PDA

View Full Version : Room locations at the contemporary

angyl15
04-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Are there multiple buildings at the contemporary? I have never stayed there but am considering it for my upcoming December trip. Is it a far walk from the garden rooms to the food court/monorail? For those who have stayed at both, is it a comparable walk as you have to the food court or bus stops at POFQ?

It will be 3 adults with a 5, 2 and 1 yr old so we want to stay at the contemporary for the convenience, but if it is as far of a walk to transportation then it probably is not worth it huh?

Thanks so much in advance for your responses!

pluto 77
04-07-2009, 01:10 PM
There are 3 buildings at the Contemporary. There is the main tower, the South Wing (garden view), and now the new DVC resort Bay Lake Towers.
I have stayed at the CR a few times adn have stayed in the main tower each time, but I do not believe that it was a very far walk at all. You just have to go up the elevator to get on the monorail and go to the food court, or you can walk right through the lobby to the busses. It is also just a 5-10 min walk to the Magic Kingdom, which would be great if you have little ones and dont want to wait for transportation.
Hope I was of some help! We love the Contemporary!! :)

TammiMcMan
04-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Here is the resort layout if that helps you get your bearings, http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/contemporary07.JPG . Some of the garden rooms are a bit of a walk to the monorail and main area. You have to walk outside, but it is covered.

Monorail_Red
04-07-2009, 05:11 PM
I've always stayed in the tower rooms and I love how everything is together in one building. Just walk over to the elevators and take it to the 4th floor and everything is there.

I've never stayed in the Garden wing...but I do know that it isn't too far of a walk to the tower.

scootch713
04-07-2009, 06:41 PM
We stayed in the garden wings once and I requested to be close to the main building due to having small children(and only one adult going, me--- mommy) We had like the third or fourth room in. not a far walk at all and you will love the convenience of the monorail. The tower is the closest without any walk, but if you dont' want to spend that extra, the garden is a great choice.

cindchan
04-07-2009, 08:06 PM
I stayed in the garden room and just loved it! I was on the ground floor, so I had a patio. And it was a very near the beach, so I could run out to watch the light pageant. ^_^

I was roughly in the middle of the garden wing, and it wasn't that long of a walk(though it sure did feel like it coming back at the end of the day). It's only a few minute walk and when it's warm and sunny, it's a great walk outside. :thumbsup: