PDA

View Full Version : Costumes

Wrigley
04-05-2009, 06:14 PM
I know that princess dresses are sold in the shops, but I was wondering if there are other costumes sold as well? Maybe Minnie? We are trying to come up with a costume for our dd2 for the MNSSHP. We were originally thinking princess, but now I'm leaning towards Minnie. Thanks so much!:mickey:

dizneefan67
04-05-2009, 06:50 PM
You may want to try Disneystore.com for costumes...or if you are crafty and can sew, go to Walmart and pick out a pattern and make it by hand!!!! Either way try to find something that can have a few uses for it, such as the MNSSHP and maybe PJ's! Just an idea!
Have a great Trip!
:mickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
04-05-2009, 09:11 PM
They do have Minnie Mouse costumes in WDW. The best selection seemed to be at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney. It is split up into boy and girl sections, and there are tons of choices (eg. princesses, pirates, Alice, Mickey and Minnie, Pooh characters). They are all very expensive, but really beautiful.

4myprincesses
04-05-2009, 09:47 PM
They did have a cute Minnie dress the last time we were there (December) in the World of Disney store DTD and also in the Judge's tent in Toontown Fair at MK.

We've always made our girls' costumes and had a wonderful time (mom and I) doing it. In fact, we like it so much, we have thought of selling them to others. I made the twins each a Minnie dress for this trip (age 2, already!) our of red with white hearts instead of just red with white dots. The eyelet lace trim is just like Minnie's...so very cute! I should post a pic, of course I could be biased seeing as what mom doesn't think her little girl looks great in just about anything :)

GoofyMom09
04-06-2009, 02:34 PM
When my daughter was 1 we bought her a Minnie dress at the Emporium at MK. It was so cute! I got her the dress and a set of ears and the total was about $50. That was about 2 years ago now so I'm not sure what the prices would be now. I think it is worth it though. The pictures I got of her in that dress are so sweet!

handmaidenofprincesses
04-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Definitely check your local Disney store first! They always have Minnie and it will be at least slightly cheaper. Also, I would recommend nixing the shoes. They may be really cute, but when I worked at the Disney store they got returned left and right because they were uncomfortable. You'll save ten dollars and your daughter will be much more comfy in sneakers!

dmosher
04-12-2009, 03:33 AM
DW and I went as Snow White (purchased Disney Costumes), I went as Prince Charming (I pieced it together). This was easy for me after working on Prince Caspian, I had a knack for putting pieces together. That being said, you can always seek out the costumes you already have in your home. Last time we were there, we saw many Disney/Pirate costumes, but also some truly unique ideas.
Just be yourself and enjoy the fireworks and trick or treating. it is the best part ever!
:pipes:
D

VWL Mom
04-12-2009, 09:49 AM
You may want to try Disneystore.com for costumes

I agree, being off season you can pick up some good deals in the outlet section of the site. :thumbsup:

kemps@wdw
04-14-2009, 01:32 PM
I actually found my Minnie costume @ a "Party City" store in my area. Complete w/polka-dot dress, black tights, white crinolin, and yellow shoes. I bought the ears headband @ the hat shop @ MK.

tjstrike
04-15-2009, 02:23 AM
We've always had luck finding costumes at the disney outlet stores for about half price. Last time we went to MNSSHP we just dressed up like HSM characters. My kids have been pirates, princesses to name a few.

dmosher
04-15-2009, 05:32 AM
I love seeing other adults in costumes at MNSSHP, it rebuilds my faith in humanity and shows me that adults can be kids too!
:pipes:
D

marlaine
04-16-2009, 09:33 PM
We're planning to go to the MNSSHP on Sept. 15. I need some advise on a costume for my DS -
(5). It will still be extra hot. He's not into pirates or power rangers. In the past hes been McQueen Pooh Darth Vader. Not very practical for the heat. Any suggestions?
Good luck with your search for Minnie! You should be able to find her pretty easy!

madandmaksmom
04-16-2009, 09:54 PM
I don't know if color matters at all, but the Disney store currently has the pink Minnie dress online for $25. They have not had the traditional red for some time now--at least not that I have seen.

Also, check out a certain well-known auction site. There are lots of amazing designers there in all price ranges who can sew and paint just about anything.

Another idea--Alice in Wonderland. My litle one went in the costume one year and it was so cute. The whole family can dress the parts of the other characters.

For the poster with boys--what about Buzz or Woody? Or Tigger? Or Jack Sparrow? I only have girls, so I don't know what boys think is cool:mickey: