PDA

View Full Version : Harper's Island

tinkerbelle75
04-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Did anybody watch this show? I had been very intrigued by the ads for it, but after watching it, I am not quite sure what I think of it. There were some really gross things that happened. I thought there would be clues to help figure out who was getting killed next, but the first episode left me kind of confused.What do you guys think?

LauraleeH
04-11-2009, 10:28 PM
My mom had warned me it would be gory so it wasn't as bad as I had expected. It was good enough for us to keep watching, but if all the episodes are like last night, I don't know how long we'll continue.

bicker
04-12-2009, 06:19 AM
I didn't find the episode to be as good as the commercials.

PirateLover
04-12-2009, 10:08 AM
My mom and I watched it. I liked the jumpy "gotcha" moments but I found the dialogue to be sub-par, at times even cheesy. I was surprised that they killed Harry Hamlin so soon. Lol. I'll probably continue to watch, unless it gets realllly bad. I think they should've revealed a bit more of the original story to reel us in more.

tinkerbelle75
04-17-2009, 07:51 AM
Another strange episode last night. Man, I am confused!

LauraleeH
04-17-2009, 10:12 AM
I think I like the idea of this show, but they need some writers or something.

RedSoxFan
04-17-2009, 08:34 PM
I watched the 1st episode last night. I've yet to watch episode #2. I thought it was good and will keep watching. I'm curious now.

DisneyTiff
04-29-2009, 07:09 PM
They moved the time slot for this show to Saturday nights at 9:00 (I think). At least they are still going to show all of the episodes.

I was starting to get into this show. I'm just glad it wasn't cancelled.

RedSoxFan
05-01-2009, 10:01 AM
I went to tivo the show last night and remembered that you said it had moved to Saturday. Thanks for letting us know.

IamBelle
05-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Overall, I like this show, its different from everything I watch normally and I love the cliff hanger endings!

Carol
05-22-2009, 07:26 AM
I watched the first episode and deleted it from my DVR list. I just didn't like the characters or the show. :unsure:

ChipnDaleGal
05-22-2009, 12:08 PM
My girls and I are intrigued by the premise of the show. You never know which character will be biting the dust each episode.

magicofdisney
06-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Long story short I deleted all the episodes I had recorded on my DVR. Yesterday I was browsing through Netflix and I realized you can Watch Instantly this show. I have a little extra time on my hands since my kids are finished with schooling so I started from the beginning and whizzed through. The episodes are amazingly short when there are no commercials to skip and they run a preview at the beginning of each show.

I'm all caught up and I'm hooked. Of course it's not the greatest story or suspense, but it's good "chill out" time.

I'm trying to figure out if the killer is a major player or someone we haven't seen yet. I don't believe that Wakefield is alive so I don't buy that story line. I don't think it's JD because that seems a little to obvious (I feel the same about the niece, Madison, even though she is odd).

It's usually the person you least expect and right now for me that would be Cal, Chloe or even Trish (from the cast of main characters). Of course I wasn't thinking this all along so I don't recall their alibis when the murders took place.

I read on Wikipedia that the characters don't even know when they're being killed off until they get the script for that episode.

meldan98
06-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Is anybody still watching this? What do you think of it at this point?

magicofdisney
06-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Well, I'm disappointed that Wakefield is still alive. I thought surely the killer would be someone we know and love, or love to hate.

There are still 3 episodes left and obviously something sinister is still going on. I can't believe they'd reveal the killer this soon.

I had all kinds of scenarios running through my head, but Wakefield put a damper on those. Particularly in the last few shows, most everyone's been accountable when someone was killed.

I feel a little deflated at this point. Next week better be gripping or I'll be ticked off.

meldan98
06-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Well, I thought in the preview that they mentioned that there might be another killer. I don't get them revealing that Wakefield is still alive with 3 episodes left. There has got to be a catch.

RedSoxFan
06-25-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm guessing Wakefield being alive is just the tip of it. There has to be more to that esp with three episodes left. I was 5 episodes behind a couple of weeks ago and watched them on a Monday night with DH. I have him hooked on the show now. And he's not a TV person.

motherof4
06-25-2009, 07:26 PM
I have been trying to figure out who could be the other killer, but I haven't got a clue. I payed attention to who was somewhere else during the other murders, and I can figure it out. Watch, wouldn't that be funny if Abby was dreaming this whole time?!

magicofdisney
06-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Watch, wouldn't that be funny if Abby was dreaming this whole time?!
No! I hate those kinds of scenarios. :ack: ;)

I heard one theory, that there are multiple killers. Like Uncle Marty killed cousin Ben for money. Then the dad killed Uncle Marty because he knew about Hunter. Then he killed Hunter because he was blackmailing him. And so on and so forth.

magicofdisney
06-30-2009, 07:13 PM
A few comments...

1. Although I suspected him previously, I do not think Jimmy is the other killer. There's no way Abby's dad would have given his life to save Jimmy if he suspected him.

2. What's up with Wakefield not getting shot by any of the hundred or so rounds fired at him lately?

3. I really thought Cal and Chloe would make it to the end. I'm still not convinced Chloe is dead. I don't see how that fall could have killed her other than she was completely heartbroken over Cal's death.

4. Cal's death was just so unnecessary. Why didn't he try and go around the rails on the other side of the bridge?

5. Do you think it's possible that Jimmy is Wakefield son, with Abby's mom? Gross, I know, but there could be a connection there. Remember, they never actually went "camping".

IamBelle
07-01-2009, 08:34 AM
I was surprised about Cal and Chloe, they were my favorite!
I do not think Jimmy is the other killer, its too obvious. I think they are just doing that to throw you off from the real second killer, Madison!! LOL that would really be unexpected!!

thrillme
07-01-2009, 09:32 AM
I was crushed about Cal and Chole. Cal didn't cross over the thing because Chole was struggling...his shoulder was still messed up from the shot so I guess he figured he'd stay and protect Chole. It was cool seeing how Chole feel so in love with him during the course of things...I really didn't want to see them get bumped off.

I agree. I'm just not so sure Jimmy's the guy.

a). Too obvious
b). Dad told Abby how much Jimmy loved her...etc
c). Jimmy's info was in Dad's file so he HAD to know all about him.
d). I wouldn't completely put it past Madison having something to do with everything. She's a "creepy" little girl. She didn't seem too excited when Abby found her...rushing to get out of the room, let's go before he comes back etc. If I recall she was burning ants in the beginning of everything.

My first thought was that it was Henry...his eyes are awful close together and he has really big nostrils.

tinkerbelle75
07-01-2009, 10:09 AM
I got a little suspicious that Chloe knew more than she was letting on when she told Wakefield " You can't have me" right before she jumped. Why, out of all those people, did he not kill her? He had 3 opportunities! She will more than likely be back. I too was thinking that Jimmy might be Wakefield's son. The journal said they had a "child' together, not necessarily a daughter- (if I remember correctly).

I really can't believe they buried this show on Saturday night- it really is a great show!

thrillme
07-01-2009, 12:56 PM
It is quite possible that Chole knew more than she was letting on. She jumped to the river below...she wasn't KILLED like the others. That could be a possibility.

tinkerbelle75
07-12-2009, 11:08 AM
WOW that ending was great! Did nobody watch it?

IamBelle
07-12-2009, 11:16 AM
That ending was great! It was totally unexpected!! I was kind of dissappointed that my previous prediction of Madison being Wakefield's helper wasn't true, lol. That would have made things very interesting! I wish they could find a way to make another one, but that would sort of be impossible, with what happened, you know. (I don't want to give anything away for ppl who didn't see it yet.)

tinkerbelle75
07-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I don't want to give anything away either.that's why my post was so short! Maybe they can have a new one like it, though because I loved the concept and it turned out to be a fantastic show!

meldan98
07-13-2009, 12:30 PM
First, thank you for not giving much away. I was hoping to check in to see if it was worth watching the final two episodes. I will try and watch them soon!

magicofdisney
07-13-2009, 05:44 PM
My first thought was that it was Henry...his eyes are awful close together and he has really big nostrils.
LOL. I'm not sure what this means but it made me laugh.

I was a little disappointed with the last 1/2 hour. Most of that seemed unnecessary, but I guess they wanted to tie up any lose ends. His obsession was creepy. You rarely see siblings in that light.

RedSoxFan
07-13-2009, 09:13 PM
I watched the finale today on line. I was shocked to say the least. Was not expecting it to end that way. I enjoyed watching the show --- it was really good.

meldan98
07-15-2009, 02:33 PM
WOW!!! I finally watched the last two episodes and I was really shocked. I almost wish that they would have done a little flashback montage on who killed who. There were some people who were killed early on that I don't think were ever acknowledge throughout the season. Who was the person who fell into the pit and was lit on fire and what ever happend to the dog?

princessjojo
07-19-2009, 07:35 PM
This show was difficult. At first, it was slow and hard to hold on to. Then it kept you thinking, this is kinda lame, but what's next... Finally, I'm hooked. Love, love, love the ending, but like many others, wish Cal & Chole would have made it. Actually I wish many of them could have made it--Trish for one. I think she and Abby would have, though from very different backgrounds, become very good friends.