PDA

View Full Version : My very first trip report

luvDaMouse
04-11-2009, 01:34 PM
I have never done one before as I am fairly new to this forum. I have trouble believing that anyone would care about what I do on "my" vacation BUT... I know how much I enjoy living vicariously through all of your trip reports so here it goes..

Cast
Me: Dana 43 Loves all things "Disney"
DH: Tom 44 Loves me for my love of all things Disney!
Married 23 yrs have 2 great daughters, honeymooned in Disney World in 1986!

Trip May 13th to 16th at AKV kidani (first stay as new DVC members) then moving to SSR from the 16th to the 22nd
We went last year the week before Memorial Day (a first without kids) Had a great time so decided it would be great to go this time again this year. Leaving our 2 girls at home, one is a sophmore in college the other almost 18 year old to take care of the house and dog.
We will arrive via Southwest airlines to orlando at 3:00 grab ME and head to AKL I have never been to this resort and I am excited to start our stay there. We may or may not head to MK or we may grab CS and just explore the resort.
Thurs 5-14 ADRS at Kona Cafe (a first for us)
then MK then head back to resort to go to pool and explore.
Fri 5-15 AK in am then resort/pool then we have ADR for Rose and Crown,(new for us) husband wants to have fish and chips! Epcot has evening EMH
Sat 5-16 we check out of AKV. We have a tee time at Magnolia at 10am so I hope to have our bags brought over to SSR and we will head out to play golf. Well, my husband plays I will ride along and take pictures! Hopefully when we are done we will have our room available and our luggage will be there! Because we will have a 1bdr I ordered some breakfast items and snacks from Garden grocer and I hope they will be there bet 5-7pm then maybe we will go over to DTD and grab a bite at Earl of Sandwhich!
Sunday 5-17 DHS day, lunch at Mamma Melrose, and Fantasmic.
Monday 5-18 MK day. I want to make sure I see the Flag Ceromony at 5pm. I keep missing it the last few trips. ADR at CRT at 8:00 (first time for us cant wait to see inside of the castle)
Tues 5-19 maybe hang at resort today relax (yeah right?) Have ADR at cali grill for dinner and to see Wishes from the observation deck. Not sure how I feel about that, cause I love watching from Main Street BUT trying something new!
Wed 5-20 golf tee time at Lake Buina vista, then not sure where the wind will blow us!maybe some shopping at DTD
Thurs 5-21 last day in parks, usually MK as I must close my vacation out with spectro and Wishes.
Our main goal is to spend time with each other and relax. By knowing we will have many years to visit we don't have to go commando in the parks but try to do a couple of new things each trip! 31 days to go:mickey:

SBETigg
04-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Sounds fabulous! Like you, we honeymooned in WDW years ago and this coming trip for us is our first trip back without our two kids since then. We're so excited! I know how you must feel. The plan sounds good. We love Rose and Crown, just taking our time and soaking up the atmosphere. I hope you have a great time. Thanks for the report, looking forward to more. :)

TheVBs
04-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Sounds like you have great plans! :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-11-2009, 05:53 PM
It sounds great. We are going 5/5 to 5/10. We only have one ADR for Rose & Crown:thumbsup: We love that place and I think you guys will too. Have a great trip :mickey:

yjgirl32
04-11-2009, 06:14 PM
sounds great! I love reading everyone's trip reports and then reading what they did when they get back- helps me make decisions and learn new things. Have a great time!

BMan62
04-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Can't wait to hear what your DH thinks of the golf down there!! One of these days, I'm going to play those courses myself.

Enjoy!!!

vizsla
04-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Sounds like you have a great trip planned. Have a great time.:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
04-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
04-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Congrats on your status as DVC owners! Sounds like it will be a wonderful trip! May is such a great time to visit!

castlelady36
04-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Sounds like you have a great time planned. Look forward to your reports.

sleepingbooty
04-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Sounds like a fun plan. We will be there same time as you - here's wishing for low crowd levels!:fingers:

mouseketeer mom
04-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Hi Dana!
I like all of your firsts! You gotta, gotta, gotta try the Tonga toast at Kona. Get the Lilikoi juice too. Yum!
Rose and Crown is really good! I loved the Bangers and Mash, they are delish!
CRT! Glad you got the ressie! You mentioned to me you wanted to try it. This was a surprise hit for us..we actually loved the food as much as the atmosphere.
Don't hesitate to do the observation deck for Wishes. I wasn't sure what to expect, but this truely was such a magical way to see Wishes. I felt like I could reach out and touch them and the sound was perfect. This made for a magical night, you will love it.
I've never stayed Saratoga, but AKL was so unique and fun to explore.
Have a fantastic time and come back and tell us all about it! :mickey: Lisa

Hull-onian
04-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Have a great time!! You have a wonderful trip planned.:cloud9:

RedSoxFan
04-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned. I hope you have a wonderful time.:mickey: