PDA

View Full Version : Resort Airline Check In

PixieMagic
04-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Has anyone done this or have any advice?? I think I read on intercot that Northwest has the resort check in available? How does this work? I've never never done this before....please Help!!!

Pirate Granny
04-04-2009, 09:41 PM
It's a breeze...you take your luggage to the reception area of your hotel and there will be an airlines desk (or ask...at the GF it's outside). They'll ask for ID (only one person from the party needs to go) and they will print your boarding pass(es), take your luggage and away you go to the parks. REMEMBER that you need to 'pay' for your luggage on some airlines and that has to be done BEFORE you check-in for your return flight. The instructions on who, how and where to call will be in your information package that you'll get for ME back to the airport. We did have a bit of trouble checking hubby's golf clubs as GF thought that they were too oversized for them to take...I had to insist and they called the manager and he agreed that they were normal and took them. It's great as you don't see your luggage again until you arrive home on the luggage pick-up at your home airport. It makes the trip back to the airport nice and smooth. That said, there are airlines that do NOT participate...you can check that out with the airport desk at ME when you first arrive. Have a great Trip.
:pirate:

KylesMom
04-06-2009, 09:38 AM
We've used this service three years in a row, and it's great. You just need to realize that the check-in desk operates on limited hours.

Bring your flight information as well as your bags to be checked to the counter, and they'll tag your luggage and print your boarding passes for you. Any additional luggage you have for carry-on can be stowed with bell services until you're ready to leave your resort. Note that these are two separate services . . .

They'll ask for ID (only one person from the party needs to go) and they will print your boarding pass(es) At the WL, we've had a different experience. All members of our party had to be present, and both DH and I had to present our drivers licenses.

I do have an additional question . . . for those who have had to pay additional baggage fees, how did you go about it? We're renting a car & flying home on American, so we're going to owe $45 in baggage fees. Just wondering where/how we'd pay these fees before check-in. Last year we purchased our flights before all of the fees were enacted, so we have no experience with this part of the process! Can you pay these fees with your record locator before you leave home?

I just found the information to my question . . . for others who may be in need of the information and aren't utilizing Magical Express, here it is: Guests flying on AirTran, American, Continental, Delta, Northwest and US Airways who wish to check bags through Resort Airline Check-In will need to call Baggage Airline Guest Services at (407) 824-1231 to pay their airline checked luggage fees in advance of checking in at the Resort Airline Check-In desk. Otherwise, Guests will need to check-in at the airport.