinness
04-13-2009, 05:00 PM
I think that there aren't any parking lot views at SSR. The configuration of the buildings allow all of the windows to point somewhere else (as far as I know). Some of them do point at other buildings, but most point out to some sort of water or something kind of nice.

AHOTE
04-14-2009, 12:04 PM
I've always requested a water view room at Congress Park and they have always honored that request. It gives you a great view of DTD. I like it because you can walk to DTD in 15 minutes or it's a short walk to the main pool and the Artist's Pallet as GAN stated. BTW there are some beautiful views of the access roads and parking lots too, no getting away from that.

Maryutigger1
04-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Hi, we've been DVC members since 2005 and our home resort is SSR. We've requested the Congress Park area w/a DTD view~~they've honored our requests EVERYTIME!!! It's really nice to be able to see the "action" of DTD at night. Plus, it's a great location for a wider variety of food locations. NOT trying to make Artist's Palate sound bad~~but, there's a new
restaurant "T-Rex" that is awesome! IF you go there, try the Boneyard Buffet~it's enough for 2.
Then, they also have "Rainforest Cafe" and one of MY favorites~~"Earl Of Sancwich"--lots of selections of not only sandwiches, but salads as well....OH don't forget "Wolfgang Puck"as well...(Sorry, enough about food...) The quiet pool is just that~QUIET!! Where ever you end up, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself!!!

SSR&S 4/28-4/30~DH 54th BD Celebration...!!
Live,Love,Laugh~
Maryutigger

tjstrike
04-15-2009, 12:43 AM
I believe the room number we stayed in last time was 1023 in congress park and it had an awesome view (at night) of DTD. Nice little quiet pool overlooking the lake too !!

peemagg
04-15-2009, 12:49 PM
I have never stayed there yet, but I understand Grandstand also is close to the Main Pool. I think they also have their own themed pool as well. It is also the first section picked up and dropped off at for Disney buses. We've always stayed at Congress Park and have really enjoyed it. The walk to Artists Palette or Downtown Disney was just nice and relaxing.

MinnieMommie
04-18-2009, 07:51 AM
The Springs is closest to the main pool and the Carriage House. As OPs have mentioned Congress Park is a nice place to stay. They have their own pool and hot tub and are a close walk to DD. If you want a DD view you should request this specifically in addition to requesting Congress.

Grandstand is a hop, skip and Jump from the main area. It has it's own pool and hot tub and the pool area also has a food and drink area with a refillable mug station. Grandstand is also very close to the boat area where you can hitch a ride to DD. The bus stop at Grandstand is the first stop so you will always be able to get a seat if you get on at Grandstand. :mickey: