PDA

View Full Version : Jellyrolls or CityWalk?

Dulcee
04-11-2009, 09:48 AM
DBF and I are headed to WDW this June. We have one night that we don't have a TS reservation because we were orginally planning on heading to CityWalk for dinner and drinks for the night. We had booked a reservation with Quicksilver for getting back and forth. I've heard a little about Jellyrolls recently on this site, I've never heard about it before in all my trips to WDW and we're now thinking heading there for the night and saving the 100$ for the car service to CityWalk might be a good idea.

Has anyone been to Jellyrolls? Was it a good time? Aside from alcohol, can you get any type of food or should we plan on counterservice ahead of time? How early do you have to show up to get a table for a weeknight? And does anyone have any idea how much a taxi would be one way from the Boardwalk to POR?

Thanks All!

Jeri Lynn
04-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Jellyrolls is alot of fun! As far as I know they do not serve food...just popcorn.

I have read that it is now non-smoking as of January 2009 which is great. I loved going there but the smoke would cause some breathing problems for me so I stopped going when we were vacationing.

It is a great time and I am looking forward to going this year.

I have never been to Citywalk.

Mammabruski
04-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Jellyrolls is so, so much fun! When we went we stopped at Big River Grill and Brewing Co. and sat at the bar and had dinner (we didn't have ADR's). It was also a great place for excellent micro-brewed beer. We got to Jellyrolls at around 9:45 and were lucky to get a table, granted it was a weekday. I hear you need to get there pretty early (9ish) on the weekends to get a table. We grabbed a cab just outside the lobby of the hotel and it cost us $6 to get to POP. I love Jellyrolls, and I hope you do too!:mickey:

MNNHFLTX
04-11-2009, 01:08 PM
I've been to both and given your choices I would stick with Jellyrolls. So much fun! And the money you save in transportation is a bonus!

Dulcee
04-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks guys! I think we're going to cancel our quicksilver reservation and plan on Jellyrolls instead.

mitchsfan
04-11-2009, 05:52 PM
I have been to Jellyrolls a few times but not recently. I am not sure if Jellyrolls sells food. It might be a bar only. But the ESPN Zone is 4 stores down.

With that said, JELLYROLLS IS AN AWESOME TIME.! It became our favorite bar to hang out at before we had kids.

The last time we were in the World, we had our 2 1/2 year old and one of my wife's friends with us. One night, we were walking the Boardwalk and my wife and her friend wanted to stop in for "1 quick drink." Well after 1 1/2 my son and I decided it would be best if we went back to the hotel :) They came home much later!!!

It is a great place!!!!

spoiledraf
04-11-2009, 08:49 PM
I went with my son in law and some of his buddies a couple years ago and there was a large group of travel agents from England. A freindly young lady ended up at our table and we had a fun evening sharing European and American views of everything. It was a little tough though as the pianos were in full swing and the crowd was really into it. We closed the place down. I was shocked at how many songs these two guys knew and could play so well. That was my first visit and I look forward to going back this June. Hope Nana doesn't mind watching the grandkids while Papa goes out to have a few beers with the kids!

morebroccoli
04-11-2009, 10:44 PM
I have read that it is now non-smoking as of January 2009 which is great. .

i cant believe there was anyplace left on Disney property that still allowed smoking up til so recently. not that i mind, to each his own, but wow that is a surprise

Seasonscraps
04-11-2009, 11:55 PM
I am sure you will have a great time!! There are several dining options along the boardwalk before you head into Jellyrolls. The place really starts to fill up after 9 so you may want to get there around 9 to get a table. Don't worry if it seems beat when you walk in - it picks up!!

i cant believe there was anyplace left on Disney property that still allowed smoking up til so recently. not that i mind, to each his own, but wow that is a surprise

They don't serve food (except some popcorn) which seemed to be the criteria for permitting smoking.