Cast of Characters:
Me: Julie
DH: Fred
DD#1: Morgan 8
DD#2: Madison 7

Resort:
POFQ
March 21-28

We awake early and Fred and I have a scary thought... it's Thursday and we haven't made our way over to the Animal Kingdom yet. Our friends had a terrible morning there yesterday. It was HOT and crowded and they only got to do two things in their 5 hours there, but we haven't been over there at all.
We have a 9am ADR for the Princess Breakfast in Norway, and we are meeting our friends at 6:30 at Biergarten for some German fun, so that leaves a good chunk of the day for Animal Kingdom.
We enjoyed our breakfast with the Princesses. On duty this morning were Ariel, Cinderella... this is new, she used to only be at the castle for breakfast, Mulan, and Jasmine. This is a great breakfast!! The food is good here. We all left stuffed, and the girls really enjoyed their princess interaction.
We caught a bus over to Animal Kingdom, and headed right over to Kiliminjaro to get some fast passes. Today, we are just hitting the highlights. I do like Animal Kingdom, really I do, it's just a HOT day (always when I visit here) and we did not allocate a lot of time for AK this trip... the girls were just having too much fun in the other parks.
Grab our fast passes and we are off to Everest. We are going to have to ride standby. Wait is 40 minutes. It goes by pretty fast. Ride enjoyed by all, and we decide to do the single rider line because the girls want to do this again.
It's now our fastpass time for the safari. We had an excellent safari. Saw a lot of animals and interaction. Enjoyed it so much that we grab some more fastpasses to do it again in an hour!!
The girls love Kali River and Fred is a good man and takes them over there to. I sat under a shady tree and had a drink. When we meet up again, it is time for our another round of Safari. This time was even better. Both the Lion and Lioness were up and walking around. I find them so Regal. Just incredible. We hit it's tough to be a bug on the way out of the park, and unfortunately, this is all we are going to have time for this trip. I do feel bad, but think to myself, no one is complaining, and there is always another trip to see more.
Take a bus back over to Epcot from Animal Kingdom and make our way to Germany to meet up with our friends. WE LOVED THIS PLACE!! It was a ton of fun. Kids dancing to the ompah band, fun food, and :beer:. The nine of us had a great time!! Another first for our family,
We did some interactive stuff in the World Showcase after dinner, hopped on the Malestrom, and had a nice evening. I really can't put into words how beautiful the flower and garden festival is. Just breathtaking. I really enjoyed this! I do enjoy gardening and flowers, but this is just so creative and beautiful, and on such a large scale. Girls talk Fred and I into a another ride on Test Track on the way out of the park, so we do single riders. It worked out well for us. 15 minute wait. We had a busy day so decided to skip illuminations, as the girls wanted to get back to the resort to swim.
We had a busy and really fun day! Oh, how I love my Disney vacation days!
Julie:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Wow! What a busy day! I'm glad had a great day :mickey:

the other micki
04-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Glad you had another fun-filled day! Sounds like the girls are getting plenty of princess time!

Hull-onian
04-10-2009, 05:53 PM
That was an awesome day :cloud9:

vizsla
04-11-2009, 05:41 AM
Thanks for the report.

mouseketeer mom
04-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi Julie! We didn't even make it to AK on our last trip and no one even cared, so thats great you got some time in there! I agree about Biergarten..we went there for the second time on our trip last month for my DD's BD, tons of fun!

pdrlkr
04-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

yjgirl32
04-13-2009, 08:47 AM
I too loved seing the Flowers when we were there. I'm definately not a flower person but that was one of my favorite parts of the trip. Thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
04-13-2009, 11:54 AM
what a great day!! very busy day!! but sounded like such fun!! :mickey:

faline
04-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Goodness! A lot of traveling around this day but it really worked out for you and you were able to get in some fun highlights at Animal Kingdom!