PDA

View Full Version : In Disney Right Now, April 11th, 11:08 pm

disneyboy98
04-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Well we are back in the room. No EMH tonight at any of the parks and we are sort of releived about that because the past two nights we have not been back to the room till after midnight (and that includes that day that we got here).

If you missed the previous trip report from this afternoon you can look back for it.

When we left a few hours ago, we were just on our way for our ADR at Cape May Cafe. This is an absolute favorite of ours because the four of us (mom, Beckie, Kevin, and myself) like Seafood. Dad is allergic to selfish but he really likes it here because he can have everything else but the seafood (ribs, carved meats, etc.).

As you can see from the pics (can you tell that I am a food pictures kind of guy, ha ha ha!) we had a great meal and filled up on all our favorite foods. The only thing about having lost a bunch of weight is now I get alot filled up faster. However, I did get to eat what I enjoyed and I actually walked out of there feeling really good, and not that I had to be carried out of there on a wheelbarrel.

Well after the feast, we headed over to Epcot, but not before Chloe stopped to remind us to always take time to stop and smell the roses and look a the butterflies. She was so interested in that butterfly topiary that was just outside of the Beach Club that it was hard to drag her away from it but it did remind me that it's always a good idea to stop and look at all the details that surround us here WDW. From the topiarys to the E ticket attractions, they are play a part in our experience here! Thanks to all the CMs who put in their time to go that extra mile to make sure all those "small details" are taken care so that we have the most magical experience possible!

Well, then we were off to Epcot to see Herman's Hermits. Now, I really don't know much about them, but my mom sure does and she had an absolute blast. Surprising enough, I knew alot of their songs (Henry the 8th, Love Potion #9, Sillouettes, etc.). Not to sound like a jerk or that I am from a "younger" generation but I did recall hearing those songs alot when we would travel in the car with mom and dad and on the "cough cough oldies station cough cough" (ha ha!).

After the Hermits we then headed over to Norway to look around the store there which we really enjoy and then it was time for Illuminations. Well, Chloe did a great time yesterday at Wishes and she was excited to see "fireworks" again, but she does not like the loud "POPS" that they make. So, she made sure that her head was on her dad so she could block out the sound, but her eyes were locked on the skies so she could see them. The funniest part was when she was the globe head out to the middle of the water, she took one look at it and yelled out "MOON." She thought that it was the moon and then she added "moon, swimming". She always knows that the moon is in the sky but she saw it in WS lagoon tonight and she thought the moon was going for a swim. Isn't it amazing how kids see things?

After Illuminations we headed back (strolled is more the word) around WS to the International Gateway and slowly made our way back to the room. We did stop off at the Yacht club gift shop to pick up a few things for Miss Chloe for Easter tomorrow. She has now spent her first two Easters of her life in WDW. She really has no concept of what Easter is or the whole "Easter hunt" thing but she does know about the Easter bunny because she kept mentioning him tonight. So, instead of an egg hunt we will have a "gift" waiting for her tomorrow morning from Mr. Easter Bunny. Stay tuned to find out what she received.

We are now back in the room and just relaxing tonight. We are all in getting ready for bed and watching some Disney TV.

Tomorrow we have the first of two character meals planned. This one is taking place at Cape May Cafe and includes Minnie, Donald, Pluto, and Goofy. We heard rumors that Chip and Dale may be there as well. I guess we will have to see (no, no Mickey in the one...funny). After that, we are going to head over to Epcot and walk back around WS to see some of the princesses that are out in the countries during the time that WS opens in the morning. After that we will do a couple of attractions in FW and then head over on the monorail to look around the monorail resorts and stop off at the MK to see what is going on around there. Yes, of course we are expecting big crowds because it is Easter but we will just roll with it and get on what we can get on.

We did hear this morning (from the people here at the Swan) that there was quite a mass Exodus of people checking out today. Epcot tonight was actually pretty quiet and you could find good viewing locations for Illuminations up to the minute that the show started. I know that it is going to be busy, but I am interested to see how it is going to be for attendance through the rest of the week. I guess we will see how it goes.

If you would like to see today's pics, including the ones taken this afternoon and tonight, please click here (http://picasaweb.google.com/brettyoung8864/SaturdayApril11th2009#)!

Until tomorrow, have a Disney day!

the other micki
04-12-2009, 12:22 AM
Chloe is so cute! Glad your mom enjoyed Herman and the Hermits (I'm almost 40 and they were before my time, but don't tell your mom this) :secret: You take great food pics! Making me hungry!!!

goofysbabe
04-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Brett,

Great trip reports!! Just dawned on me that I've read your trip reports from other trips and you are one of my favs:thumbsup: Keep it up - lovin the trip so far - great pics & Chloe is the cutest.

pdrlkr
04-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

dtootsie42
04-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the trip report! They are simply terrific. I love the pictures and so glad you took tons of picture when you ate at Cape May. My family for years has debated about going there and after seeing the pictures I think we are going to finally go. Yummy!! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
04-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Brett, I cant believe it has been a year already since your last trip with Chloe. Love all the reports. I will check on your days each afternoon this week!! Have fun!:mickey:

sleepingbooty
04-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Thanks for sharing:mickey:

yjgirl32
04-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Great report. I love your pics- especially of the food- although this time I ate before I looked at them. Chloe is just so darn cute! Thanks for sharing.

SBETigg
04-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Another great report! I love that you're all enjoying WDW through Chloe's eyes. So sweet. My son would have loved the T Rex restaurant when he was younger! Good to see it. Thanks!

DizNee143
04-13-2009, 02:21 PM
a great night to a great day!! :mickey:

KylesMom
04-13-2009, 03:06 PM
What - you guys are back in the room before midnight? I'm SHOCKED! :D

Another fun day with your fam, Brett. Yep, kids remind us of all the possibilities that are out there, don't they?

Let's hope the staff is correct and the "mass exodus" of folks will leave the parks comfortable for you tomorrow! :mickey:

moe513
04-13-2009, 05:19 PM
love your reports

BluewaterBrad
04-13-2009, 05:57 PM
More!!...............More My Brother!!!:mickey:

faline
04-14-2009, 08:16 PM
You just brought back a wonderful memory for me (but I guess it also points out I am more of your parents' generation than of yours!)! A couple (few) years ago, we took a long weekend at Disney World to go to the Flower & Garden Show. Peter Noone and Herman's Hermits were playing but it also began to rain (hard) during their performance! I will never forget sitting in the audience, inside my plastic poncho, and singing "I'm 'enry the 8th I am" while is was pouring rain! We enjoyed the show so much we came back to watch it again (in better weather)!

Bethis26fan
04-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Sounds like a great night.

dolphinmickey9170
04-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks again!! Great reading.