PDA

View Full Version : POFQ in September

Tinksalot
04-12-2009, 07:53 PM
We are considering staying @ POFQ but we were wondering if anyone was ever bothered by mosquitos because of its location near the river?

DisneyGlutton
04-12-2009, 08:37 PM
When we stayed in May, this was not a problem for us at all.

cindchan
04-12-2009, 09:00 PM
You know....I don't even recall the mosquitoes when I stayed there a few years ago.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-12-2009, 09:33 PM
We were in one of the rooms right on the water last Sept and didn't have a problem with mosquitos-Love bugs, but not mosquitos. And actually the love bugs weren't bad by our room, just at the bus stop!

E-Ticket4
04-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Never had a problem with mosquitos - and I've stayed there a bunch. I've never had a problem anywhere as Disney with them. We did see some spraying of something around a waterway while driving to the parks on one day. Could have been a mosquito abatement treatment?

Tinksalot
04-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Thank you for your responses! We will continue with our plans to stay there. We used to live in Florida so we can handle the "Love bugs", but I'm not a big fan of mosquitos. Thanks again!

wdwnomad
04-12-2009, 10:14 PM
I stayed there during September. Mosquitos weren't a problem at all. What you might run into during September are the love bugs. For like a week during September they are everywhere. It won't matter where you stay. You will see them in the parks and the resorts. They don't bite or anything. They are just a nuisance. Then one morning you will wake up and they will be all be gone.

tadshome
04-13-2009, 05:14 AM
When is September do the loves bugs come out? I have never seen them but I have read many threads on here about how they stick to paintwork on cars :(

vicster
04-13-2009, 04:43 PM
When is September do the loves bugs come out? I have never seen them but I have read many threads on here about how they stick to paintwork on cars :(

We usually go mid-September and the love bugs are out.

We stayed at POFQ last September and no mosquitoes. In fact, I don't recall ever seeing a mosquito at WDW - must be magic.