PDA

View Full Version : Wicked!!!

Boojum
04-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Took my family to see "Wicked" in Birmingham yesterday afternoon. Completely impressive! Marcie Dodd as Elphaba and Helene Yorke as Glinda were wonderful! If the national tour comes anyplace near where you live, I highly recommend going to see it!

Pagan
04-13-2009, 11:11 AM
I've seen it on Broadway three times. Amazing show.

BluegrassDaisy
04-13-2009, 11:18 AM
We saw this in Chicago last summer and the whole family loved it. I My sister saw it recently in Louisville and said it was great there as well. If you get a chance - see it! My daughter gave me the sound track for my birthday last fall and I listen to it all the time.

MNNHFLTX
04-13-2009, 02:58 PM
We saw it last year when the tour came through Houston. I absolutely love this musical!!

kaerbear178
04-14-2009, 12:31 PM
It's here in San Francisco right now, we are planning on seeing it in June when my sister comes to visit. Can't wait!

coloradowendyl
04-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Pre-sale for Denver opened this morning! Bought my tickets right away...now I just have to wait until October!

Wendy

LittleSpirit02
04-14-2009, 04:39 PM
I've been lucky enough to see it on Broadway twice (although I plan to see it again in the future). I would highly recommend it to anyone - even those not big on musicals. The story has a lot of depth, the casting from what I've seen has always been spot on, the choreography is top notch and just the production as a whole (set, effects, lighting) is outstanding.

Pagan
04-15-2009, 12:59 PM
When Elphie rises in the air singing "Defying Gravity" at the end of Act One, if you do not have goosebumps you really need to see a doctor.

It's that moving.

Boojum
04-15-2009, 04:16 PM
When Elphie rises in the air singing "Defying Gravity" at the end of Act One, if you do not have goosebumps you really need to see a doctor.

It's that moving.

You are absolutely right! I had tears running down my face when she hit the last note before the intermission!

handmaidenofprincesses
04-16-2009, 08:31 AM
It's definitely one of my favorite musicals of all-time, and I didn't even like the Wizard of Oz that much!

I will say this though: having seen both the touring version and the on-Broadway version, if you ever get the chance to see it in NYC you absolutely must!! The staging is incredible, and unfortunately it's not something that can be duplicated for the touring company.

Pagan
04-16-2009, 02:05 PM
You are absolutely right! I had tears running down my face when she hit the last note before the intermission!
So did I....now just imagine, a heavily tattooed, heavy metal bass player with jet black hair past his chest standing there with tears in his eyes.

My DW was hysterical. :D

Boojum
04-16-2009, 04:49 PM
So did I....now just imagine, a heavily tattooed, heavy metal bass player with jet black hair past his chest standing there with tears in his eyes.

My DW was hysterical. :D

:party: I am loving this! I would have passed you a Kleenex!

Pagan
04-16-2009, 06:42 PM
:party: I am loving this! I would have passed you a Kleenex!
LOL..thank you! Hope you're in the parks to hand me that Kleenex between May 16th and the 24th when I'm watching "Illuminations" or "Wishes".

Same thing happens. :secret:

kaylamag
04-17-2009, 09:04 PM
I have been dying to see Wicked. Maybe i can talk my hubby into going to NY to see it on broadway this summer.

luvDaMouse
04-17-2009, 09:22 PM
I have to agree, I saw Wicked on Broadway a couple of summers ago and it was amazing! I have the soundtrack and know all the songs by heart. I still get chills when I listen to the cd cause I can picture the defying gravity scene in my head! Also If anyone gets the chance to see Lion King on Broadway it is equally amazing! You forget that there are people behind the masks. I saw Shrek in January and that was pretty good too. If anyone has seen it there is a part where Lord Farquad (not sure of spelling) sings and it is a spoof of Elphie and the defying gravity scene very funny:thumbsup:

2Epcot
04-17-2009, 09:44 PM
I had so many friends talking about how much they enjoyed it, so I took my wife to see it for our anniversary when it was here in Los Angeles. I loved it as well. The show was much better then I had expected. It was great seeing the Wizard of Oz story from another point of view.

LarryBoy
04-21-2009, 10:22 AM
I took my wife to see it last year here in Atlanta, and I loved it almost as much as she did. The touring cast was great.

J9
04-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Word is there will be a Wicked movie in 2010 or 2011.

(This is one of my favorite shows! I've seen it 4 times on Broadway and 3 times in Philly! I could watch it over and over again - and in my opinion it's a much better story than the book. Much happier, and the musical actually has an ending!)

d_m_n_n
04-27-2009, 11:27 PM
:joy: :joy: MY DH JUST GAVE ME AN EARLY MOTHER'S DAY GIFT!!! Tickets to see it in June!!! I am in total shock...I've wanted to see this since I saw it on the Tony Awards how many years ago!?!?! We're going, we're going, we're going!!! :joy: :joy:

kaerbear178
06-25-2009, 08:58 PM
I got to see this a couple weeks ago in San Francisco. The show was amazing! Loved Vicki Noon as Elphaba, I don't think it would be as good without her. I kept waiting for her to sing more. Patty Duke was also in it as Madame Morrible! Definately go if you can, my husband who is not a fan of musicals also loved it.

Earnhardt321
06-26-2009, 06:03 PM
I am going to New York in Aug and was unsure of what shows I should see but thank you all for the reviews of Wicked! I really want to see it now!!!

nicster
06-26-2009, 08:11 PM
We have been waiting for it to come to Sacramento, CA for some time now... Soon I hope, it sounds great!

kaerbear178
06-26-2009, 10:11 PM
We have been waiting for it to come to Sacramento, CA for some time now... Soon I hope, it sounds great!

If you can make it to the one in San Francisco I would, it would be worth the trip! I think it's here through September.

AdventurerKim
06-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Broadway is coming back to New Orleans finally!!! "Wicked" is coming in March/April, and we're definitely going! I can't wait! :)

Melanie
06-27-2009, 02:12 PM
It's coming to Tampa next spring as well. I FINALLY get to see it! :joy:

nicster
06-27-2009, 04:22 PM
If you can make it to the one in San Francisco I would, it would be worth the trip! I think it's here through September.

I am looking at a 2pm showing, I just don't like walking from the parking garage to the theatre at night (a very rough looking scene there in SF).:scared:

kaerbear178
06-27-2009, 05:00 PM
I am looking at a 2pm showing, I just don't like walking from the parking garage to the theatre at night (a very rough looking scene there in SF).:scared:

I would go to the 2 pm if you can as well, I'm not real big on that area either. I think the tickets are cheaper at that time also so that's a bonus.

joanna71985
06-27-2009, 05:29 PM
I love Wicked! I saw it on Broadway, and it was amazing! I definitely recommend it to anyone.