PDA

View Full Version : free dining question

disneyfansinceage2
04-06-2009, 11:28 AM
If we check in on October 2nd does free dining extend for the remainder of our trip or do we just not get charged for those two days. Sorry to be so stupid. I'm just a little confused. Thanks.

TysMomTink
04-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Last year we checked in on September 20 (the last day of free dining) and had the free dining for whole trip (6 nights). I would assume it would be the same this year.

Hope this helps.

Strmchsr
04-06-2009, 12:34 PM
There seems to be a good bit of confusion on this. Some folks seem to think it's the same as previous that if you check in before the promotion ends then you get the promotion for your entire trip, but the fine print on this year's offer clearly states that "free" dining ends on Oct 3 and is not available for any night after that. I would check with Magical Journeys to get a correct answer.

TysMomTink
04-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Sorry for the wrong info. I just know what I had last year. I wasn't aware of the fine print in this year's offer.

Strmchsr
04-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Sorry for the wrong info. I just know what I had last year. I wasn't aware of the fine print in this year's offer.

Well, I'm not sure the fine print means what it seems to because I believe a couple of folks on here have reported that they tried to book arriving on Oct 1 or 2 and got the promotion for the whole vacation. That doesn't seem to jive with the fine print, hence the confusion. That's why I suggest checking with MJ to find out for sure.

Tink1
04-06-2009, 02:28 PM
so far the fine print does not match what we have been seeing.

It has been that you get the free dining if oyur stay goes past 10/3.

Nanc

Strmchsr
04-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Thanks for clearing it up Nanci! I knew you'd have the answer. :thumbsup:

ChipDale2708
04-08-2009, 09:12 AM
I just booked last Saturday w/ AAA for 9/30-10/5 and received the free dining for the whole trip. :woohoo: We have never used the dining plan, so to have it during the free time is really awesome. Call me crazy, but I still can't get it through my head that dining will be FREE. :blush:

oliver&bianca
04-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Call me crazy, but I still can't get it through my head that dining will be FREE. :blush:

Remember......Tips are not included in the free dining as in past years. So you need to remember to budget for this.

ChipDale2708
04-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Yes, I know about tipping. If I don't have to pay for food, tips aren't a big deal at all! Still can't get FREE food through my head. Heck, I'd almost tip more!