PDA

View Full Version : Online Check-in

Minnie4me
04-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Hi All,

I seen where someone mentioned something about Online Check-in.

How do I go about doing that?

What are the advantages and disadvantages (if any) to doing it?

Many Thanks!!

TammiMcMan
04-09-2009, 04:35 PM
You might find this thread helpful (plus it has links to other threads discussing the same subject), http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=151654

princessgirls
04-09-2009, 05:37 PM
I did the online check-in...

Advantage...

No one at the online window, packet was ready and so was my room by 11am.

Disadvantage...

No where to put a room request on the online check-in. Although I faxed a request, I don't think anyone even looked at it. But, our room was fine anyway, and ready at 11am!

Julie:mickey:

minniemoomoo
04-09-2009, 07:15 PM
I just used it for our trip in March. They have a separate line for those that checked in online. The other line was about 15 folks, mine was just me. I walked right up to the counter, and my packet was completely ready with everything inside. She asked if I had any questions, I replied no, we were good as we had season passes, and we headed to the park. We didn't have a room as yet, but I called later to get that. It was actually the best room! We couldn't believe how great it really was. I had put that I wanted to be near the food court/pool area. We were. Perfect location. I will always do the precheck in. Loved it!:mickey::thumbsup:

Minnie4me
04-10-2009, 06:25 AM
I had put that I wanted to be near the food court/pool area. We were. Perfect location. I will always do the precheck in. Loved it!:mickey::thumbsup:

Is there an area in the Online Check-in to request a certain room/location?

One of the posters said that there wasn't.

Thanks!

kakn7294
04-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Is there an area in the Online Check-in to request a certain room/location?

One of the posters said that there wasn't.

Thanks!When I did it back in March, there was a box in which I could type something. I have seen others say that there's nowhere to make requests but I took that box as the spot to make requests. I wasn't making any requests so I didn't put anything in there.

homeschool mom
04-10-2009, 08:39 AM
I just did this for our upcoming trip. As the pp mentioned, I also saw a box where you could type something in. I didn't use it as we are staying at CBR for the first time, and I don't really have a preference where we stay.

One week from today we'll be in the magic! :party:

Kerry823
04-10-2009, 08:41 AM
I used this for my last visit. At POP, there was not a separate line for on-line check in. I still had to wait in the mile long line. It did not take quite as long a normal check in when I got up to the desk because my packet was ready. However, I thought that there would be a separate line as mentioned by previous posters. I don't think it saved much time, if any, with the wait in line. Usually, I would not mind the stand in line, but this time I was there for only 2 days and every second was precious!:mickey: What resorts had a special line for on-line check in?

I was able to check a box indicating if I preferred my room closer to the food court or to transportation. I can't recall the other options but there weren't many and there was not place to type in requests. If I were staying my usual 10 days, I would probably wait and do the normal check-in to make sure I could ask for a room request. I prefer not to get a room that overlooks a parking lot for 10 days.

motherof4
04-10-2009, 09:26 PM
has anyone ever did online check in for all star music I am going in august and I want to do the online check in do they have a seperate line for it ?

TheVBs
04-11-2009, 08:49 AM
has anyone ever did online check in for all star music I am going in august and I want to do the online check in do they have a seperate line for it ?

I was just wondering the same thing! Has anyone done this for ASMu yet? I think I'm going to give it a try for our May trip. Don't know how much time it will save us. We're driving so we'll be getting in late when there probably won't be a line. But any time I can shave off between pulling up and getting to our room would be :thumbsup: .

sainter
04-12-2009, 07:29 AM
Did the online check in for All Star Sports a few weeks ago and there was a question regarding preferences but all it was was a drop downtype allowing you to choose a crib and something else, can't remember what, but nothing we needed or wanted. No place to request a connecting room or particular building or anything like that. For that reason, I am not sure it is worth doing... unless you are checking in at a typically busy time.

TammiMcMan
04-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Requests for particular buildings, connecting rooms, etc. should be on your original reservation. That gets downloaded to the resort 3-4 days prior to your arrival and it's what the room assignor see's. If the online check in is done, that information is taken and used to update your reservation and finalize your check in.

wdwfan
04-16-2009, 09:32 AM
Did online checkin March 1 & stayed at Pop. There was a separate line for this. Only one other person in the line. Everything was ready including our room at noon. Quick & easy.
There were three request options on the form, refrig, pacnplay, or near transportation. I checked the near transportation and our location was perfect. Any other requests should be made before you do online checkin.
Maybe mods and deluxe resorts have better options for putting in requests other than the three at values.

LarryBoy
04-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Ok, so far it sounds like some good experiences some bad. It sounds like the biggest advantage is if there is a separate line. So what we need to know from those of you who have used online check-in is how was your experience, and at which resort were you staying. I too am trying to decide if it's worth using for my upcoming July trip. We'll be staying at the WL and hopefully arriving by 10 am.
Thank you all for your info! :notworth:

marlaine
04-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Has anyone used it for the Poly?

KylesMom
04-17-2009, 11:58 AM
You know, we've never had to wait more than a few minutes to check in at WL (always arriving mid to late morning during summer season) and we look forward to speaking with the CMs on duty. We will also be requesting Flag Family during our stay, so it makes no sense to get in one line, get our "stuff", then get in another line to request Flag Family. We'll be skipping online check-in at WL. :mickey:

paragon
04-19-2009, 07:57 AM
I used it for our trip which is in 6 days, with no problems, so far. We'll see what happens when we get there, staying at All Star Movies.Our traveling companions however, have not used this yet and he has been having extreme difficulty, getting the message, ONLNE CHECK IN NOT AVAILABLE, PLEASE TRY LATER, he called, and they told hiim the same thing, with no other explaination. Has anyone else had this problem?

LarryBoy
04-20-2009, 10:42 AM
:muscles: bump :help:

Who else has used online check-in? How'd it go? Which resort were you at?

nifty48
04-29-2009, 10:17 PM
I used it for our trip which is in 6 days, with no problems, so far. We'll see what happens when we get there, staying at All Star Movies.Our traveling companions however, have not used this yet and he has been having extreme difficulty, getting the message, ONLNE CHECK IN NOT AVAILABLE, PLEASE TRY LATER, he called, and they told hiim the same thing, with no other explaination. Has anyone else had this problem?

My daughter had the same problem today when she tried to check in. She called reservations and found out they had the wrong phone number for her. Once she had the phone number correct she was able to check in online.

TheVBs
04-30-2009, 08:09 AM
My daughter had the same problem today when she tried to check in. She called reservations and found out they had the wrong phone number for her. Once she had the phone number correct she was able to check in online.

That's funny, because when I did our online check in, I noticed they had the wrong number listed for us. It wasn't even a number in this state! I have no idea how it ended up on our records. I was able to check in anyway, and I just changed it to the correct number. Weird!!

c&d
04-30-2009, 09:30 AM
We used it 2 out of 3 times last week. First was at POR. It worked fine. I didn't get the room I had requested, a ground floor room. Instead we were on the 3rd floor in the mansion section. Of course, we arrived at 1:00am so I'm sure all the ground floor rooms were already taken.

We then used it at VWL. I had requested ground floor, near transportation and we got exactly what we requested. We did check in at around noon.

I had forgotten to do on line for CSR and I had to stand in line to check in.

I was very pleased with how quickly the check in went.

nifty48
04-30-2009, 09:53 AM
That's funny, because when I did our online check in, I noticed they had the wrong number listed for us. It wasn't even a number in this state! I have no idea how it ended up on our records. I was able to check in anyway, and I just changed it to the correct number. Weird!!

How were you able to check in without a phone number? When my daughter tried to check in it asked for her reservation number and phone number and she kept getting the error message when the phone number she put in was not the one they had. She tried to check in in My Disney Vacation. Is there somewhere else you can check in without the phone number? Once she got in with the wrong number she was able to correct it but until she had the number they used she was not able to get to her phone number to change it.