PDA

View Full Version : Third Theme Park? When, if ever?

special k
04-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Does anyone know what the scoop is on a third theme park being constructed at the Disneyland Resort? I have heard countless rumors but no real concrete information. I am thinking of purchasing ownership in the DVC at the Grand Californian and thought the addition of a new theme park might make it even more worth it :mickey:

Thanks for any information you can impart...

NotaGeek
04-07-2009, 11:29 PM
There is nothing currently in the works that has been publicized. considering that WDI is spending GAZILLION dollars on DCA its doubtful it will be anytime soon ... who knows, they do own property caddy-corner to the resort. The rumor about a 3rd park has been going on forever.

JPL
04-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Maybe after they fix DCA a 3rd park will go back on the burner but not until then. Some previous rumours even have it being a waterpark to fill out the resort experience instead of a traditional park.

BrerGnat
04-09-2009, 04:21 PM
The only real feasible thing they could build in the space they own would be a waterpark.

However, given the climate, it wouldn't be able to be a year round operation, UNLESS they enclose it, which I suppose is possible, but would be pretty costly.

There are a few waterparks around here (Wild Rivers, Knott's Soak City, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor) and they all operate on a seasonal basis only.

However, I think a Disney waterpark in Anaheim would be awesome, and TOTALLY a draw, considering that, in the immediate vicinity to Disneyland resort, there is nothing like that available.