PDA

View Full Version : In Disney Right Now, April 11th, 4:40 pm

disneyboy98
04-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Well here we are, back in the room for a bit of quiet time before heading over for our ADR at Cape May Cafe tonight at 6:00 pm.

This morning, we got up a bit later than usual because we had been at the MK till about 1:30 this morning. We then headed down to Downtown Disney for a bit of "lite" (yeah right!) shopping. As you can see from the pics (link at the bottom of the post) we saw quite a few things and had lunch at Wolfgang Pucks Express. If you have not been there before and you like food that is fast and fresh, GO THERE! I know that had a type of chicken salad sandwich with chips and it was awesome. I am not sure exactly what everyone else had but you can look at the pics and decide for yourself! Either way, it was tasty!

We then decided to separate for a bit and look around at whatever we wanted to. Lots of very cool things to look at but the highlight for Chloe was her visit to TRex Restaurant. No, we did not go in to eat, but we did go in to Build a Dinosaur! She really surprised us when she saw a triceratops and yelled "TRICERATOPS" and then she saw a TRex and she yelled out "TREX". We all kind of were in shock because we didn't know she knew those words. So when she went to build her dinosaur (with assistance from her mom and grandmother) she chose the orange velociraptor (she thinks it's a TRex, ha ha ha). So she went through the process of creating her dinosaur and it was very cute with some great photo opportunities.

We then left DTD and headed back to one of our favorite resorts for a quick look around, Port Orleans Riverside. We have stayed here many times in the passed but Beckie wanted to show Kevin what it looked like. So we walked around the grounds and took a quick look in the store. I took quite a few pictures while we there because I know that my grandma and grandpa just love this place (they are reading this right now), so grandma and grandpa, those pics are for you!

We then headed over to the Wilderness Lodge to look around there as Kevin wanted to go and see what it looked like. Still a very nice place to go and look around. However, for us, it reminds us a lot of Banff (which we are about eight hours away from at home) so we would probably pick another resort before we stayed there. Still, a very nice resort!

After touring around for a bit, we are now back in the room and having a rest from such a busy (ha! Yeah right!) day! Chloe is just sitting here playing with her toy purchases from this morning and laughing and smiling. She did have quite a snooze in her stroller as we were touring around so she seems to be recharged.

Tonight, well I am not too sure what is going on. We may go back to the MK or we may just head over to Epcot for the evening after dinner at Cape May.

Please check back on this post for an update later on tonight.

To view the pics from earlier today, please click here (http://picasaweb.google.com/brettyoung8864/SaturdayApril11th2009#)!

Have a Disney day!

yjgirl32
04-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Great report! Sounds like a very nice relaxing day. Your meal from Wolfgang's looks very yummy! Thanks for sharing. Have a great trip!

Daisy'sMom
04-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Have fun! I am really jealous! Tell Mickey hello and Happy Easter for us.:mickey:

FamilyofDisneyFreaks
04-11-2009, 06:07 PM
:mickey:
Love your reports Brett. You really make me feel like I'm there right along with you and your family. And gets me excited to start planning for our June trip! Glad Chloe liked T-Rex. We are still trying to decide if we're going to try there this trip down.

Thanks again for the updates!

dmosher
04-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Sounds like a fun trip, keep the updates coming. We have to live vicariously through others trips until the end of Sept!
:pipes:
D

hoosiermickey
04-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Great report!! Love the pictures!!! Thanks for taking the time. Your report really got us excited about our June trip.

Soul_Power
04-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the pictures, even though they made me jealous! :mickey: I'm really excited to visit Trend-D. How were the prices? Were they pretty average for Disney?

disneyboy98
04-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Soul_Power, the prices at Tren D were right along with what you would normally pay for at any WDW store. The one thing that my sister noticed though was the alot of their merchandise was available at other places all around the resort. It was not like "The Vault" that they have at Disneyland where you can only find certain items in one store. I think that is what we were expecting (that it would be like The Vault), I am not sure about yourself.

From Beckie's opinion, because the entire store is for the ladies, she just said that all the "funky" pieces that you would find in the other stores are all in this store and atractively displayed like a "The Vault" is in Disneyland. It felt very "thrift storeish" (if that makes sense) but they were not "original" pieces by the big names that they have at "The Vault". You could find the same pieces of mercchandise at the World of Disney, if you looked around for it.

Hope that helps a bit. Have a blast on your trip!

pdrlkr
04-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
04-13-2009, 12:50 PM
great day so far!! cant wait to read about your night! :mickey:

faline
04-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Chloe is getting so grown up! She's certainly a real cutie! How funny that she knows her dinosaurs! I have a niece who loved dinosaurs, reptiles and bugs from a very young age - she's a very bright young woman and I expect Chloe will be as well!

Very nice report - as always!

Bethis26fan
04-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Sounds like a great first part of the day.

RocknBev
04-18-2009, 08:36 AM
love these reports...I saved them for today...while I am at work on a SATURDAY doing nothing but monitoring the building!!!! what's up with this?
It was tough but well worth! Chloe has made your fabulous trip reports even better! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
04-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Awesome, thanks for sharing.:mickey: