PDA

View Full Version : What kind of food stuff do they sell in the resort stores?

luvDaMouse
04-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I am doing a bit of "overthinking" as I do when it gets closer to my vacation... that said I am trying to decide whether to order from Garden Grocer or use DVC grocery service or take a taxi to grocery store or give up and just eat at food court everyday!! We will be at SSR in 1br villa, I would like to eat breakfast in. Nothing elaberate just eggs, bagel, english muffins juice etc. (maybe snack at night) I don't want to over-order and have to much that we end up not eating. Does anyone know what the extent of food items they sell in resort? I would like to buy case of water also. Not sure if it is worth it to pay the 12$ for garden grocer?? plus after reading a recent post I am alittle leary:confused: any suggestions would be helpful:mickey:

PlutoPlanet
04-08-2009, 12:02 PM
We haven't stayed at SSR, but we have at BW several times. The store there has milk, eggs, english muffins juice, bread for toast, pancake mix, bacon (I believe). Even though the food costs 25% more at the resort, we get breakfast foods there. One exception is that I usually bring a box of cereal as th selection at the resort is small.

PlutoPlanet
04-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Is the tap water from the resorts not good enough for drinking? I don't need Poland Spring water just for its taste.

luvDaMouse
04-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Is the tap water from the resorts not good enough for drinking? I don't need Poland Spring water just for its taste.

My husband likes bottled water, but I always buy a bottle to take to resorts/golf I thought it would be cheaper to buy a case than to buy a bottle or two everyday at parks (at 2.50 per bottle)

Friend of Figment
04-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Do they sell butter? I'm thinking along the same lines as the OP.