PDA

View Full Version : Disneyfan's Anniversary Celebration - Pre Trip Report

disneyfan328
04-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Hi everyone -:wave:

I have never done one of these before, but its getting so close and I am so excited I am about to burst! I thought that writing this might help to calm me some!

Cast
Me - 36 :minnie2:- Huge Disney fan since I was a kid. I love everything about Disney especially seeing my kids faces walking down main street.

DH - 40:mickey2: - He also loves Disney as much as me and can't wait to escape reality for 10 days. He is Mr. Mom & works nights and takes care of the kids during the day while I work.

DD - 9 :princess:- She is a drama queen/diva by nature but is a great kid and loves the Princesses and anything girly but she has a tomboy side too (funniest picture I have of her is her riding her little brothers batterpowered ATV in her princess gear including tiara and shoes!

DS - 7 :soccer:- Loves soccer, wrestling & monster trucks and of course all of the Disney movies especiallly Cars - his whole room is done in that theme. I swear I think he watches that movie at least 2x a week. DS has battled with some health issues most of his little life but thanks to some great new dr's he hasn't been in the hospital for 1 1/2 years!! It's truly a milestone for us.

Trip is taking place 5/1 - 5/10 and we are staying at All Star Movies Preferred location.
DS and I both have severe Asthma so being able to get to the room quick and easy is important to us. I know the kids will just love the larger than life movie icons. A HUGE SHOUT OUT TO DENISE AT MAGICAL JOURNEYS!!! She's the best and really helped me when some issues came up and we almost had to cancel the trip!! She was able to do her thing and get the trip moved a week later so she really went above and beyond and saved our families vacation - Thanks Denise!!!

:secret: It's still a secret though - the kids don't yet know that we are going (he he) We are telling them this weekend at Easter. I took one of the pictures that I took of the castle last time we were there and had it made into a puzzle that says "Happy Easter - The Magic Awaits us in May!!" We have all of the pieces in plastic easter eggs to be found as part of our easter egg hunt Sunday before dinner. They think that we are taking our yearly trip to the Outer Banks in June so I hope that they are not too disappointed!!

Oldest DD - 19 almost 20 can't go with us this year. too much going on with college and she is heading to California for 2 weeks this summer so she is saving her $$ for that. The kids will be disappointed that she won't be going with us but I hope that won't last too long.

Flight out is on Friday @6:50 am and we are to arrive at MCO at 9am taking Me to ASMov and then the plan is to eat lunch at the Food Court and head to DHS for the day. (We got the QS dining plan for this trip so a few meals will be oop) It's a Grad night so they close early which is ok with us. We are heading to DTD for Dinner at PH that night.

Saturday we are going to Epcot to Celebrate our wedding anniversary to enjoy the Flower and Garden Festival and have a Celebration Dinner At Teppan Edo (we wanted to do this last trip but it was closed due to refurb.)

Sunday and Monday are both scheduled for Magic Kingdom I know that we will hit Cosmic Rays and probably Pinnochios for meals at some point and I can't wait for an Auntie Gravities Smoothie!

Tuesday we are headed to Sea World:dolphin: for the day and thanks to Intercot's sponsor Quicksilver the transportation is all set! The kids won't know about this part until we get in the car instead of heading for the bus - just one more little surprise for them.

Wednesday is AK day they have EMH that night and I have heard that even without the animal attractions that the park is pretty cool at night so we are going to give it a try - we may try the new picnic in the park meal as well and I know that DH wants to try FTBB. I want to see Nemo again and also FOTLK as we missed this last trip

Thursday we are headed back to DHS - hopefully early enough for a fast pass for TSM - dinner is pizza planet for sure as the kids love this place!

Friday and Saturday we are leaving as open to be able to head back to where ever we want to go. We don't have park hoppers this time. We bought them for our only 2 previous trip and never used them. If we need a break from the parks we will head back for swimming and then go to the same park later. We planned park days around spectromagic and Fantasmic as well as a few EMH so we hope it works out. I just can't see the extra $200.00 for something we probaly won't use. If we end up needing it due to crowds we can add it on down there.

Sunday is an open day as well as our flight doesn't leave until 8pm I know at some point I want to do some shopping at DTD and ride the Charaters in Flight. I would love to do it during the day and at night but we'll see and oh a salad from Earl of Sandwich is also a must do for me.

Its been :snowball: here this week so I am ready for some Florida sunshine for sure!!!

I will try to update everyone when we get back on any of the new things that we try like the QSDP and Characters in Flight and the Picnic in the Park.
23 more days!!!! Will be packing this next week (the suitcases are already pretty much filled but I have to keep hiding everything so the kids don't see) I can't wait to have the secret out so I am really get things done. I can't wait to use the new Disney Luggage that my DD got me for Christmas!

SBETigg
04-08-2009, 11:02 AM
It's very exciting! I leave soon, too. Your plans sound wonderful. The kids will be so thrilled!

KylesMom
04-08-2009, 02:26 PM
What a great trip plan you've put together! You're going to have a great time. The kids are absolutely going to FLIP! :mickey:

DizNee143
04-08-2009, 02:48 PM
sounds like its going to be a great trip!! i hope the surprise goes well with your kids!! cant wait to read all about it when you get back!!:mickey:

PrettyMinnie
04-08-2009, 03:42 PM
I loved when my mom would surprise us! Your kids will be thrilled! Have an amazing trip. We will be heading down later on in the month, so come back and let us know how it went!

vizsla
04-09-2009, 05:26 AM
Have a great time. :thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
04-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Sounds like a great plan. Have a wonderful trip.:mickey:

disneyfan328
04-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Well today was the big reveal and I must say that the kids seemed a little dumbfounded at first, but they seem a lot more excited first. maybe it was just too much - Easter morning with baskets and candy and the big easter egg hunt and then putting the puzzle together with all of the family here. maybe it was just too much all at once but now that things have calmed down here some they are asking lots of questions and seem very excited - I showed them some pictures of All Star Movies and that did the trick. They can't wait to get there. only 3 weeks to go 18 days to be exact!! DD Paige asked if we were going to get to go to Sea World this time and I told her we weren't sure, that we would have to see. I almost told her, but decided to keep that as a surprise.

I just can't wait to get there and have my break from reality!!!!! I may never come home!!! :mickey::cloud9:

SBETigg
04-12-2009, 08:40 PM
It was probably all a little overwhelming at first, but so exciting once the realization took over! You're going to have so much fun! And yes, you may not want to come home. Let us know if you decide to stay there. :cool: Looking forward to more reports.

yjgirl32
04-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Sounds great! Have a very magical trip.

faline
04-13-2009, 07:03 PM
I'll bet you've got a couple of weeks of kids who can't wait to get to Disney! What a great Easter surprise!

Niecyboo
04-13-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm glad you posted about the kids Easter surprise. I was going to email you and see how it went. I can never keep a Disney secret until this close! I loved the puzzle idea.

disneyfan328
04-14-2009, 08:00 AM
Thanks, it did work out great and now they can't stop talking about it which I knew would happen! Its ok though I can deal with it for 17 more days!!

The only thing I would do different with the puzzle is use a different photo. I used one I had taken on a nice clear day of the Castle so with the blue sky and bluish gray castle with very little else in the picture made it a little hard to put together - the whole family helped out until we got a good bit of it together for them. Either that or find a place that would do a puzzle that is less pieces like a kids puzzle. That would definetly have been better.

We are showing them pictures of the resort on the internet and just last night we measured my son and with shoes on his is just over 48inches tall :cool:so he should be good on RNR and Primeval Whirl which he was too short for last time!!!!

DD is a little afraid of flying again (she keeps referencing the NY plan that crashed in the Hudson) but we are reassuring her that you heard about one plane that went down but everyone was ok, there are 1,000's of planes that take off and land everyday. You hear more about car accidents than planes, and you still get in the car everyday right? She has a nintendo DS that she got for Christmas so I told her that she can take that to play the whole way down and they each just got a new game for theirs in the Easter basket so hopefully all of those things will help.

she couldn't wait to tell the girls at Dance class last night. Her teacher is jealous and wants to come with us! paige told her she would pack her in her carry on!:thumbsup:

Thanks again for all of the replies we are very excited now and just can't wait for it to get here. I hope that the next 17 days go fast and then the 10 days we are there go veeeerrrryy sssssllllllooooooowwwww.

:mickey:

NJGIRL
04-14-2009, 10:21 AM
I feel the same way about the park hoppers. We never would use them so we haven't gotten them on our last 6 trips and we haven't been sorry.

Have a great trip

BluewaterBrad
04-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Sounds like you have a great trip planned. Have fun!!:mickey: