PDA

View Full Version : Awesome April Adventure - Pretrip report

the other micki
04-11-2009, 09:27 PM
It's been so long waiting...but our trip is right around the corner!

Cast:
Me - Micki 39
DH - Jason 44
DD - KayLea 14
DS - Seth 8
DS - Jared 6
DDad - Don
DStepmom - Sandy

Our goals on this trip are: try some things we haven't done before, eat at some fun places, and spend ample time relaxing, as not to wear ourselves out, and to just enjoy one another!

This is "the plan":

4/25 - Leave my dad's house around 8:30 or 9:00. Dad and Stepmom are not early risers or fast movers. We'll drive 3/4 of the way this day, stoppping in Lake City to stay the night.

4/26 - Hopefully arrive at WDW by noon. Check-in, put our luggage in the room if our rooms are ready. Will probably grab lunch at our resort (POP) and then hop a bus to MK.
We'll start off in tomorrowland because last trip, we never made it over there (my DS 8 got sick and we didn't go into MK the last day). My DSs have chosen Buzz Spin as the first ride. After visiting a few more attractions in Tomorrowland, hope we'll have time to visit POTC (on refurb last trip). Next, we'll take a spin on the monorail and end up at Ohana for our 6:45 ADR. I'm really excited about dining here! Depending on what time we finish up dinner, we may go back into MK for Spectro, but we'll just play it by ear.

4/27 Planning to be at Epcot for opening today.
Per request of kids, we'll be riding Test Track first. Next we'll visit FW East and then have lunch at Coral Reef. After lunch, the plan is to do some Kim Possible missions in WS. I also hope to catch an early showing of the Dragon Legend Acrobats in China. Missed them last trip! Might catch SSE on the way out, then head back to the Pop to swim that evening. Dinner at Pop.

4/28 Today is DS day! We'll be heading straight to TSM with everyone else! Hope to ride and get a FP. We'll spend all day in this park. Lunch at Sci-Fi and Dinner at 50's PTC. I really love DS (maybe more than most). Hope to catch Indy Jones Show, LMA, and of course, mine and DD's faves...Tower of Terror and RNRC!

4/29 This is sleep-in morning. Brunch at Everything Pop, swim and just relax. Mid-afternoon, we're going to DTD to do some shopping and will be meeting some super fun cousins who live in Orlando for an early dinner at the T-Rex Cafe. I have a feeling my DSs are really gonna like this one! A little more shopping after dinner and back to Pop.

4/30 We'll be visiting AK today. Hopefully get there at opening. E:E, then Dinoland. Can't wait to see the new Finding Nemo Musical! Probably lunch at either Flame Tree or Yak n Yeti (taking suggestions). Visit some other attractions. We really like Flights of Wonder. Finish off the day with Kali RR. Get totally soaked and head back to Pop for afternoon swim. After dinner at Pop, we may ride over to Wintersummerland and do some mini-golf. My DS 8 loves mini-golf!

5/1 Finally back at MK. Will it be Buzz first again? I'll want to get over to Frontierland, as this is my fave land. Maybe we'll look for paintbrushes at TS Isle? Will try to cover as much of MK as possible, then catch a boat to WL for our 5:20 ADR at WCC. I'd like to get to WL ahead of time to look around the resort and maybe catch the geyser. After dinner, I'd like to head back to MK to catch Wishes.

5/2 Our last day at Disney! We have a late breakfast scheduled for Chef Mickey's, then it's onto the monorail and off to Epcot! I'd like to visit Innoventions today for the first time. Then, probably after another ride on Test Track, spend some time in WS. There's a very good possibility we'll be doing more KP Missions...but I also want to just take time to stroll along and take in the atmosphere. We have an early dinner ADR at LeCellier. Then it's back to Pop to pack up the vehicle and take a last dip in the pool. Tomorrow, it's back home we go!

I'm really looking forward to this trip as it's longer than our last one which I hope will help us to not feel as rushed. I've not told my family about any of the restaurants because I want them to be total surprise to everyone. They're all new places to us.

Thanks to everyone on intercot whose helped me to plan this trip! :mickey:

dmosher
04-11-2009, 09:32 PM
This sounds like a great plan! Have fun and good luck. I am sooo jealous. We have to wait another 158 days, 10 hours and 28 minutes till we are on our way back to WDW!
Have a great time!
:pipes:
D

RedSoxFan
04-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun. I, too, love Hollywood Studios. TSM is a lot of fun.

vizsla
04-12-2009, 08:01 AM
Sounds like you have a great trip planned. Have fun.:thumbsup:

the other micki
04-13-2009, 10:10 AM
I am sooo jealous. We have to wait another 158 days, 10 hours and 28 minutes till we are on our way back to WDW!
:pipes:
D

Yea, as Tom Petty says, "The waiting is the hardest part." I've been planning my trip for at least a year, and when you're a long-range planner like us, it does drag on at times! I love the way you have it down to the minute! :D

DizNee143
04-13-2009, 11:22 AM
sounds like its going to be a great vacation! hope you guys have a blast!! :mickey:

faline
04-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Your trip is just around the corner and you've got some great plans!

I used to love Flame Tree Barbecue but feel their quality has gone down on our last 2-3 visits so I rate them as just okay now. On the plus side, you can get seats with lovely views. On the minus side, it's all outside and can be rather hot! We ate at Yak & Yeti for the first time on our last trip. I had high hopes for this full-service restaurant (so needed in this park) but, in my opinion, they rated okay but nothing I'd rush back for. On the plus side, it's inside and air conditioned. On the minus side, it's more expensive than counter service. Best of luck with whatever you choose!

the other micki
04-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the restaurant info., Faline! Just wondering...If we do Y and Y as a cs, is the seating outside or inside?

yjgirl32
04-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Great pre-trip report. SOunds like a good plan. Hope you have a great trip- friends of mine are flying down the same day. Be sure and report back.

deedeenmickey
04-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Have great time. Sounds like a great plan.