PDA

View Full Version : Accident on/around water bridge?

Tygger7
04-06-2009, 07:35 AM
Hi everyone! I'm hoping someone may have some info on this. My DD16 is at WDW right now, staying at FW with friends. The went to WL for dinner last night and wanted to take the boat to MK, but were told that there were no boats running to MK due to an accident on/around the water bridge. Has anyone else heard about this? The CM she talked to didn't have much info, and didn't know how long the boat service would be affected. Any info I can pass along to her would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!!

kakn7294
04-06-2009, 08:12 AM
The Orlando Sentinal reports an accident between a car and Disney bus on World Drive. Sadly, a woman in the car was killed.

greengeen
04-06-2009, 08:30 AM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-b...,1530431.story

Tygger7
04-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Wow....that's horrible. I'll pass the info along to my daughter. Thanks so much for the info!

LauraleeH
04-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Wow, that's really sad...

Toad_Passenger
04-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Very sad. I saw one report put the crash near Timberline/Topiary & World Drive, near the monorail overpass. If this is true, why would they stop the boats?

kakn7294
04-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Very sad. I saw one report put the crash near Timberline/Topiary & World Drive, near the monorail overpass. If this is true, why would they stop the boats?The water bridge is also in this area.

ibrowse17
04-06-2009, 11:59 AM
How sad. Our thoughts go out to all that were involved.

Ed
04-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Very sad. I saw one report put the crash near Timberline/Topiary & World Drive, near the monorail overpass. If this is true, why would they stop the boats?

The accident was clearly visible from the waterway and from the monorail. I understand it was a rather gory sight, and I can only imagine that WDW wanted to spare their guests from having to see that. :(

drummerboy
04-06-2009, 02:13 PM
The accident was clearly visible from the waterway and from the monorail. I understand it was a rather gory sight, and I can only imagine that WDW wanted to spare their guests from having to see that. :(

That makes sense, especially in the Disney context.

GrumpyFan
04-06-2009, 02:51 PM
News reports it was a local woman from Clermont, age 47.

A rumor somewhere else reported that she may have been a CM who was late for work.

DizneyRox
04-06-2009, 03:04 PM
News reports it was a local woman from Clermont, age 47.

A rumor somewhere else reported that she may have been a CM who was late for work.I heard it was a server somewhere at the Grand...

murphy1
04-06-2009, 03:55 PM
How terrible, here's some news:

A 47-year-old Clermont woman was killed Sunday afternoon when she lost control of her car and crashed into a bus on Walt Disney World property.

Teresa Scarborough was killed.

Nine passengers were aboard the Disney bus. Two were taken to a hospital with minor injuries, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

Scarborough was driving a four-door Hyundai north on World Drive when she missed a curve, veered into the wrong lane and struck the bus, the patrol reported.