PDA

View Full Version : Any WDW Resort that you would love go to but never been ?

RAIDER
04-08-2009, 03:48 AM
Mine would be the Contemporary and the Beach & Yacht Club .....
One for pure nostalgia and the other because it looks so laid back :thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
04-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Mine would be the Poly.
I'm hopeful on our next trip -- although, not sure when that will be.

GINNY69
04-08-2009, 07:28 AM
I would love to stay at the Floridian but way out of my price range. However I think the Contemporary would be cool to stay at..

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-08-2009, 07:57 AM
The Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge

sassy2000
04-08-2009, 08:02 AM
I have always wanted to stay at the Poly. Hopefully our 10 yr anniv in 2011 will give me that chance.:mickey:

yjgirl32
04-08-2009, 08:05 AM
I would have to say the Poly or AKL. I would love to see animals roaming from my balcony- I too am hopeful for our 10 yr anniversary.

IloveDisney71
04-08-2009, 08:17 AM
I would love to stay at the AKL. I would want a savannah view so I could look at the animals. It is a beautiful resort. I went to Boma's once and would love to be able to stay there.

SBETigg
04-08-2009, 08:21 AM
The Animal Kingdom Lodge intrigues me. I would like to stay there at some point. Also, the Beach Club. But when I think of leaving my favorite Grand Floridian for other resorts, I can't quite seem to make the change. The few times we've stayed elsewhere, we haven't been disappointed, but we have really missed that feeling we get when we stay at the GF. It's tough to break away.

like2workout
04-08-2009, 08:51 AM
i really want to stay at wilderness lodge! i've tried twice and they've been totally booked up, but at some point i'll be there!

Mousemates
04-08-2009, 08:59 AM
I would love to stay at any of the WDW resorts we haven't been to...we've tried quite a few and enjoyed our stay everywhere we have been. Hopefully, we'll eventually get to do them all.

cmsizzlin
04-08-2009, 09:04 AM
We always stay off-site but I am hoping I can book a trip in Jan/Feb 2010 w/just my sister and I and would definitely pick AKL to stay at if only for a 3day weekend. My sister would love waking up in the am and standing on the balcony looking at the animals.

Wishful thinking so far but dreaming of course

SunnyLee
04-08-2009, 09:27 AM
I would def LOVE to stay at the Poly or Saratoga Springs. I've stayed at the Boardwalk when it first opened and loved it..so I'd def do that again too!

diz_girl
04-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Mine would be (in the following order) GF, BC and AKL. The first because I love the feeling that I get when I walk around the grounds of the resort, the second because I've never been there and it looks nice and realxing (plus SB), and the third because it is just so different from the others.

laprana
04-08-2009, 09:36 AM
I'd love to stay at the Beach Club or Boardwalk! I really like the atmosphere at both and think they both have a great location. Will be trying AKV for the first time this May and can't wait! I've wanted to stay there since the first time I visited about 4 years ago!

vicster
04-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Beach Club or Boardwalk because of their location to Epcot

c&d
04-08-2009, 10:02 AM
We've never stayed at the Poly. We've always wanted to stay there.

KatMark
04-08-2009, 10:17 AM
We've only stayed at four of the Disney resorts (CR, Poly, All Star Sports and CSR). The only one we still want to try is the AKL (savannah view).

FenwayGirl
04-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Like many others.. the Poly is my dream. I have a hard time justifying the cost when we really don't spend much of our time at the resorts. We basically use the room to sleep and shower.

MickeyMousse
04-08-2009, 10:23 AM
I'd love to stay at the Grand Floridian.

My DS's have dreams of staying at the Contemporary.

someday...............

:cloud9:

marylynne95
04-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Poly or AKL (Savannah View)

Maybe someday...:cloud9:

Mistli78
04-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Mine would be the Poly as well, it just looks so beautiful. But I've always wanted to stay at the Boardwalk too because their is so much to do & it is walking distance to Epcot!!

KylesMom
04-08-2009, 10:48 AM
The Poly is the resort I'd like to stay at the most that my family has never been to. Unfortunately, the rates have always been out of reach with the length of our stays. I guess I've never felt strongly enough to shorten our vacation a few days to stay there. :mickey: Maybe someday! :marg:

maxrebo77
04-08-2009, 02:57 PM
The GF for me. My first night tradition is to watch Wishes at Narcoosee. When I was there last, I took the time to wander the grounds, lay in a hammock on the beach, enjoy the band and piano player in the lobby, etc. My dessert trip to GF Cafe was great, and I have enjoyed afternoon tea at Garden View before. I would like to stay there once, even if just for a night. And no matter how impressive the lobby is, you can still take a snooze on a couch:D
In the mean time, completing stays at the Values with a trip to ASMovies in Sept.

May all your Wishes and Dreams come true!

twinboyz
04-09-2009, 10:19 AM
I would love to stay at Poly. When we stayed at AKL we had Savannah view and that was fabulous too! Someday we'll do that again I hope!

pox24
04-09-2009, 10:25 AM
We have stayed at every resort on property at least 3 times ... except one. The Dolphin. We're going in two weeks. Can't wait.

morebroccoli
04-09-2009, 10:27 AM
the POLY. we've never stayed there but always find ourselves eating, shopping and walking around the resort every single trip. i have loved the mood there for years and years and only dreamed of staying there. i think this Sept we will actually be staying there for the 1st time. I WONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF!! AHh!!:cloud9:

illini
04-09-2009, 10:52 AM
I'd love to stay at the Contemporary with MK view. At this point, though, I am hesitant to stay anywhere but the Poly. Someday, though.

maizey05
04-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Any of the deluxes, as we've never been able to stay there. (We have a moderate resort budget....well actually more of a value one, but we splurge for the upgrade.) I would love to stay at the Contemporary, or Poly. Maybe one of these days.

AdventurerKim
04-09-2009, 12:21 PM
I would love to stay at Grand Floridian! Maybe some day...:cloud9:

tinkerted
04-09-2009, 02:05 PM
the grand floridian with a view of the castle at concierge level:stitch2::stitch2::stitch2::minnie::tink:

ASweetLov
04-09-2009, 02:17 PM
The Grand Floridian! but the only way I could ever stay there would be if I won the lottery. Reality is that I wont be able to afford anything more than a value resort but it makes me happy that I can afford that and I absolutely LOVE Pop Century :D

buzz2001
04-09-2009, 02:29 PM
AKL, Beach Club and Poly!!

Septbride2002
04-09-2009, 04:30 PM
The new Treehouse Villas but I don't ever see the need to use that many points when we really won't need that much space. Plus like Sherri I can't seem to leave my home resort of the Boardwalk :D

~Amanda

LudwigVonDrake
04-11-2009, 05:23 PM
The Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge.

dmosher
04-11-2009, 08:18 PM
I wouldn't mind trying the Grand Floridian for a night or two. Maybe... it's hard to say. We stayed at the Yacht and Beach Club Villas and were kind of disappointed. Just not as great of a resort as we hoped for, despite the amazing location. I think we are just spoiled by the WL Villas. Calm quiet and just a quick boat/bus ride to everything. Nope, we may just stay there forever!
:pipes:
D

TheVBs
04-12-2009, 09:07 AM
After reading some comments here, I now want to try POP and ASMo. I've always wanted to try AKL and WL and after talking to a very fun, informative CM while making some reservation changes, I now also would love to try the Poly and CSR. :mickey:

Nicki'sMom
04-12-2009, 09:31 AM
For some reason, if I had my pick of any of them to try it would be CR. I love the location and the refurb looks SO nice. And how great would it be to roll out of bed and be at Chef Mickeys!

luvDaMouse
04-12-2009, 11:05 AM
As an adult I have always wanted to stay at the Poly. But when I first went to MK in 1976 I always talked about staying in the resort the monorail "went" through!:mickey:

javamama
04-13-2009, 12:29 AM
GF it's the only monorail resort I've never stayed at, plus dh really wants to stay there for some reason so I think we'll try it next but I do love the Poly so much:cloud9:

tjstrike
04-15-2009, 02:17 AM
AKL - savannah view

BLT - MK view

BMan62
04-15-2009, 08:25 AM
AKL - savannah view

BLT - MK view

:ditto:

Disney Yankee
04-18-2009, 11:21 AM
I would love to stay at the Grand Floridian, but it is just so expensive. I try to get there every time I visit, just to be there. Next visit, we are going to the Tea!

dismommy
04-18-2009, 11:27 AM
I want to stay at the Beach Club (storm along bay looks light so much fun), Contemporary (my DS loves the fact that the monorail goes thru the building, and AKL. Hopefully someday, right now we stay at the moderates.

amd780
04-18-2009, 11:58 AM
I would love to stay at AKL for the theming, and BC for Stormalong Bay. I'm also very excited to try both Pop Century and the Poly for the first time in September!

buzznwoodysmom
04-18-2009, 03:26 PM
The one resort we've always, always wanted to stay at is the Poly. This year I am surprising my family with 3 nights at the Poly in November before checking into BC for Thanksgiving week. They have no idea we are staying any place other than BC. The other 2 resorts we've loved visiting and would love to stay at one day are AKL and BC. We are accomplishing all three this year. We are staying at AKL for one night before our CBR stay in June (arriving the day before and wanted someplace with a nice pool and good dining options), and are staying at BC in November for 7 nights, after the above mentioned 3 nights at the Poly. This must be our lucky year! With DH leaving for Iraq next year I wanted to try and make this year's vacations memorable and special.

dreamfinder55
04-18-2009, 03:31 PM
I would love to stay at the Poly, but I just don't see that happening if I want to go to Walt Disney World at all.:papple:

TeamJonasSister
04-18-2009, 03:34 PM
I would love to stay at the animal kingdom lodge.

TheMartellFamily
04-18-2009, 05:30 PM
The one I would love to stay at is Contemporary Tower MK view. The other one I would love to try is AK Savannah View. I think it would be really cool to sit and watch the animals.

tjstrike
04-22-2009, 04:18 AM
Any of the monorail resorts or AKL w/ savannah view.

Charlee
04-22-2009, 06:36 AM
Like many posters I would love to stay at the Poly. Every trip I like to have a look round, shop in the Boutiki and wander round such a beautiful resort. It would be my dream to be able to get up on a morning and zip across to MK on the monorail... :cloud9:

My next choice would be Beach Club, would love to be that close to Epcot and the conveience to Boardwalk would be lovely.

One day maybe the budget will stretch but for the time being I'm quite happy with Pop and to be going to Disney this year! :thumbsup:

ShanPooh
04-24-2009, 11:55 PM
Polynesian
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Treehouse Villas (for a day or two)
Port Orleans Riverside

deedeebee
04-25-2009, 05:01 AM
We would love to go to the CR and the WL. We plan to hit them all before we're through.

Tigger&Stitch
04-25-2009, 06:47 AM
Would be cool to stay in the "Aotearoa" (the original Maori word for New Zealand) building at Poly, since I live in NZ now.

Have always wanted to stay in the Grand Floridian too, but like for many others, the cost is just too prohibitive (and we are now in the DVC).

The new treehouses would be fun!

dream6
04-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Probably the Boardwalk or Animal Kingdom Lodge. We went to Boma's on our last trip and it was a lot of fun to see the resort - the lobby is amazing.

tinksmom02
04-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Well, the Poly tops my list, but I only have to wait until September!
Other resorts I'd like to try:
Treehouse Villas
Beach Club
Grand Floridian
Wilderness Lodge
Contemporary
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Of course, i probably won't get to try them all in that order :blush: or maybe at all.

thumperbug
04-26-2009, 11:11 AM
My top choose would be AKL followed by Poly.

As a Disney travel agent I would love to try all the resorts at least once.
I've stayed at 6 resorts, GF(3 times), WL (3 times), SSR (1), BW (1) ,BC (1) , CBR (1)

forever a child
04-26-2009, 01:27 PM
AKL, trying to make it happen:thumbsup:

TikiLounger
04-28-2009, 12:53 PM
We plan on staying at The Contemporary after our next trip to the Beach Club. I always choose to stay at the Polynesian but my husband wants to try different resorts. I'm also intrigued by the Treehouses in Saratoga Springs. We may have to try one too, sometime in the future.

vicster
04-28-2009, 01:01 PM
I think I'm going to start a "Bucket List" that will include staying at every Disney resort.

Daddy Mouse
04-29-2009, 10:10 AM
{Beach Club, Poly, GF, WL, AKL} DW just doesn't want to put out the extra cash. It was all I could do to convince her to stay at POFQ for our 25th Anniversary.

hokies4life
04-29-2009, 12:16 PM
I've stayed at most of the resorts with my mom already. But one I would pick that I haven't stayed at would be Poly :papple: or POR.

But my list has kind of been reset since now I've started going with my fiance. I know he wants to stay at Contemporary, Polynesian, and AKL. I think they'll be different experiences being there with him instead of with my family.

:chipdale:

cinderella crazy
04-29-2009, 01:25 PM
I would have to pick the Yacht and Beach Club. Maybe someday we'll get to stay there.

RAIDER
05-07-2009, 11:06 AM
I think i would now like to add on the Saratoga Tree Villas now .Its looks amazing :thumbsup:

Tygger7
05-07-2009, 11:11 AM
I'd love to stay at Poly at least once...but I have such a hard time thinking about not staying at WL. :cloud9: I'd also like to stay at the Beach Club & Boardwalk someday.

DizNee143
05-07-2009, 01:47 PM
well i dont really have one anymore..
for the longest time..i always wanted to stay at the Contemporary..it was a really big dream for me..and i FINALLY got to stay there for my honeymoon..and it was everything i thought it would be...and i would love to stay there again one day..but who knows if i could ever afford it again!
the only other resort i really really wanted to stay at is the Widerness Lodge..and we will be staying there for our trip in Sept!! cant wait..
granted..there are still some resorts i havent stayed at and i wouldnt mind staying at any of them..but im not really pushing for it..:mickey:

crltkcagle
05-07-2009, 01:51 PM
the grand floridian or AKL

ChewyStriker
05-07-2009, 02:09 PM
I'd love to stay at the Poly. I crave the tropical feel and proximity to the MK and I know my son would love more frequent trips on the monorail.

caryrae
05-07-2009, 02:38 PM
I would pick...

ASMusic
ASSports
POFQ
POR
CSR (going this year)
CBR
AKL (going this year)
BC
YC
BW
CONTEMP.
GF
POLY
OKW
SSR
WL
SWAN
DOLPHIN

I would like to try all of them but have only stayed at POP and ASMovies so far.

Mickey91
05-07-2009, 11:55 PM
1. Grand Floridian
2. Boardwalk
3. Yacht and Beach Club
4. FW Cabins

Soul_Power
05-08-2009, 03:04 PM
I would love to stay at the Poly or AKL. I love the feel at the Poly, and AKL is just jaw-dropping! One day..... :mickey:

For now, Pop Century will have to do (and I have no complaints about it)!

PopeCharming
05-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Animal Kingdom Lodge- I was struck by its brilliant themeing when I went to dinner at Boma. (I assume 'go to' means 'stay at' rather than 'set foot on'!).

playdead88
05-12-2009, 03:18 PM
my first choice fo sho would be the poly - and my second would be a mk view at the bay lake towers :thumbsup:

cgriff
05-12-2009, 10:29 PM
I would have loved to have tried the planned-and-advertised(-but-never-built) Disney's Asian Resort and Disney's Persian Resort.

The Grand Floridian was ultimately built on the land where the Asian was originally planned to be, and Wilderness Lodge was built where the Persian was originally supposed to be located. Both of those properties turned out swell, so I can't say that WDW management made any wrong decisions there, but the huge, blue onion-shaped dome of the Persian Resort's central structure, or the tall, slender shapes of the Asian Resort's towers would have looked cool rising over the Disney waterways...

i'm grumpy
05-13-2009, 08:16 PM
PO RIverside. Can't find the time to even visit.

brownie
05-14-2009, 07:20 AM
Contemporary Resort
Polynesian Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Saratoga Springs Resort
Boardwalk Inn