PDA

View Full Version : Packages for those on fixed incomes?

dizneefan67
04-05-2009, 01:34 PM
I have been planning the same trip for 10 years now, and it looks 'IFY' for this year but only time will tell! Because of health issues with travel partner, we may have to cancel our November 2009 trip!! But hopefully we will make it this year! I showed him all the other things we can do other than the fast rides, so he seems excited about it more than he has ever been. 223 Days Left until we leave! WOO HOO!! The hardest part is to try and save the money for the trip on a fixed income

...which brings me to a question, has anyone heard if Disney offers packages for those on fixed incomes like Social Security Disability?

I haven't seen anything, just wondering if anyone else has seen anything? :mickey:

CleveRocks
04-05-2009, 03:50 PM
I've never heard of anything like that, and I pay close attention to Disney specials AND I'm an advocate for individuals with disabilities.

DizneyRox
04-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Nope, Disney does nothing of the sort. Some of the surrounding hotels do things, Swan/Dolphin offers sometihng for teachers and nurses, etc. Might check there, but I've never heard of anything.

merlinmagic4
04-05-2009, 06:06 PM
I don't think they do but they do allow payments on a vacation if you book through a package through them. That way you can pay something on it every month instead of all at once :thumbsup: It's easier than trying to save money every month, especially on a fixed income. Something always comes up!

Hope you have a great trip!

dizneefan67
04-07-2009, 01:12 AM
:goodbad::goodbad:

Just to let you know that my trip for November 2009 has been cancelled due to health of travel partner...
BUT...
We have planned it for November 2010! I would much rather cancel now and wait until things are better for them than go and have a bad trip. He had a heart attack 1 week ago and is recuperating at my house now for a while!
Hope all you who have plans this year, enjoy your trips and I will keep updating mine!!!!

Will:mickey::mickey::mickey:

merlinmagic4
04-07-2009, 07:07 AM
Sorry to hear that :( Hope he recovers quiuckly and smoothly :pixie:

MNNHFLTX
04-07-2009, 09:09 AM
Sorry to hear about your travel partner's heart attack. :(

I'm glad that you are still planning to go to WDW, albeit at a later date. The positive thing is that it will give you more time to save up for your trip.