PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Mamma Melrose??

luvDaMouse
04-09-2009, 05:52 PM
We usually eat counter service in DHS. In the past I have eaten at Sci Fi and Prime Time. I was thinking about eating lunch at Mamma Melrose. What are your opinions on this restaurant? I went to info central and looked at the menu, looks good. What do you all think? anyone been there recently?:mickey:

GoofyforFun
04-09-2009, 06:39 PM
We had 9 peope last time. It was nice atmosphere and it was typical Italian Rest. Disney style.. Nothing to different.

marlaine
04-09-2009, 07:24 PM
MaMa Melrose is great! We've eaten there every time we go-3 years in a row! We're going to eat there this Sept. also. They have a great appetizer-breads and spreads. I've had their Penne in Vodka Sauce and their pork. Both are great! We like to go there because it's a little different from all of the character meals that we go to. Last year, for my son's birthday, our waiter even brought him a light-up pirate glass on the house! We've always had great service.:cool:

RedSoxFan
04-09-2009, 08:08 PM
We have eaten there on our last 2 visits. We love it and the atmosphere. Would most definitely go there again.

playdead88
04-09-2009, 08:15 PM
YUMMY! we love mama melroses :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-09-2009, 10:15 PM
We're on the other side, we ate at MM a couple of years ago, and will never go back.

It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either. The local Olive Garden would be better :)

The service was also just so-so, there are so many better places to eat at Disney.

JavaDuck
04-09-2009, 10:17 PM
I ate there last August during my trip to WDW. We used the Fantasmic Package. The Fantasmic package is a great deal if you are on the dining plan. You get an appetizer, entree, dessert, and beverage. I enjoyed the pork tenderloin I had.

However, we were not that happy with the service. The service was not bad, just very adequate and felt part of it was due to the fact that we were only a party of two.

We will eat there again. We are skipping it on our trip this year because it is only our second trip and want to try out a few other restaurants.

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
04-10-2009, 01:50 PM
We used to eat there every time we went starting in 2000 and it was great. We think it has slowly gone so far down hill we don't even consider eating there!! The service was NEVER good but the food made it worth the return trip. In 2004 the food slipped and we don't go at all.

Pluto*
04-11-2009, 05:40 AM
Mama Melrose is a regular stop for us on most every trip. We've always had good food and never a problem with service.

Hull-onian
04-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Good reviews everyone!!! Mama Melrose will be a place we will try soon.:thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
04-11-2009, 02:49 PM
I've eaten there several times and enjoyed it every time. Chicken parm = :tasty: