PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on dining reservations

MissDisney+3
04-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Hello

We are going to disney for a week in sept/oct and i'm trying to plan out my dining reservations. We are taking advantage of the free dining plan.

A little background, we go to disney once a year every year for about 10 years now. I have a 5 year old boy and a 3 year old girl, dh and I. This will be our second time using the dining plan. We wanted to have a nice mix of meals our kids would love and meals that mommy and daddy would love too.

This is what we are thinking so far:

Tues: MK
(TS1) Breakfast: Crystal Palace 8:05
(TS2) Dinner: Ohana
Wed: Epcot
(TS3) Breakfast: Akershus w/princesses
Plan to eat around the world for dinner for the food and wine festival.
Thurs: Hollywood Studios
(TS4) Lunch:Sci Fi Dine-In
(TS5) Dinner: Spoodles
Friday: Animal Kingdom
(TS6) Dinner: Boma
Saturday: ?
(OOP) Dinner: TREX
Sunday: MK
(TS7) Dinner: Whispering Canyon Café

WDYT? Is there anything you'd change or do you have any restaurants that are MUSTS that i don't have listed.

Pirate Granny
04-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Looks good to me...we are doing a lot of the same restaurants, except CP, Akershus for dinner and Ohana for breakfast (best value for our dollars, since we are paying for dining plan). We are even doing the T-Rex for dinner to...The only thing that I would reconsider is Spoodles...if you want to attend Fantasmic with the special seating...I would trade that dinner for one in HS that offers the fantasmic package. They don't do Fantasmic every night now and it's gotten to be a full crowd on the nights that it is scheduled...We are doing H&V at 4:30. I called the first day of reservations and Fantasmic Packages are one of the first to be booked up. We couldn't even get into MM or BD. And they have no package reservations after 5pm... Have fun...
:pirate:

tink179
04-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Everything sounds good, except for Spoodles.It's supposed to close, because in early fall Kat Kora is opening a new restaurant in that location with a mediterranean theme. If you look under the discussion section under dining you'll find more information about that.

Hull-onian
04-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Hello

We are going to disney for a week in sept/oct and i'm trying to plan out my dining reservations. We are taking advantage of the free dining plan.

A little background, we go to disney once a year every year for about 10 years now. I have a 5 year old boy and a 3 year old girl, dh and I. This will be our second time using the dining plan. We wanted to have a nice mix of meals our kids would love and meals that mommy and daddy would love too.

This is what we are thinking so far:

Tues: MK
(TS1) Breakfast: Crystal Palace 8:05
(TS2) Dinner: Ohana
Wed: Epcot
(TS3) Breakfast: Akershus w/princesses
Plan to eat around the world for dinner for the food and wine festival.
Thurs: Hollywood Studios
(TS4) Lunch:Sci Fi Dine-In
(TS5) Dinner: Spoodles
Friday: Animal Kingdom
(TS6) Dinner: Boma
Saturday: ?
(OOP) Dinner: TREX
Sunday: MK
(TS7) Dinner: Whispering Canyon Café

WDYT? Is there anything you'd change or do you have any restaurants that are MUSTS that i don't have listed.

Spoodles is closing. Would you consider Chef Mickeys at the Contempoary?

Hull-onian
04-05-2009, 03:55 PM
:welcome: to Intercot.

SBETigg
04-05-2009, 04:21 PM
I would choose the Grand Floridian Cafe in place of Spoodles, whether Spoodles was closing or not. If you prefer to stay in the Epcot area, you might enjoy Marrakesh, Chefs de France, Tokyo Dining or Teppan Edo-- all of these will be good for mom and dad as well as fun for the kids.

BMan62
04-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Besides the concern over Spoodles, I see you list 6 days and 7 TS meals...Did you forget a day in there somewhere or did I miss something?

Remember, the meals are based on nights of your stay, not days of park tickets.

MissDisney+3
04-05-2009, 07:15 PM
We are staying 7 nights and 8 days, monday to monday. So 7 TS and 7 CS meals. I left off the first and last days because they are travel days and we'll eat at the everything pop cafeteria. Monday to Monday.

MOJoe
04-06-2009, 05:39 PM
As others have said, looks very similar to my lists in the past. As to the one change, since you are at the Studios, and Spoodles is iffy, try the Brown Derby. It is 2 credits, but a very good experience. My family loves it there. :mickey: