PDA

View Full Version : Room Assignments

Luv4WDW
04-04-2009, 04:32 PM
When we made our reservations at the Grand Floridian (about 2 years ago) they told us what our view would be. I think they said a view of the Poly. If they don't assign rooms until you get there how could they tell us what our view would be?

TheRustyScupper
04-04-2009, 10:10 PM
1) Different views have different rates.
2) Other than that, they cannot tell you a location of room.
3) Rooms are assigned 3-4 days ahead of arrival.
4) At DVC's and in slow time, they can be assigned at check-in. *

* Some DVC's have voted to do "Room Ready", which means you get the room assigned at check-in, this way you can *usually* get a vacant room to enter immediately.

TammiMcMan
04-05-2009, 12:34 AM
It sounds like you booked a lagoon view room. Those do look out towards the Poly.

LudwigVonDrake
04-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Do you know what view you paid for?

Luv4WDW
04-05-2009, 06:51 PM
I don't remember what we made reservations for, but if I go to the Disney website it says "Deluxe Room-Royal Palm Club." Does the "Deluxe Room" have anything to do with the view? If not, what's the difference between a Deluxe Room and a Standard Room in the GF Concierge?

TammiMcMan
04-05-2009, 10:20 PM
A deluxe room in the main building is larger than a standard room. There are two different room layouts and two different views. One view overlooks the courtyard area and the other overlooks the lagoon (towards the Poly). You can request a certain layout or view with the IPO department, but it's only a request.

Standard rooms at the GF accommodate 5 guests, while the deluxe rooms only accommodate 4 (even though they're bigger). Unless you've booked a honeymoon deluxe, the bedding is 2 queen beds.

I have the floor plans on my personal website. Just let me know if you'd like to see them. I can give you more info regarding room numbers and their views, if you want to get that detailed.