PDA

View Full Version : Sci Fi ADR Question

Rosemickey68
04-06-2009, 09:01 AM
So we got an ADR for Sci Fi and for our party of 6 they only had separate tables available.
So, has anyone ever booked this way and got lucky when they arrived and got seated at the same table, or will they put us next to each other?

Hayden's Dad
04-06-2009, 09:19 AM
They have "cars" that are actual tales with I think six chairs. I would ask for one of those when you get there. You may have to wait a little longer to be seated, but at least you would be together. Also I would recommend getting there earlier so you can request far enough in advance. Have fun! We love the Sci Fi! :mickey:

Nini5055
04-06-2009, 09:35 AM
I think the "cars" have a front seat and a back seat. The seats can comfortably seat two adults and maybe up to 3 children in a seat if they are smaller. It was close with dd7 and myself in one seat and my parents were seated in the back seat of the same car.

I think you will have 4 people per car with 2 people in a different car.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-06-2009, 09:42 AM
We were in a car that sat 6, 3 rows of 2 people each.

So, conversation still won't be all that great, hard for the back row to talk to the front row, but you will be all together.

Did you make 1 ADR for 6 people, or did you have to split it up? If it is 1 ADR, I can't see them splitting you up and having you scattered around the restaurant.

I would think you'd be in 1 car, especially if you don't mind waiting a bit for one to become available.

MOJoe
04-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Disney Dining fills up time slots. But at the restaurant, the CM's fill seats. The cars seat 6, so that seems to be the easiest way to seat you. I would bet that when you check in, if you request, you can all be put in one car.

Belster
04-06-2009, 03:26 PM
You will love Sci-Fi!!!

Sounds like you may have been booked at a table in the back of the restaurant, this happened to me my first time. They are small umbrella tables that seat 4 only. You may want to call and reserve a car, in this case you will be able to have 6 to a car...but you will not be facing eachother. When we went and sat at tables we were very envious of those that were able to sit in cars. hehe :thedolls:

Nini5055
04-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Ahhhhh...see the cars have 3 rows!!! I could have sworn to having only 2...but my memory fails me. :blush: I am happy other were able to confirm the car capacity.

Also, I don't agree that since you have the same ADR # you will be seated together. When we had our grand gathering we were split in different areas multiple times...oftentimes not even close.

Just be sure to mention that you want to sit together. I am sure they will accomodate you as 6 is not that large a group.

BTW...SciFi is cool!!!:cool:

Rosemickey68
04-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Did I need to specify I wanted a car?
We have never eaten there and I assumed when I made the ADR it was for a car.
The ADR was for 6 people, they gave me one confirmation #, and told me all they had left were indicating separate tables?!?
If we are gonna be eating at a table and not a car, I will change my ADR to somewhere else (my son has always wanted to eat there and sit in one of the "cars"..... so I guess I need to call and verify or do I just ask when we check in at the Sci Fi?!?!?
Another question....if you make an ADR at a later time than you wanted and show up...say 45 minutes early, is it likely you will get seated early?
Just wondering as we have always been able to get the times we wanted and it seems difficult this time around to get exactly what I wanted. Call me spoiled I guess!!!:mickey:

MOJoe
04-06-2009, 05:15 PM
If you have an ADR you will get to sit in a car. However, if you show up 45 minutes early, the converstion may go like this.
"We would like for all 6 of us to be seated together and my son really wants to sit in a car."
"If you choose to wait, we will get a car for you closer to your ADR time. But you may be seated more quickly if you take one of our umbrella tables."
"We'll take the ________."

This is really a fun place to eat. And you have a child who wants to try it. So don't change that ADR. I'm sure the CM's will try to accomodate you in every way possible. But realize that Everyone who checks in is wanting to eat now. So you can't always be seated early.

Rosemickey68
04-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the responses!

The only reason I would cancel is my son (who is 20 by the way!) said there was no reason to go to the Sci Fi if we didn't get to sit in a car, that sitting in the "cars" is what makes it a novelty and so cool!
The original ADR I had made this morning specifically indicated "separate tables" and the CM wasn't sure if it would be 2 or 3 different tables, she did say they might be able to seat us at one table if we asked at check in but couldn't guarantee it as our ADR did specify the separate tables and they only had 2 time slots open when I called this am and then would be booked up (and this was for the whole day!)

So, I guess luck was on my side, after posting my message above I called WDW Dine and got an earlier ADR for all 6 of us at the same car/table. The CM said it was the only slot available!
So, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to someone for canceling their ADR!:mickey:

MOJoe
04-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the responses!

The only reason I would cancel is my son (who is 20 by the way!) said there was no reason to go to the Sci Fi if we didn't get to sit in a car

This is really a fun place to eat. And you have a child who wants to try it.

Had to laugh at this! :D :blush:

Nini5055
04-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Awesome!!!! I'm happy to hear you got the car for all 6. :thumbsup:

Have a great trip!!!:mickey: