PDA

View Full Version : Hammons Family Vacation Pre Trip Report

AmandaChan
04-06-2009, 04:38 PM
DH and I go every year and have for the past 3 years. This is our fourth visit and our second as a married couple. We spent our honeymoon at Disney last year and it was the most amazing time we've had together. Now we make one last trip before our plans for children take an attempt. We only get to spend six days in the parks whereas usually we go for at least eight or so. However now we have a kitty at home who is like our baby and we can't spend too much time away from her. We booked our flights through Airtran and hopefully I won't regret it. We usually go out of Cincinnati, who has the reputation of being one of the most expensive carriers in the US thanks to its main Delta hub. I am very excited, every year we go in May and start the summer off with a refreshing vacation. We always have our goals for the summer and a Disney trip gives us the inspiration to do something exciting.

I graduated last May as a nurse and I have begun my career over the past several months. I have been so stressed out and my DH is still in school, so we need a break.
It has been a hard year and I can't think of anything more uplifting to do to get my mind off of things.

We're staying in the POFQ. We have read great reviews and I am hoping that the transportation will be decent. We won't be eating out as much at sit down restaurants due to budgetary restraints. I believe we have reservations for Brown Derby Inn and Le Cellier. We're hoping to take more video and make more tangible memories. I am sad that Space Mountain will be closed but hopefully Jungle Cruise will be open this time! Maybe this time we'll make a trip over to Boardwalk since we have never been. I can't imagine not having a trip like this to look forward to every year.

Maybe our next trip will be for Christmas time?

amanda :nurse:

baby minnie's mommy
04-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Have a great time! Try to take advantage of anything you can't do with a baby along. :D

Hope the nursing career goes well for you, too. :thumbsup: Hooray for nurses!

Insanity Clause
04-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Have a wonderful vacation. I can't wait to hear about your trip. I think May is a wonderful time to be there.

RedSoxFan
04-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Have a great time and Happy Anniversary.

Donald
04-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Happy Anniversary!:bride::groom::wine:
Have an amazing vacation! I am sure you will be happy with AirTran:plane:. We have had good luck with them; and POFQ always has great reviews.

Try out the Boardwalk-we love the bakery in the morning.

I never thought I would ever take a baby to WDW; but it is very easy. The baby stations are very well equipped with items and nice people to help you. So....maybe you won't have to give up your yearly Disney vacation so soon!!:mickey::babyroll:

faline
04-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Have a wonderful trip! Sounds like a trip to Disney is just what you need!

mouseketeer mom
04-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Hello fellow nurse! Have a fantastic trip! Hope your kitty does ok while your gone...Our three kitties dread when the suitcases come out..They do miss us terribly when were gone, and never come out for the pet sitter. Sometimes they also do some fresh things while we're gone, but after a few days home they are back to their old selves.

vizsla
04-07-2009, 05:18 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

yjgirl32
04-07-2009, 08:35 AM
Have a great trip! I loved the May weather. Enjoy! Don't worry your kitty will be fine.

DizNee143
04-07-2009, 08:59 AM
sounds like its going to be a great trip!! hope you have fun!! cant wait to hear all about it when you guys get back! :mickey:

AmandaChan
04-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Wow thanks everyone for the wishes! :)