PDA

View Full Version : CBR Pirate Rooms

Janet89
04-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Here's a quick recap: DS has decided to skip :mickey:. We will be at the beach prior to Orlando then Discovery Cove/SeaWorld. I have Visa rewards to use and had planned on staying at a deluxe for one night. We are now staying two nights in Orlando. My reward points will not cover a deluxe for two nights.

We will be arriving in the afternoon and will probably go to SeaWorld for the afternoon/evening. The next day we will be heading to DC for the day.

I'm now thinking about a Pirate Room at CBR, since DS is a big fan of the movies. It is about $100 less a night than the deluxe. I know the buildings are farthest away from the main bldg. Any thoughts? Other recommendations? Or, based on our plans, should we just book a value and use the extra $$ for food & stuff (not that we need more, LOL).

dmosher
04-11-2009, 02:14 AM
When it comes to deciding on yoru room/theme/hotel, I usually think, "how much time am I going to spend here?". If you answer like DW and myself (a lot) then go for the themeing. We don't usually get up with an alarm (just whenever we wake up) or rush out of our room, so the themeing is important. If this is not the case for you, then I say save the $$ and spend it on whatever is important. However if you think the Pirate themeing of the room will make a difference, then by all means stay there and take lots of pics for the rest of us!
:pipes:
D

trudisneygal
04-11-2009, 09:52 PM
I was just wondering, for those of you who have had the chance to stay in these new rooms, how they were, and how you like them? Are they really all they're cracked up to be? I have thought that we would like to stay there next trip, but is it really worth the extra $$, even compared to a regular priced room at the CBR?

Janet89
04-13-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm beginning to think we should skip the Pirate rooms, and a Disney resort in general. :( I looked at an aerial view of it on mapquest, and those buildings look to be pretty far from the main pool/food court. Since we will be spending our time in the Sea World area, I just can't see paying $220 a night (even though I will be using our rewards), when we can pay $109 and stay right by Sea World and get free breakfast. I'm thinking we won't have too much time to spend at the resort anyway. I had thought of Pop, but I think DH would be unhappy with me if I booked a Disney resort and all our activities are at Sea World.

I think we will use the Disney Visa Rewards at DTD instead.

pattigmiller
04-14-2009, 01:39 PM
The Pirate themed rooms are not large but they are FANTASTIC! From the ship beds to the mini fridge in a barrel (with a door), the room is perfect for a pirate lover! The new pool area is also pirate themed and would please MOST children. If you love pirates, this room is worth it!:mickey: