PDA

View Full Version : Fridge's at POR

Insanity Clause
04-11-2009, 11:42 AM
I have a question. We will be heading down to POR in 10 days and we were wondering if there was a fee to have a fridge or if this is part of all the rooms at POR. On the WDWinfo site it mentioned that sometimes there was a fee for them so I was confused.

disney1026
04-11-2009, 12:30 PM
I do not recall having a fridge in my room when I was last there. Maybe it is something you can rent? I could also be remembering incorrectly. I would just call the resort and ask to be certain.

Zippy 1
04-11-2009, 12:31 PM
We did not pay a fee for the fridge when we were there in November '07. We loved POR!! I hope you do too!:mickey:

tink2006
04-11-2009, 01:05 PM
There is not fee for the fridge. Sometimes they do not work properly and they will freeze the items. This can be quite a mess if it something like pop. We have had to request a different fridge on a couple of accaiions - no big deal.

Hope you love POR - it is one of our favorites

LudwigVonDrake
04-11-2009, 02:50 PM
No fee...the fridge is free :mickey:

DisneyWhirled
04-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Is the fridge already in the room, or do you have to request it?

lindique
04-11-2009, 04:46 PM
At the moderate hotels the fridge is free, and is installed inside the furniture in the room (in a wooden cabinet to match the decor). The fridge is a small cube - dorm size - but will hold quite a bit.

There is no freezer. In addition, the knobs to adjust the temperature have been removed, so sometimes the temp is either too cold or too hot. I had frozen orange juice the last time - ice crystals throughout! If the temperature isn't right, just call maintenance, and they will come with a knob and adjust it.

There is a $10 per day charge for refrigerators at the value hotels. You need to order it, and they will deliver one to your room.

So, bottom line, since you are staying at POR, you will have one in your room for free. Enjoy your trip - I love POR!

CleveRocks
04-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Since some time in 2005, fridges are free and standard in ALL rooms in ALL the Moderate and Deluxe resorts (POR is a Moderate resort).

They are as free and standard as carpeting and a TV ... no need to request one.