PDA

View Full Version : Best Time of day for WP

gaffz70
04-06-2009, 10:57 AM
We will be going to WDW the end of Aug...we have never been to the WP's. I realize that at this time of yr they will be crowded. We generally go the reg parks as soon as they open and are back at our hotel in the afternoon. I was just wondering if this strategy would work at the WP's or would it be better to go later and hang out there for dinner?

DizNee143
04-06-2009, 11:48 AM
wp?

faline
04-06-2009, 11:56 AM
I think the original poster might be referring to Water Parks. If that is the case, the times we have gone to the water parks, we do try to get there early and generally leave early afternoon to go back to our room, shower, change and they head off to the parks in the late afternoon/early evening.

joonyer
04-06-2009, 12:32 PM
August 09 hours haven't been posted yet, but usually the WP's close at 6pm during the last week of August. The parks definitely be more crowded in the afternoon than in the morning, so it depends on your approach. If you are going to try to ride as many slides as possible, with as little waiting in line as possible, then going at opening (usually 10 am) will be best. On the other hand, if you are going to cool off and relax (we love the lazy rivers), then going to a theme park in the am and then hitting the WP's after lunch works too, as long as you are prepared to expect more crowds.

Mousemates
04-08-2009, 08:55 AM
I'd go early...and by early I mean at opening...like the theme parks, the lines at the best rides at either TL or BB build thorughout the day...thus if you get there early you ride a lot of rides fairly quickly and then be able to kind of kick back and do the more relaxed items in the afternoon (lazy river, wave pool, etc). The only draw back to early arrival at the WPs is that ii can sometimes be a bit cool in the mornings...but since your going in August that certainly will not be a problem.

Magic Smiles
04-08-2009, 08:00 PM
I would definitely be there for opening, grab a lounger and head off to the slides. Get as many slides in before the crowds invade. Floating around on the lazy river is an amazing way to relax when the slides start to get busy.

Chernabog1326
04-08-2009, 08:21 PM
I agree with the others. Get there as soon as they open. That way you can ensure you can get a locker, and maybe set your towels on a lounger in a nice shady spot. That is what we usually do. Then we head back in the early afternoon, nap, shower, then head to the parks for dinner and fireworks.

SteveL
04-09-2009, 09:45 PM
It seems like a lot of guests leave in the early afternoon so the lines shorten somewhat.

Daddy Mouse
04-10-2009, 04:52 PM
I would go early. Because there will be a good chance of rain in the afternoon. Maybe it is me, or bad luck everytime we went in the afternoon there would be a thunderstorm that lasted a few hours.

dmosher
04-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Dw and I usually go in the late morning --> early afternoon. Yes there are crowds, but it usually rains a little and people leave. If you are not really planning it, wait till the daily showers kick in,then hop a bus. usually by the time you get there, the storm has stopped or slowed a bit and the guests have dispersed back to their rooms. Always seems to work for us anyway.
:pipes:
D

sisterdisco
04-10-2009, 09:22 PM
We went last week of Aug 08 and would go to TL about 4pm till close 6pm. It was pretty empty by 4pm each day. We had no wait for anything. We did BB one am and by 1200, there were long lines.
Hope that helps!