PDA

View Full Version : I have a new favorite resort!

alaMode
04-06-2009, 06:43 PM
We just returned from our third annual trip to WDW. For the past 2 years, we have stayed at the Polynesian and enjoyed it very much.

This year we stayed in a preferred room at the Pop Century and we LOVED it! Our room was on the first floor in the 60s building, right next to the giant Baloo. We loved the convenience of being on the first floor just steps from the Hippy Dippy pool.

We thought the Everything Pop! food court was far superior to Captain Cook's. It was just as inefficient, but since it is much bigger, it didn't feel as crowded.

The transportation was excellent--we never waited more than 10 miinutes for any bus, coming or going.

The room was smaller than the Poly rooms, but sufficient for a family of 4.

Best of all--we finally received some towel animals from mousekeeping!

We loved the colorful energy of Pop and we can't wait to return next year!

Tess
poly 07
poly 08
pop 09
looking forward to pop 10!

TheVBs
04-06-2009, 06:58 PM
That's wonderful! Sounds like you had a great time! :mickey:

Pop Centurion
04-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Glad you enjoyed it.

In our 4 stays at Pop we've never had a complaint. We love it there and recommend it to our friends. Sure the Moderate and Deluxe Resorts are nicer but we prefer the atmosphere of Pop. Plus we don't spend enough time at the resort to justify the extra cost of staying someplace other than a value.

andreallybadeggs
04-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Glad you had such a good time. We've enjoyed it there too and think it is a great value.

egospotter
04-06-2009, 07:54 PM
DH and I stayed at Pop last year to save some money and we loved it to.

I've stayed almost everywhere on property and my favorites are Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge - Pop ranks right up there with them now on my list!

Much better than the All Stars to me - and the best bus music on property. Caught myself singing along and doing the YMCA and Macarena more than once on the way back and forth from the parks!

PixieMagic
04-06-2009, 09:15 PM
I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this!!!:cloud9:

grumpypima
04-06-2009, 10:22 PM
This year we stayed in a preferred room at the Pop Century and we LOVED it! Our room was on the first floor

I am so glad you liked it!!:mickey:

We are staying at the All-Star Sports this year for the first & I am excited about it. We are "Moderate" folks, with only a few (Disney property) Deluxe Resort experiences. I've been a little nervous but I really think we will like the Sports. Our DS-6 is a huge football fan!

Thank-you for letting us know you liked POP!!

LudwigVonDrake
04-06-2009, 10:31 PM
POP is my favorite value resort with All-Star Movies a close second :smickey:

SBETigg
04-06-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm all about location. Food courts aren't much of a draw for me. I really love the quick service options at the Poly and at the GF, and the fact that they are 24-hour. But I'm glad you found out you enjoy POP. If you can fall in love with a place at that much lower cost, why not? Cool!

ASweetLov
04-06-2009, 10:55 PM
I am glad you enjoyed it! We love Pop!

Tigerinvestigator
04-06-2009, 11:19 PM
:confused:

CaptSmee
04-07-2009, 12:05 AM
glad you enjoyed it! sounds like you got lucky with the room location! we had a preferred building once, and it was on the 3rd floor all the way at the end of the building. not everyone is as lucky to get one so close to the pool!

brownie
04-07-2009, 09:22 AM
We've enjoyed our stays at All-Star Movies. We're planning on staying at Pop Century for our next trip, unless the budget allows us to upgrade.

disneydreamer1970
04-07-2009, 10:04 AM
We are looking forward to our 5th visit at POP Century in June! We have stayed in many resorts and love POP too!!

Trish

Mousemates
04-07-2009, 11:34 AM
We enjoy the pop as well (its our favorite value (ASMo is second)....infact we're going to spend some time there during a split stay later this year.

FaithTrustPixieDust
04-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Well, darn! Now that I have decided to upgrade to a moderate or deluxe this year, you have to go and confuse me!!! Sounds like switching from All Star to POP might be a bit of an upgrade anyway . . .

:confused::confused:

Hull-onian
04-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Glad you enjoyed it.

In our 4 stays at Pop we've never had a complaint. We love it there and recommend it to our friends. Sure the Moderate and Deluxe Resorts are nicer but we prefer the atmosphere of Pop. Plus we don't spend enough time at the resort to justify the extra cost of staying someplace other than a value.

:ditto:

Mousemates
04-07-2009, 10:21 PM
:confused:

I'm confused as to the nature of your confusion :mickey:

Tink#64
04-08-2009, 12:20 AM
POP is our WDW home! DH & I discuss every year trying a mod, but we really like the atmosphere at POP so much as do our 11 & 13 yr old DS's, & we're afraid that we'd be disappointed someplace else! We love the energy there! :thumbsup:

Cinderelley
04-08-2009, 04:51 AM
:thumbsup: I'll take Pop over Poly any day!

MickeyandTink
04-08-2009, 05:05 PM
POP is our WDW home! DH & I discuss every year trying a mod, but we really like the atmosphere at POP so much as do our 11 & 13 yr old DS's, & we're afraid that we'd be disappointed someplace else! We love the energy there! :thumbsup:

:ditto:

We're staying there again this year, making it three years in a row. While we would love to stay at a monorail resort or at the Boardwalk, for the money you just can't beat POP. :number1:

TheVBs
04-08-2009, 05:39 PM
I've heard so many good things about POP here that we'll have to try it on the next trip. Actually, I wanted to try it on this one coming up, but DH wanted to stick with the ASMu. We've certainly always had a great time there, so I can understand his reluctance to switch. Next time though..... ;)

mouseketeer mom
04-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Wow! Pop better then Poly! Lucky you to have the experience. I've never tried Pop, but your post made me curious about it!

Belster
04-08-2009, 08:52 PM
I also have a similar experience as the poster. I stayed many times at Poly and for financial reasons needed to stay value our last few trips. I was very nervous but to my surprise I LOVE Pop!!!! I mean I love it!!! In fact my next resi is at CSR and I am thinking of saving myself the money and transferring back to Pop. I also love being on the first floor right in front of the Hippy Dippy Pool.

So happy to hear you loved it!!!!:mickey:

Nicki'sMom
04-08-2009, 10:03 PM
This is so great to hear! We are staying at Pop for the first time in August and I can't wait. :woohoo:

johnO
04-09-2009, 09:00 AM
All Star Movies!!!!!!

Mom2princesses
04-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Well I am thrilled for the original poster! Good for you. I personally prefer the deluxe resorts with the Poly being my absolute favorite. But hey that is why Disney has different resorts to make everyone happy. :lei::papple:

Daisy'sMom
04-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Just think, you not only had a wonderful time at the POP, but you acutally saved some money to boot! We always stay at the POP now, we would never spend that kind of money for the Poly again, or for that matter, the other resorts. We did stay at Sports once and liked that one also.:mickey:

KayDee
04-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Usually this process goes the other way. First you do POP for two years then you try a mod or deluxe and rave about the difference. Now the question is after doing value can you go back to deluxe?

PrettyMinnie
04-10-2009, 12:02 PM
We love POP too! :minnie:

Daddy Mouse
04-10-2009, 05:25 PM
I have relatives that have stayed at the Pop two weeks every year for the last five years. They love it. We visted it last time we were there it seemed whimsical and fun.

dmosher
04-10-2009, 05:34 PM
I have to admit DW and I are a both spoiled and now that we are in the DVC, I don't see going back to the POP/DCS resorts in the future, but I use to enjoy them (though never stayed in POP). I have to admit that it would be just a little to chaotic for us. But honestly, if you like it, then enjoy it. That's the best part of Disney is that there is a certain kind of Magic for any and everyone.
:pipes:
D