PDA

View Full Version : LTT Character Dining to return...

Nini5055
04-06-2009, 01:08 PM
This is what I just found...

"Character Dining returns to Liberty Tree

The Liberty Tree one of only a few sit down restaurants in the Magic Kingdom, stopped having a character dining experience in January. Since then bookings have been down by a lot so Disney is turning back the clock. You can start to see the characters return around Easter. "

Can anyone confirm this is true yet??? I will keep looking for the final word. :D

big blue and hairy
04-06-2009, 01:12 PM
First LTT Characters Returning Thread (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=151436)

:sulley:

lockedoutlogic
04-06-2009, 01:38 PM
This is what I just found...

"Character Dining returns to Liberty Tree

The Liberty Tree one of only a few sit down restaurants in the Magic Kingdom, stopped having a character dining experience in January. Since then bookings have been down by a lot so Disney is turning back the clock. You can start to see the characters return around Easter. "

Can anyone confirm this is true yet??? I will keep looking for the final word. :D

where exactly did you "find" this?

a new story of some sorts? or another chatboard?

Chatboards tend to have alot of wishful thinking expressing its opinions

Nini5055
04-06-2009, 02:40 PM
In a WDW Newsletter. Here is the brief statement. I will work to get this verfied...part of that process is posting here to see if anyone has heard of this.

"According to our friend Jim Hill, “Long story short, what with all of the staffing issues and scheduling changes involved with bringing character dining back to the Liberty Tree Tavern, it may take as long as the second weekend of April (To be specific, Easter) before Goofy’s Liberate Your Appetite Character Dinner is up and running again. And just so you know, this news has not been officially announced yet. So if you call (407) WDW-DINE today and then tell them you’re looking to make reservations for character dining at the Liberty Tree Tavern, that call center rep is not going to know what the heck you’re talking about. But trust me, folks. These WDW Cast Members will be brought up to speed shortly. So if you’re looking to Liberate Your Appetite anytime soon, you’d best make some reservations ASAP.”

lockedoutlogic
04-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Jim Hill is completely unreliable....

While this might be true....Jim Hill Media is not a reliable source of any kind.....they take alot of their own opinions and hunches....then combine them with heresay rumors from overzealous low level WDW employees that have no access the type of information they then pass on....
and there you go...

Nini5055
04-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Lockedout...was it you that said that due to the high(er) volume of visitors that it would be unlikely to be brought back??? I can't remember who said something like that.

However, in further reading I did find that to be the case and that IF the Character dining did return to LTT, it would be well into September...if at all.

But as always...I will keep my eyes and ears open!!! :mickey:

lockedoutlogic
04-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Lockedout...was it you that said that due to the high(er) volume of visitors that it would be unlikely to be brought back??? I can't remember who said something like that.

However, in further reading I did find that to be the case and that IF the Character dining did return to LTT, it would be well into September...if at all.

But as always...I will keep my eyes and ears open!!! :mickey:

I believe that i said that it was unlikely that they would bring them back unless nobody went to the restaurant....

which apparently is the catalyst for this move.

but i still have my suspicions that
1. Disney will keep the retraction of characters from liberty tree....because it's good for business
2. Even if the reduced bookings have caused them to re-evaluate their stance....most likely the public will forget about the characters altogether....and soon return to liberty tree based on crowd levels....like any other restaurant...

but they're all theories.....i miss quite a few....but as far as the disney "response" to the financial issues in the global economy....they've done exactly what i expected....
..squeeze nickels

DizneyRox
04-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Jim "Consider the Source" HIll said that too...

Many Internet rumors start with Jim, some pan out, many don't... They are all rumors.

ransam
04-12-2009, 02:29 AM
i really wish they would...and it may be true bookings maybe down...we were planning on eating there...but cancelled when we found out no more characters.

TheRustyScupper
04-12-2009, 08:14 AM
i really wish they would...and it may be true bookings maybe down...we were planning on eating there...but cancelled when we found out no more characters.

1) We were happy to see the characters leave.
2) MK needs places to eat without characters.
3) They already have character meals for those who want them.
4) Many folks would like to have a nice meal
. . . without characters interfering
. . . without kids running around after characters
. . . without noisy kids as characters pass by

Ian
04-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Jim Hill himself retracted this story a day or two after he first ran it.

Since this topic already has a thread of its own (linked above) I'm going to close this one and direct all further conversation to the original.

Thanks! :mickey: