PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Paris this summer

nana2317
04-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Has anyone been there recently ? I was there 15 years ago when it opened and I'm going back this June. Just looking for general impressions and tips. Thanks !

Mammabruski
04-07-2009, 11:03 AM
There is another website dedicated to all things Disney and on it a gentleman is doing a detailed blog about Disneyland Paris. I'll pm you the information.:mickey:

Zawadi
04-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Every thing is within easy walking distance. We've stayed at both the Disneyland Hotel (70 steps from hotel to turnstile) and the New York Hotel (7 min walk).

The Disneyland hotel is within the security perimeter so when you arrive at Marne-la-Valee station get the shuttle to the hotel entrance. We made the mistake of walking thriugh security and they wanted the cases opened :blush:.

In our opinion the differences are:

Disneyland Park

DLP's Buzzlightyear is better as the laser cannons are hand held.
DLP's Space Mounatin is better as this is a full inverting rollercoaster with standard 2 across seating.
The sleeping beauty story told in stained glass windows is lovely.
We prefer the effects in DLP's Phantom Manor to WDW's.

Studios

RnRC is a different track layout to WDW's HS
ToT opened last year with the same layout as Disneyland California.
DLP has a ride based on the film Armageddon
Animagique is a must see

Zawadi
04-08-2009, 04:36 PM
I forgot to say that in the Disneyland Park, The Lion King show is a must see. However, the theatre is small and timed tickets are distributed throughout the day. Performances are either in French or English. However, the French version has all of the songs in English.