PDA

View Full Version : Where to get best deals on flights?

BrownEyedGrrl
04-04-2009, 07:26 PM
I absolutely love road trips, and am usually in favor of driving anywhere we go. I think that being on the road, trapped in close quarters together can be a great bonding time for families. BUT, this year we will be traveling with our two foster sons, both of whom are infants (they will be 21 months and 7 months when we go), so I'm checking into flying instead, just to make the trip shorter and thus more enjoyable for them. We'll drive if we can't get a good deal on airline tix though.
So what is the best site for getting deals on flights? Any chance that a family of six (two adults, two six year olds, and two under two) could fly from Louisville, KY to Orlando roundtrip for less than $550? That's what we have budgeted for gas, one night motel stay along the way, and spending money for the drive down and back.
We may end up driving anyway, just so we have our own car when we get there, for trips outside the resort and for driving to parks when we don't want to wait for and load the gang onto a bus. But, I like to fully check out all my options.

JenniferS.
04-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm a foster parent too!! Will the 2 under 2 be on laps or in their own seat?? Also, when are you going?? I priced Southwest for 6 ppl in May on Saturdays. Not sure what you have planned and it came out to $1306.00 which is for non-stop flights. For 4 ppl w/ two on laps it came out to $870.00. If you wanted the lowest price was $69 one way w/ 1 stop. Might be cheaper if your not flying on the weekends. Hope this helps.

rkwctw
04-05-2009, 08:53 AM
I agree Southwest is one of the better airlines and also the cheapest. We are flying from KC, MO to Florida for 4 people for $680 dollars. Both flights down and back are non-stop. We fly down on a Wed. and fly back on a Sun.

BrownEyedGrrl
04-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Thanks, I'll definitely check out Southwest then. I would put the babies on mine and DH's laps. We would be flying out on a Thursday, back on a Friday. Thanks for the tips and good to see another foster parent on the board, JenniferS! :thumbsup: