PDA

View Full Version : online check in questions

thejens
04-06-2009, 01:54 PM
WE are staying at the POP on our first night and them moving to AKL the next day. We plan to do the Hollywood Studios on that first day. I am debating on how and when to check in. I want to be at the Studios at opening so I am guessing I can check in on line and then head to Studios. We wouldn't physically check in to AKL until late that afternoon. Is there any downside to doing it that way? Usually we rush on over to bring our luggage, but I guess that really isn't necessary? When you check in online do they assign you your room at that time? We did not reserve the Savannah view (but of course I am wishing we would get upgraded.) I don't imagine it makes any difference when our how we check in?

TammiMcMan
04-06-2009, 06:29 PM
I want to be at the Studios at opening so I am guessing I can check in on line and then head to Studios. We wouldn't physically check in to AKL until late that afternoon. Is there any downside to doing it that way? Usually we rush on over to bring our luggage, but I guess that really isn't necessary?You wouldn't have to worry about your luggage at all. Bell services will take care of moving it for you, just be sure to hang onto anything you might need during the day as luggage delivery can be delayed.

When you check in online do they assign you your room at that time?Not necessarily. Room assignments can be done 3 to 4 days in advance, or done at check-in based on currently available inventory.

We did not reserve the Savannah view (but of course I am wishing we would get upgraded.) I don't imagine it makes any difference when our how we check in?Alot of people have had better luck with room assignments when they check in early. That's when the available inventory is at the highest, so there's more to choose from. The few times we've arrived late, we've had to move rooms the next day because we had to take sort of the "leftover" room.

Personally, I like express check-out, but I'm not a huge fan of on-line check in for hotel reservations. I really enjoy the interaction with the registration CM's and being able to see what rooms are available and choosing the one I want.

Out of curiosity, are you on a package at all when you check into AKL? If so, you would have to check in there first in order to activate any type of dining or tickets you may have tied to that particular reservation.

thejens
04-06-2009, 09:16 PM
oops
I realized after I posted that my park tickets are on my door key so, yes, I do have to go there first! I hate that because I hate getting to the park late. Does anyone know how early I can check in at AKL? If I do the online check in express thing how fast would that be? Could I leave the car on the side walk with the kids in it and just zip in and out? (of course there would be another adult with kids in the car!)
I really need to get those toystory fast passes!!!

TammiMcMan
04-06-2009, 09:29 PM
You could check into AKL beginning at 6:30am. I wouldn't imagine the registration desk would be very busy at that time of day. If the whole family is with you, it shouldn't be an issue to pull right up in the car, have one adult do the check-in, while the other waits.

Arrange for express check-out at Pop and simply call bell services when you're ready to leave the room. They'll take care of the luggage transfer.