PDA

View Full Version : In Disney Right Now, April 12th, 11:59 pm

disneyboy98
04-13-2009, 12:06 AM
Well, we are back in the room. What a day! A character breakfast, Epcot, resort hopping, Magic Kingdom, swimming, and then The Studios. Jam packed, but full of fun.

I may only get to highlights today as I am due to be up at 6:45 to be at the MK tomorrow morning for the Keys to the Kingdom tour.

We started off the day by heading over to Cape May Café for their character brunch. We did notice as we were walking in that there was quite a bit of activity going on for Easter. The Yacht and Beach Club had Easter games, candy, and Mickey and Donald signing autographs in their “dress-up” garb. After observing some of the festivities we made our way in for breakfast. As you can see from the pics, it is your standard fare of breakfast goodies but, it’s Disney, so it’s REALLY good! Chloe, of course, got to see her favorites: Goofy, Minnie, and Donald.

We then decided to tackle a little bit off WS at Epcot. Our hope was to catch some of the princesses in their countries to get some good photo ops with Chloe. We were a bit early for opening to we entered through the International Gateway and headed all the way around the loop to Mexico. By the time we got there, WS was open so we headed in to do the Mexican boat ride. Chloe loved it, and she kept spying Donald all through the ride and pointing him out to us. Very cute!

We then headed into Norway and found that Malestrom was only a five minute wait (it was walk-on) so we decided to do that as well.

Next, we strolled through Germany and as we were, as luck would have it, Snow White came walking out and Chloe ran to meet her, give her a big hug, and pose for some photos. I think Chloe liked the fact that Snow White could talk to her and she did have a “conversation” with Snow White about all her favorite things (Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Goofy, etc.). Snow White was wonderful with her!

We then continued on in our stroll through WS and headed into France where we met up with Aurora and she, as well, was wonderful with Chloe and kept her entertained while we snapped pictures.

Because we were going to the MK, as well, we continued around the loop and caught OH CANADA. I have to admit that the movie is kind of cheesy, and I do wish that they could have focused a bit more time on the prairies, but I do like the update and if you ever hear a group of people cheer after they mention “Moose Jaw” please note that we are in the theatre with you, so come on up and say “hi!”

Next we headed through Future World and headed out toward Chloe’s favorite ride of the day, the monorail. She has been watching these things go by since we got here and she keeps pointing them out and saying “monorail monorail monorail!” Well, we finally got on it, and she loved it. We took the monorail over to the TTC and then headed over to the Poly, which is a personal favorite resort of ours, for a look around.

After spending some time there, we then hopped on the monorail (Chloe actually fell asleep for her nap) and headed to The Grand Floridian and looked around there for a bit.

Then, it was off to the MK to see what the crowd was like for Easter. My opinion, yes it was busy, but not as off the wall as I might have thought. We weren’t really there to get on anything so we decided to just go on one thing and Kevin wanted to go the Swiss Family Tree House, so we did!! Ha ha ha!! Not the most exciting but it was fun to do it again after not being on it for a few years.

We then headed back the room and got the swim trunks out and went for a quick swim.

Then, we headed over to the Studios to end off the day with a quick trip over to Toy Story Mania. I don’t know what we were expecting to find, but the wait time was over 90 minutes. So we decided to forego it for another day and just headed on over around the back loop of park (where is was VERY quiet) and made our way to Muppets 3D. This was Chloe’s first time trying on 3D glasses and she actually enjoyed it a lot. She kept reaching out at things and giggling. So, it was a good experience. Can’t wait for her to try Mickey’s Philharmagic. After that, we took a trip to Endor on Star Tours. George Lucas, if you are reading this, Star Tours is an awesome ride. However, I think it’s time for an update. Just a small one! Nothing too fancy! For me, how about kind of a similar ride, but throw in some 3D glasses. Just a thought! Call me! Ha ha!

After that we headed back to the room and are now just had a quick snack and are getting ready for bed.

Tomorrow, like a said before, Beckie, Kevin, and myself have the Keys to the Kingdom tour in the morning at the MK. Beckie and I have gone on this tour before. Kevin is the one that would like to see it. I am looking forward to going on it again and seeing if I learn anything new. Then, we have an ADR at Boma (yum!), and we are then ending off the day at the AK for EMH. Sounds like a fun day! Guess you’ll find out tomorrow!

Have an awesome Disney Day!

To see today’s pics, please click here (http://picasaweb.google.com/brettyoung8864/SundayApril12th2009#)!

tadshome
04-13-2009, 05:51 AM
I am loving your trip reports & great photos :cloud9:

yjgirl32
04-13-2009, 08:26 AM
Great great Photos! After seeing your pix I sort of want to visit the Grand Floridian. Not normally my type of resort- but looked very very relaxing and I know I want to visit the Poly. Thanks again for sharing.

jodijo
04-13-2009, 09:22 AM
I am so enjoying your live trip reports. Thanks for all of the details and pictures. We are going to WDW in November and your reports are getting me excited for our trip.

Yesterday you posted " So, instead of an egg hunt we will have a "gift" waiting for her tomorrow morning from Mr. Easter Bunny. Stay tuned to find out what she received." So, what did Chloe get for Easter?

scottgr
04-13-2009, 09:27 AM
sounds like a great trip..and great photos..makes me want go :thumbsup:

canadasunflower
04-13-2009, 09:56 AM
I am so jealous Brett! I'm glad that you are having a good time though - only 79 days until we go!

Megan

moe513
04-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Great pictures,what kind of camera do you have??
You covered alot of ground, 3 parks, 3 resorts and an afternoon swim. wow.

g8rgirl29
04-13-2009, 10:18 AM
:mickey:Thanks for sharing your trip with us and those great photos too!! They made me very "home" sick!! Looks like you are having a wonderful trip!!:cloud9:

marylynne95
04-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Awesome photos and trip report!! I soooooooo wanna be there!!!! :cloud9:

PrettyMinnie
04-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the report and I loved the pictures! :minnie:

dtootsie42
04-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks for sharing another day. Love the pictures.

DizNee143
04-13-2009, 03:21 PM
another great day..im loving reading these reports while im at my desk at work..lol..:mickey:

SBETigg
04-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Thank you for another happy Disney fix. :D

ozmom
04-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Please tell us, what did Chloe receive.:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
04-13-2009, 06:16 PM
You RULE Brett!! Played your slideshow............it ROCKS!!~ Give Us more pix!!! Love that one closeup of Chloe u and stich! Have a GAS BRO!!:mickey::mickey:

Hull-onian
04-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Wow!! Picture perfect!!:mickey:

sleepingbooty
04-13-2009, 07:07 PM
What a great way to spend Easter!

faline
04-14-2009, 08:25 PM
:thumbsup: Great day!

Bethis26fan
04-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Sounds like another great day. Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
04-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Magic Smiles
04-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Love the reports and the pictures. Had to show DS the food photos...........so I am not the only one who takes pictures of food!
So makes me want to plan another trip to WDW, but that will have to wait.

dolphinmickey9170
04-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Nice pictures again! Chloe is so cute!