PDA

View Full Version : Customized maps

akaDisneyDreamer
04-06-2009, 11:09 PM
I have a vacation planned and ordered customized maps and have not received them. No one at the Disney phone number can help me get them (I totally get the run around being transferred) and no one ever answers my email inquiries. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you handle it?

javamama
04-06-2009, 11:18 PM
I had an issue a few years ago, I emailed them and they arrived pretty quickly. Let me check and see if I have the addy still in my book. BRB

javamama
04-06-2009, 11:21 PM
[email protected]

is who I sent it too, and they did help me out. Come to think of it I ordered ours awhile ago, and nada yet too:confused: HTH

akaDisneyDreamer
04-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Thanks! I'll try inquiring there! I appreciate your help!

Insanity Clause
04-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Don't forget if you don't get them in time you can always print them out yourselves.

It usually takes about 3 weeks.

beksy
04-07-2009, 01:27 PM
I love the customized maps but I never take them on trips. I put mine in picture frames and have them up. I just use the regular park maps on trips. I think it usually takes about a month to get mine.

PrettyMinnie
04-08-2009, 03:27 PM
How long ago did you order them? We ordered ours and they came about 3 weeks later.

akaDisneyDreamer
04-09-2009, 08:59 AM
I ordered them on March 7th. My daughter, who booked our trip, actually ordered some in November which never arrived! So, since you can only order every 6 months, I used my sign up and ordered again and of course, we didn't get those either. I used the email offered on this thread and haven't gotten a response yet from that either. I know they have maps there, but, I, too, wanted them for the keepsake factor. And they just won't look quite the same if I print them off at home. Anyone have any other ideas?

crltkcagle
04-09-2009, 09:25 AM
My hubby ordered some too and we got them. Took about a month to get them. He hung them up in frames. Only thing is there are two parks on one map (back and front) so we cant display all four parks in the frames.

BMan62
04-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Where do you live? If you are outside the US, you cannot get them sent to you.

Other than that, unless your address is incorrect on your account, you should have had no problem getting them.

akaDisneyDreamer
04-09-2009, 07:08 PM
I live in Wyoming USA! I checked the address I entered and it is correct. I'm very frustrated at the lack of help on Disney's part. I have called and written several times and can't get an answer! I appreciate all of your advice here on the board.

dmosher
04-09-2009, 11:16 PM
It's too bad you can't have them sent to you outside of the US. Living here in New Zealand, we can't get the Disney Travel DVD either. The personalized maps look nice too, are they really flash enough to frame for the wall?
:pipes:
D

morebroccoli
04-10-2009, 12:47 AM
i cant even get the Disney website to respond to me clicking the "send me my maps now" button. i got everything else filled out til that point then when i click that final button, nothing happens. i have gone back several days in a row and still the same thing. maybe they are secretly removing clickable links to make us all go slowly crazy and at the same time saving them a stamp and 3 cents worth of paper. :D

akaDisneyDreamer
04-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Eventhough Disney will not respond to my numerous inquries about where's my maps ... I think I have finally figured out what went wrong with the second order. My daughter ordered maps in December and they never arrived (I haven't figured that part out yet) and although I used my log on this time, I requested the maps delivered to the same address and I just noticed that it says only one order per address within 6 months. Maybe that is the problem. So, now my other daughter signed up and ordered them and requested they be sent to her dad's address, so ... maybe we will get them before we leave.

Daddy Mouse
04-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Sorry to hear you haven't received your maps yet. We usually have a problem because live in a small town and have a PO Box. Most places including Disney want a physical address. We always have to make sure we add our PO Box # or we will not get any delivery.

akaDisneyDreamer
04-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Yay! I finally received my maps! It only took about 6 weeks ...