PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare for Dinner. Yea or Nay

JRoberts1015
04-12-2009, 02:34 PM
We are fortunate enought to be going back to Disney for the third time in 12 months. Having said that, we have just about eaten everywhere there is twice. However, we have not had dinner at 1900 Park Fare. I have a 4 year old daughter who has "always " had her BBB appointment in the castle right before her breakfast with Cinderella. We are still doing BBB the first morning, but we are not doing Cinderella's again. Is 1900 Park Fare a good alternative to see her fellow princesses, or is she going to cut my throat while I sleep. The dinner I have booked is for the night before our first day in the parks.

katzctkpt
04-12-2009, 05:21 PM
..if you've done 'em all twice, why not add this one to your list....???? The ugly stepsister's are a hoot...you'll have fun with them....the food is just the normal, buffet style stuff, that we've all grown to love.....right ??:thumbsup:

JRoberts1015
04-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Before doing anything, I need to learn how to spell "enough". :mickey:

Tinksalot
04-12-2009, 07:26 PM
My vote is YEA! :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-12-2009, 09:45 PM
I ate there a few years ago and the food was ok. I don't remember the characters really coming to our table, it seemed like because we were 2 adults they just skipped us. The food was pretty good but the waitress couldn't get us out of there fast enough. But like I said, that was a few years ago and I haven't gone back since. Maybe we'll have to give it another try next time we go.

Lisa and Alan
04-13-2009, 06:37 AM
Park Fare is our favorite dinner!!! My daughter, 5yr. , loves it, too. You are there to celebrate the 1 yr. anniversary of Cinderella and Prince charming. In attendance are Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, Drizella, Prince Charming and Cinderella. They have a delicious, always freshly prepared, buffet that also includes a carving station. They have always been willing to accomodate my very finicky eating daughter with an off the buffet order of plain buttered pasta. The food is GREAT and interaction is priceless. Be sure to bring your camera and camcorder.
You and your daughter will love it.

GoofyforFun
04-13-2009, 01:07 PM
The character interaction was great.. We had all of them personally come to our table. And the Wicked SM and daughters were excellent. There's even Prince Charming for you. I believe the food got an ok from our crowd of (11). This was after a week of CM, Norway Storybook BF, CMCafe, LeCellier,

Minniefan68
04-13-2009, 04:16 PM
We've done all the character breakfasts and dinners and didn't find 1900 PF to be anything special. Cinderella, the Stepsisters and Lady Tremaine were entertaining, but the food was not great -not a big selection - and it was very loud. Also, we felt a bit rushed b/c the location is popular and many people were waiting to be seated.

#1donaldfan
04-13-2009, 04:42 PM
If you've never tried it then you must at least once. We saw the stepsisters the first time back in Dec and they were a lot of fun. I think your dd will be very happy with this choice.

2lilboys
04-13-2009, 05:02 PM
You should give 1900 Park Fare a try!

We took our 2 year old twin boys there for their 1st character meal last year and everyone enjoyed it. The boys loved Cinderella and she was so sweet with them. We got the best pictures of each boy with her. Prince Charming was also great with them. The Stepsisters and Stepmother were fun and in character. It was very loud in the restaurant, although we really didn't mind the noise. We enjoyed the food and will be going back again with the boys soon.

DANAM
04-13-2009, 06:42 PM
I have loved 1900 Park Fare since I was a kid. My kids enjoy the characters and we love the food.

andreallybadeggs
04-13-2009, 08:02 PM
A definite yes. While buffets are never our choice for finest dining we can always find plenty that we like well enough and the characters are really fun.

homeschool mom
04-14-2009, 03:03 AM
We took our 5 children (DDs 17, 15, & 14 and DSs 9 & 7) there last Sept. for the last dinner of our trip with free dining. Food was good, but we were so tired of eating all week that we couldn't really enjoy it. :blush: However, the characters were very fun and we really enjoyed them. :mickey:

3 days and counting to anniv. trip with DH! :cloud9:

Tina3176
04-14-2009, 10:48 AM
This was the most fun character interaction we have ever had! The wicked stepsisters even danced with a large group of children. I give it two very enthusiastic thumbs up!

sacandjac
04-14-2009, 03:24 PM
The food was not great, just okay. The noise was really bad and it was a very chaotic dining experience. Character interaction was okay. I don't plan to visit again, but everyone needs to experience everything once and then decide for themselves. Have a great time!